Sesame Street to SeaWorld in 2019

Hopefully this can get SeaWorld back on track.

The unexpected departure of Joel Manby has left the company in a scramble. To make matters worse, Six Flags has made their intentions clear as day, as they are looking to purchase domestic parks. I’m really hoping that John Reilly can turn the tide back in favour of the company.

I do not think that Six Flags would be a good fit for Sea World or the Busch Gardens parks.  Yes, those parks need help as Sea World Parks is in a bit of a mess right now.  But Six Flags just seems cheap to me, which is not what I think of when I think of the Busch parks.

• Like 2

To me, this is a smart direction, although I don't feel like that particular IP is going to demand attention from kiddos otherwise spending time at Disney. Granted, I haven't been in Sesame Street's target demographic for a decade or two, but I feel like it, like Peanuts, is timeless without being in high demand. I feel like the best thing that can be said about it is that it's recognizable. If they're looking to position themselves as something to do on that extra, unplanned day in Florida, then I suppose that's an alright move.

That being said, I do think the SeaWorld parks probably ought to concentrate on becoming really good amusement parks (as opposed to being good zoos and aquariums that happen to have a couple big coasters. As far as I'm concerned, I think the ship has sailed on SEAS ever repositioning themselves as parks whose main attractions are the animals.) This is a strong step in that direction. On that front, I think this is a great idea.

• Like 2