Steel vengeance wait time opening day 5/5

Tera Ryzing

Steel vengeance wait time 5/5  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I would hope it isn't a 7 hour wait.... Biggest wait I've been in was 4 hours first season for TTD.

Holy $$$$ that is a long time to stand in a line

That's long enough to be in line,  meet new g.f and plan future marriage 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

My guess is the 5-hour'ish range. I waited 4 and half hours for Banshee at Kings Island Opening Day 2014, and Steel Vengeance has just as much hype if not more (probably more) behind it than that coaster, and Banshee has better capacity than SV, given Banshee's trains can carry 32 riders and SV can only carry 24 and is about 1,600 feet longer. So Steel Vengeance will probably at least be half hour or so longer than that, unless Cedar Point cracks down on Fast Lane Plus abuse, which really slowed down the opening day Banshee line (I expect had Fast Lane Plus not been a thing, the Banshee line would have been 3 hours or so instead of 4 1/2).

Granted there are other random variables, such as breakdowns and protein spills (aka people getting sick and barfing which I can almost guarantee will happen if SV is as intense as the early reviews suggest) so the line could be shorter if these don't happen, or longer if it happens a bunch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

Holy $$$$ that is a long time to stand in a line

That's long enough to be in line,  meet new g.f and plan future marriage 

When Outer Limits:Flight of Fear opened it had an 8 hour wait. The line started somewhere near The Beast and went to near Dinosaurs Alive back to the plaza in front of the ride. It looped around and filled the plaza and the building. It lasted like this for most of the summer and finally reduced to between 4 and 6 hours for a couple of seasons. So 8 hours is possible.... would I wait that long today? Nah. The coaster will be there for a while. I don’t have to be the first to ride it.... although I eventually will ride it!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, upstop said:

When Outer Limits:Flight of Fear opened it had an 8 hour wait. The line started somewhere near The Beast and went to near Dinosaurs Alive back to the plaza in front of the ride. It looped around and filled the plaza and the building. It lasted like this for most of the summer and finally reduced to between 4 and 6 hours for a couple of seasons. So 8 hours is possible.... would I wait that long today? Nah. The coaster will be there for a while. I don’t have to be the first to ride it.... although I eventually will ride it!

My god 8 hours?  That's insane...  The longest I have ever waited was 2 hours, and that was for Top Gun the year it came out. And I was younger back then, and my parents took me once a year and i thought wtf...2 hours for that lol

I went to Cedar Point 2 years ago i believe.. Whenever Valravn came out, and went from Tuesday to Thursday and had FL the 3 days. The waits for the top rides was around 2 to 3 hours on weekdays for non FL, I thought WOW. on a weekday?

I love coasters, but maybe not as much as some who can wait 4 to 8 hours for a 2 to 3 minute ride.. I bow to you!

• Like 1

I should clarify, I didn’t wait 8 hours (4.5 was my max)... lol. I went to where the entrance was and followed the line to The Beast and kept on walking. :P However I did wait around 4 and half hours by then... heck summer was almost over. That was with the infamous over-the-shoulders restraints. It was like being beaten up... people shared secrets on how to avoid the pain like holding your head to the left and forwards since all the loops were to the right. It worked! It was a joy when the lap bars came into being!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, upstop said:

I should clarify, I didn’t wait 8 hours (4.5 was my max)... lol. I went to where the entrance was and followed the line to The Beast and kept on walking. :P However I did wait around 4 and half hours by then... heck summer was almost over. That was with the infamous over-the-shoulders restraints. It was like being beaten up... people shared secrets on how to avoid the pain like holding your head to the left and forwards since all the loops were to the right. It worked! It was a joy when the lap bars came into being!

So Flight of Fear once had shoulder straps? I didn't know that.. I'm glad it doesn't now

^
Yes, it did. Here is a old image, from this very site, of one of the old cars in storage.

IMG_3838.jpg

Also: 8 HOURS!?!? STILL 4+ AFTER THE DEBUT!?!? Holy cow, I knew it was a brand-new coaster concept and all and due to the 5-car trains capacity could not have been that great, but that is insane. And I thought Beast and Millennium Force regularly seeing 3+ hour waits their debut years was crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

^
Yes, it did. Here is a old image, from this very site, of one of the old cars in storage.

