No cameras allowed in Kings Island?

BoddaH1994

When I worked in the rides department I never had an issue with off ride videos/photos. It’s when people would pull their equipment out on the ride or lean past the fence/gates to get a “better angle” when all they got was the ops yelling at them in their video. I don’t know why people want a video on a flat ride with ride operators constantly asking them to put their phones away. Most of the time they wouldn’t do it until the operator would state that they will stop the ride or just say that it is illegal to have it out. 

• Like 1

Sunday on The Beast this young girl was in the row in front of me and what does she do when we are going up the hill, that's right she whips out the phone. I was so hoping they would catch it and stop her but unfortunately they didn't. It's scary thinking that can fly and hit someone, just so stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

What did guest services say about filming in the station? Asking you to delete the video seems above a ride op's level of authority. Wouldn't that be security's responsibility? :huh:

I dont remember exactly what they said since it happen in 2015. They were really confused on why they she would have said that. They said thanks for letting them know and they'll talk to her about it.

Edit: Thanks for mentioning that, @diamonbackandbeastlover. I always make sure I'm not leaning out, and I wasn't in that incident.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

Sunday on The Beast this young girl was in the row in front of me and what does she do when we are going up the hill, that's right she whips out the phone. I was so hoping they would catch it and stop her but unfortunately they didn't. It's scary thinking that can fly and hit someone, just so stupid.

Depending on who it is, I will say something (unless they are big enough to kick my tail)....in fact I did at Coasterstock last year. @Mrs. No Chickens and I made a scene at Adventure Express. I have gotten hit with items on coasters and it's not fun.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Depending on who it is, I will say something (unless they are big enough to kick my tail)....in fact I did at Coasterstock last year. @Mrs. No Chickens and I made a scene at Adventure Express. I have gotten hit with items on coasters and it's not fun.  

Yeah she was with a big group of teens and even though my husband is big I didn't want a fight with him and her boyfriend, it was funny that the boyfriend was terrified and screamed like a baby.

• Like 2

As a fellow guest I generally just inform them of the policy in a friendly non-confrontational, hey just trying to help you out manner. Let them know it is not allowed and that I have seen them confiscate phones from people before and I would hate to see that happen to them.   

• Like 2

I took a group of college students to CP in 2007. One of them was hit in the cheek by a bedazzled cell phone that flew out of someone’s hand on Millennium Force. She had quite a mark on her face, but luckily it faded quickly and she wasn’t hurt otherwise. I have no tolerance for such behavior after that incident.

• Like 4

We were told last Sunday that my wife, who is 6 months pregnant, that she couldn't bring her tiny little bluetooth speaker into the park. They literally made her walk all the way back to her car.  She keeps it in her purse for out 2 year old and forgot to take it out. But we went to Guest Services and complained. I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the policies about it. 

Kind of on the same lines as the camera, except the speaker cant record anything. lol

On edit: Obviously since she is pregnant, she can't ride any rides, so its not like there be an issue with it falling off of her on a ride. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

We were told last Sunday that my wife, who is 6 months pregnant, that she couldn't bring her tiny little bluetooth speaker into the park. They literally made her walk all the way back to her car. 

I don't mean this in a rude way, but was there no one in your party who offered to walk it back for her? 

• Like 1

@Joshua I would have but I darted to the restrooms as soon as I got through security. She usually walks behind me.  And it was just us two. If I was next to her, I would have walked it out for her. I didn't find out until I got out of the restrooms. Looked around and didn't see her. So I called her and that's when she told me. 

Btw, sorry if this is hard to read. Just woke up, so I'm not fully functional yet. :lol:

• Like 1