PKI Park Cleaness

pki2005

The park is very clean this year! It's been a big complaint in the past, but we have a great pan and broom crew this year and the rest of ecology is on the ball! What would help out a lot is if the guest would actually use the trash cans instead of leaving their trays on the tables so things blow away... and you know you could put your butts in the garbage can as well instead of on the ground... and you could help by picking up that napkin as you walk by...

BTW, pki 2005, you say " I rate it a 7 i come with black stuff on my legs ". I take that to mean that you yourself are coming with black stuff on your legs... which would mean the park isn't dirty.

To take it the way it sounds like you would want me to take it...I've never had that problem. The only way that would happen is by riding the coasters, that would be the only way to leave that park with black stuff on your legs. I've never heard anyone complain about that and I've never seen anyone get off of a coaster dirty. So, if it happens to you, tell the ride op so they can clean that car!

Edited by DragonLord

Maybe not black stuff but I have known a few guests to leave with brown stuff on their legs. No, they didn't soil their drawers. Someone forgot to let the picnic tables in the Picnic Grove dry after all the way after recieving their yearly paint job before putting them back out for use. Oops.

From what I see the park is pretty darn clean compared to like the city of Cincinnati or some regular public parks I've gone to. Like DragonLord said, the main problem is people don't understand the concept of a "trashcan" but like I've said many times before... "Amusement parks attract rednecks". Today was proof... there was a family of six all wearing matching shirts that had some printing on them that said "hilly billy day".

I do my part by picking up the big trash cause it just gets on my nerves just to see it, but cigarette butts and little stuff can wait cause its not that noticable to most people and I would be doing it forever. Its simple, I see stuff (usually right next to a trash can) as I walk around the park during my day at work and throw it out. I've been thanked by many members of management who've seen it cause most people just walk by.

lol

The change that is thrown off a que or that is lost during a ride is collected and used for a scholarship fund for the employees, so it goes to a good cause.

BTW, employees, the applications for the scholarships came out on the 6th, so try and pick one up if you are going to go to college in the fall as a freshman or if you are already in college.

Well, I would have rated it clean if I hadn't sat in bubble gum, been on a ride with someone who had a nosebleed, and got some dye or something from The Racer seats on the backs of my calves in one day.

Well first off, watch where you sit. Gums a problem everywhere just not at the park. Second, how can the park help if someone on the ride you're on gets a nosebleed? That has nothing to do with how clean the park is. When you go somewhere all day do you really expect to stay clean? Any park you go to will be dirty a little dirty. I think PKI is doing a great job this year keeping the park clean.

The park cant do anything if the guest dont help!!! They have only so many workers to pick up trash and if eveyone in the park throws there garabge away think of the money the park would be saving and could put it towards a better ride. Does Viacom own pki?\

Universal Studios owns Universal Theme Park. Viacom does not own Universal Studios and I'm pretty sure that Universal is it's own company... I can't find anything about a company that would own it.

Six Flags is owned by Warner Brothers, which is owned by AOL Time Warner (which also owns New Line Cinemas).

Viacom, which owns Paramount Parks Inc. and hence the park, also owns MTV, CMT, VH1, BET, Paramount Pictures and Home Entertainment, CBS, UPN, Nick, Noggin, TV Land, TNN, Comedy Central, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Sundance, Flix, Infinity Broadcasting (radio), Block Buster, Simon and Shuster publishing house, and Famous Music.

Six Flags is owned by Warner Brothers, which is owned by AOL Time Warner (which also owns New Line Cinemas).

We'll go through this one more time. Six Flags is no longer owned by another company. They are their own entity. Warner Brothers did own Six Flags at one point, but like I've pointed out, have sold the parks in 1998. (I found a press release about a law suit involving Six Flags and their former owners Warner Brothers which stated this) Proof.... If you go to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey (was there just this past week) you will see their water tower. On one side they had painted the Warner Brothers logo on it. It is now painted over, very poorly I might add. Though do to this relationship they still have their rights the characters and the logos of the Warner Brothers. (ie Scooby)

Universal Studios owns Universal Theme Park. Viacom does not own Universal Studios and I'm pretty sure that Universal is it's own company... I can't find anything about a company that would own it.

Vivendi owns Universal and they are planning to sell Universal Entertainment. Viacom put in a bid to buy Universal along with five other companies.

I think that PKI is clean within Kings Island control. They cannot control the gum people spit(just look at the loading platform on Beast) That is just unacceptable of people to just spit their gum on the ground. The only trash i only see are ciggarette butts. I know it is not all smokers, but all of the smokers i see, throw down their butts, anywhere they please. But as i am thinking about it, i havent ever seen any (well i am not sure what they are called, but they are basically big ashtrays) And you cant put a butt in a trash can because the trashcan would set on fire. So if they are some places, they need to be more of them.