Timberwolf/ Congo Falls Poll

SonofBaconator

Timberwolf/Congo Falls Poll  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*I added Congo Falls to the thread given its close proximity to the Timberwolf Amphitheater*

Despite being around since 1982, Timberwolf Amphitheater, formerly known as Stadium of the Stars, has seen less and less crowds as seasons progress. Many cherish the memories and would like it to stay while others believe that its a waste of space and should be removed. Should Timberwolf be removed or not? If you voted no in the poll, please explain why. Looking forward to hearing some of your opinions.

My two cents: I voted yes and for a new coaster. I personally wouldn't mind if it bit the dust if something thrilling were to take its place. In my opinion a dive coaster or even a launched coaster could fit in that spot, especially if the park decided to remove Congo Falls from its current location.

• Like 1

I voted Yes and Other as well, for pretty much the same reasons as Chris.  While it could be great place for a coaster, it sits there and does nothing 95+% of the time.

It pretty obvious no musical acts are coming back there, so about anything that can be done would be an improvement.  Maybe make it a starting point for one the Skyride stations

• Like 2

I voted no. It's something the park already owns and can make some money from, with very little investment in maintenance/upkeep. 

Its hardly prime real-estate (yay, right next to the parking lot), and the amount of work ($) that would be involved in removing or working with the concrete slab isn't worth the return. There are easier and better places in the park to add something new. There is plenty of congestion in Action Zone without adding a new ride to the area. 

If anything, I would like it to be used more. Live bands on Friday and Saturday nights in the summer (with or without upcharge) would give the crowds something else to do if they feel the ride lines are too long, and would give reason for water park visitors to stick around after Soak City closes. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I voted no. It's something the park already owns and can make some money from, with very little investment in maintenance/upkeep. 

Its hardly prime real-estate (yay, right next to the parking lot), and the amount of work ($) that would be involved in removing or working with the concrete slab isn't worth the return. There are easier and better places in the park to add something new. There is plenty of congestion in Action Zone without adding a new ride to the area. 

If anything, I would like it to be used more. Live bands on Friday and Saturday nights in the summer (with or without upcharge) would give the crowds something else to do if they feel the ride lines are too long, and would give reason for water park visitors to stick around after Soak City closes. 

I would disagree with this somewhat in that it wouldn't be worth the return to tear it down. Even if it doesn't require much maintenance or upkeep, it's still a valuable asset that ultimately costs them money to insure and whatnot. Now as for what would go in its place, who knows. I think Action Zone could use something but I'm not exactly sure what. It seems so dead-end and there's nothing for my 5 year old to do over there, so there have been many trips that we never even set foot on that part of the park. I do wish they'd do more with it. It's so weird to me that it just sits back there totally idle except for Spirit Song. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KImom said:

I would disagree with this somewhat in that it wouldn't be worth the return to tear it down. Even if it doesn't require much maintenance or upkeep, it's still a valuable asset that ultimately costs them money to insure and whatnot. Now as for what would go in its place, who knows. I think Action Zone could use something but I'm not exactly sure what. It seems so dead-end and there's nothing for my 5 year old to do over there, so there have been many trips that we never even set foot on that part of the park. I do wish they'd do more with it. It's so weird to me that it just sits back there totally idle except for Spirit Song. 

If we wanna talk dead ends, let's look at X-Base.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I voted no,  it gives guests another thing to do while visiting KI.

A very small fraction of guests....how many guests on a given day actually experience Timberwolf? Unless you are there for a special event (Spirit Song/Music in the parks) how is it another thing to do while visiting KI? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

A very small fraction of guests....how many guests on a given day actually experience Timberwolf? Unless you are there for a special event (Spirit Song/Music in the parks) how is it another thing to do while visiting KI? 

Its another thing to do while those events are going on.  Its an appeal to that demographic of their guests that helps bring them to the park,  while they can continue to build up other areas of the park that need it even more then spending money on stuff like Magenta said.  Why would you vote yes if you don't know what you would put there? 

They could move Congo Falls to Rivertown,  and take out Invergito and put in a new coaster over that way, to help equal out the crowds in Action Zone,  its just a thought tho.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Its another thing to do while those events are going on.  Its an appeal to that demographic of their guests that helps bring them to the park,  while they can continue to build up other areas of the park that need it even more then spending money on stuff like Magenta said.  Why would you vote yes if you don't know what you would put there? 

You realize that during the Music In The Parks, it's used for award ceremonies and that's about it. Spirit Song, it's used for concerts but that's it. It is used by guests roughly 10 days out of the operating season.  Please enlighten me on what other things it allows guests to do with it's current usage? How is it another thing to do while visiting KI like your post originally stated? It's not like they open it up to all guests, you either have to be invited in (Music In The Parks) or purchase a separate ticket. 

56 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I voted no,  it gives guests another thing to do while visiting KI.

Why would I vote yes if I didn't know what I would put there? Simple, it's underutilized, it's not the most up to date, it's an eyesore and it's not readily available to the guests of the park. 

• Like 3

Just now, Imperial79 said:

^Yes I knew that, thanks.  I never said it allows guest other things then Spirit Song....  Could they take it out?  Yes,  I don't think they need to right now tho.

I was just trying to get clarification since you said that it gives guests other things to do while visiting KI.

• Like 1

Chris

1.  My dog’s leash is underutilized but I still find it valuable to have around for when I do need it.  So is the 4WD on my Grand Cherokee. 

2. Neither is my 2002 Grand Cherokee but it gets me around well enough.  

3.  In 25 or so visits to KI I can’t recall ever seeing Timberwolf except maybe from the top of a ride and from that distance I sure didn’t notice it looking bad.  

4.  No, it is not readily available to the guest in the park.   Is the corporate picnic area?  I bet it is underutilized as well, but KI likes to have it around to make some profits sometimes. 

If KI bulldozes it what is going to replace that lost revenue stream?

If KI could increase revenue by utilizing more than they do now, why don’t they?  They like to make money.  

• Like 1

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

Chris

1.  My dog’s leash is underutilized but I still find it valuable to have around for when I do need it.  So is the 4WD on my Grand Cherokee. 

2. Neither is my 2002 Grand Cherokee but it gets me around well enough.  

3.  In 25 or so visits to KI I can’t recall ever seeing Timberwolf except maybe from the top of a ride and from that distance I sure didn’t notice it looking bad.  

4.  No, it is not readily available to the guest in the park.   Is the corporate picnic area?  I bet it is underutilized as well, but KI likes to have it around to make some profits sometimes. 

That's fine...that's your opinion of how something underutilized should be handled. I however, always look at all aspects of the park when I'm there. I notice things big and small. My opinion is that it should be removed, as the Crypt building should be as well and even a portion of Action Theater. 

• Like 3