Steel vengeance wait time opening day 5/5

Tera Ryzing

Steel vengeance wait time 5/5  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I thing they wil have temp queues set up in front of the entrance. I don't think they will go over the train tracks.

There is some room to do that but not a ton.   Reports at one point during Passholder Preview the main que and Deprivation que were full.  It may also be possible to set up temporary ques in the other parts of the infield.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

So assuming it will take a few days to get the barges all set up :P, what direction does everyone think the overflow line will take and how far?   Down Frontier Trail or Gemini into Dragster Midway?

My vote is Frontier Trail and the line will peak at the Millennium Tunnel.  

I’m guessing TTD midway. People tend to stack to the right. ;) it might take a right turn into Soak City and end up in Canada (via barge of course :P )

18 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

All the way to the main entrance.

Are those old guys going to get preferential treatment?

Question:  what if you jump in line right before close and thr line is outside the que?

Depending on how long the line is, they will likely have an employee staffed at the end and shut it down at a certain point.  I would assume that time would be 10 PM.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 12:14 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Is there any pictures of the queue?  Im not sure why but I always get a kick out of people standing in line.

I got this pic on Wed May 17, this was right after gates opened to the general public. It was hilarious seeing people running to get to a line that wasn't even open yet, they did not open it past the railroad tracks until after 1030a, so all the running was for nothing. Both days we were there by late afternoon the wait was only an hour. I'm sure now that it's back on Fast Lane it will be a different story but I still think you just have to be smart about it.

20180516_101826.jpg

39 minutes ago, JubJester said:

If you read there paragraph it says that it was an hour wait later in the day.

Yes.  Did the author really know it was going to be an hr wait later in the day.  The author said they did no wait at opening, "have to be smart".

10 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Yes.  Did the author really know it was going to be an hr wait later in the day.  The author said they did no wait at opening, "have to be smart".

They are saying it was an hour late afternoon. Which is indeed later in the day. See here:

"Both days we were there by late afternoon the wait was only an hour."

Not sure where you are trying to get at here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

He's trying to say that they didn't know for a fact that it would be an hour wait later.

Of course! That could be with anything! A protein spill or something can always happen. @Tera Ryzingdoesn't need to point that out. Everyone is quite aware of that. 

GPS could say 45 minutes and I could get there in 44. No need to make a big deal of things like that.

• Haha 1

On my first visit this season, I waited about 3 hours for it to open. I knew the wait might be shorter than that if I returned later, but getting a ride on SV was the only priority for that visit.

Tera Ryzing, trying to argue the same point over and over is disruptive to the conversation. Please be respectful of other members and their comments, even when you disagree. I cleaned up the thread.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Of course! That could be with anything! A protein spill or something can always happen. @Tera Ryzingdoesn't need to point that out. Everyone is quite aware of that. 

GPS could say 45 minutes and I could get there in 44. No need to make a big deal of things like that.

Right, and it's all over the fact that someone said above how they thought it was silly that all those people ran right for Steel Vengeance.  If you run there, and get there first, you are likely going to have a shorter wait.  It's a pretty simple equation to understand.  I think a lot of people over estimate how much research the overall GP does before visiting.

• Like 3