IMG_3838.jpg

Also: 8 HOURS!?!? STILL 4+ AFTER THE DEBUT!?!? Holy cow, I knew it was a brand-new coaster concept and all and due to the 5-car trains capacity could not have been that great, but that is insane. And I thought Beast and Millennium Force regularly seeing 3+ hour waits their debut years was crazy.

That's a awesome pic. I wonder if I could fit in it.. I'm 6ft5 and I believe have to ride in the Even number seats to be able to have enough leg room to fit

I think the current ankle/lap restraints are a torture device let alone those things.

5 hours ago, Honorarius said:

Curious to see how the wait times are during the season, and how the new ride affects lines in other areas of the park...

GateKeeper and raptor will be walk ons all day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, McSalsa said:

^

IMG_3838.jpg

Yes! It was Paramount’s first attempt at a “Universal Studios quality” ride. Imagine coming to the park at 10 am and parking in the grass near the convenience store by Rt 71... (nearly all summer) the tram drivers were calling it the “deep south”.  :blink:

• Like 1

^^ Hahah that would be funny. I could see it and it sucks but when I go i'll have to wait in that line. I won't go there and not get on it lol. I just hope I get front seat. As for other rides. GateKeeper is almost a walk on each time I go. I have no idea how that coaster gives as many rides as they say. Beats me. Maverick's line won't  change seeing how it is the best coaster in the park haha I may be a bit bias.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ Hahah that would be funny. I could see it and it sucks but when I go i'll have to wait in that line. I won't go there and not get on it lol. I just hope I get front seat. As for other rides. GateKeeper is almost a walk on each time I go. I have no idea how that coaster gives as many rides as they say. Beats me. Maverick's line won't  change seeing how it is the best coaster in the park haha I may be a bit bias.

GateKeeper has really, really high capacity- it runs 3 32 passenger trains and from what I have seen, that ride crew does an incredible job of getting the trains out. If the crew is able to get a train out every 60 seconds or so (which from what I have seen is very possible with that ride) it can pull, from my math, up to 1,900+ riders per hour. That means it's gonna eat up whatever lines it does get, especially since there are plenty of other popular and high-capacity rides at Cedar Point to further ease the load. Vortex at Kings Island is kinda the same way- rarely will you see it with a wait over 20 minutes, yet at the end of the year, turns out it gave 900,000+ rides while Firehawk with constant 2-hour waits only gave 600,000+.

I would also expect increased wait times and ridership for Maverick in 2018. Not only will Steel Vengeance probably increase overall crowd levels at the park, Maverick just happens to be right next door, and they are refurbishing a lot of the special effects and theming. Me and my sister are super excited to ride Maverick again since that stuff was all already broken when she first rode in 2010, and was still not fixed when we rode last year. I am sure were are not the only ones eager to see Maverick with all the old (and maybe some new?) special effects working. I am expecting, if I wanna ride Maverick when we go to CP in a few weeks, I am either gonna have to do it for ERT, or wait a while (At least 1 hour, probably more like 2+).

• Like 1

^ I agree with the wait time going up on Maverick. I just am not sure how GK keeps such small lines. Its like no body waits for it. Each time I go its almost walk on up to 15 minute wait.  Idk maybe I am just getting lucky haha

So assuming it will take a few days to get the barges all set up :P, what direction does everyone think the overflow line will take and how far?   Down Frontier Trail or Gemini into Dragster Midway?

My vote is Frontier Trail and the line will peak at the Millennium Tunnel.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

So assuming it will take a few days to get the barges all set up :P, what direction does everyone think the overflow line will take and how far?   Down Frontier Trail or Gemini into Dragster Midway?

My vote is Frontier Train and the line will peak at the Millennium Tunnel.  

I thing they wil have temp queues set up in front of the entrance. I don't think they will go over the train tracks.

^^^
To be honest, on both my trips to CP last year, I visited on a Haunt Saturday (some of the busiest weekends in the year apparently) and the longest I waited for GateKeeper was 25 minutes (2nd time I had FL+ and didn't even need it, the line was shorter than the merge point). Apparently it gets its biggest waits right as the park opens and right before the park closes, since it is the front gate coaster everyone entering the park there sees and it is a GP magnet. During the afternoon is when apparently GateKeeper's wait time drops like a rock, because by then everyone has made their way further back into the park. Though SV could throw everything off, drawing everyone straight into the rear of the park as soon as the park opens.

^^
I expect it will probably go down the Gemini Midway after the overflows, I don't know for sure though.