How Far Do You Live From Kings Island (and how do you get there)

McSalsa

How far do you have to go from your house to...  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, faeriewench said:

I used to be fairly close, now I live closer to Knott's Berry Farm.

yes...to those who even remember me, I did finally move. 

We miss you!! I hope you are doing well in CA. Hope to see you post more, especially your wonderful pics!

• Like 2

Island Club. You can literally watch the fireworks and the Eiffel Tower light show from the walkway in front of our apartment.  You'd think it was comfortable walking distance, but there are no sidewalks on Columbia Road, and trying to traverse the thick, wooded buffer between our complex and Western Row Road would prompt "Gimli" from "Lord of the Rings" to ask "What madness drove them in there?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm in Central Indiana (about 20 minutes north of Indianapolis), and my house is just under 150 miles from there. Time-wise, it depends on traffic and construction. The longest it's taken me from my house is about 2 1/2 hours when I first started driving there; the Apple Maps app took me the I-70 E way, which consisted of a ton of backroads. Now, it takes me about 2 hours, as going on the interstate for about 95% of my drive allows me to go a higher speed. Once I get out of town, I'll take I-465 S to I-74 E to I-275 E/S to I-71 to Kings Island Drive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 8:01 PM, McSalsa said:

Well, I was browsing the site, and saw some people talking about this, Sixodieselrage asked for something like it...figured I would make it. Seems like a interesting poll: how far do you live from Kings Island, and how do you usually get to the park from your "home base"?

I live about 130 miles (2 hour car ride) away, in central Indiana, very close to Indianapolis. (For personal privacy and such I won't go too much into detail past that) We go to I-74 using some back roads (or, go to I-465 and then go to I-74) and follow that all the way down to I-275 in Ohio. Then we go to I-71 and take that north, until we reach Kings Island drive. Really not too complicated a trip, easy to remember. Due to this being our route, I am used to approaching KI from the South. I still get excited whenever I see the park come into view from behind that big warehouse building- according to Google Maps it is called Festo Corp or something. :P

Enjoy the poll/discussion.

Pretty close to you. We are on the northeast corner of 465. 465 to 74 east to 275 north to 71 north. Made that drive a few times a year through highschool and college every year. Funny story, last summer my wife and I took the kids over for the first time in their lives. We jump in the car and take off, and as we're pulling into the entrance at the park, my wife has an epiphany and looks over at me and said "did you just drive that from memory?" I just laughed. It's not a tough drive!! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have most of you beat as far as long distance is concerned. Except for that guy that said he lives in California, I don't have him beat. I live in Akron, OH; which is a 3 and a half hour drive from Kings Island. I'm more closer to Cedar Point which is an hour and a half drive. I love Kings Island more, but only get to go 3 trips a year which isn't bad considering the amount of things I have to pay for these days.

28 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I have most of you beat as far as long distance is concerned. Except for that guy that said he lives in California,

Since I was the only one I could tell that posted so far being on the west coast...

I'm a girl. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to blow everyone out of the water on this one, except the California person!

I (primarily) live in Northeast Florida during the school year, so it's about 800 miles? Thankfully I can cut off an hour to KI when I move an hour north for college in August. However, I live relatively close to the park during the summer, and the only thing that prevents me from watching the fireworks would be trees. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in Rushville,In---about 20 miles to Greensburg/I-74 so around 80-90 miles.(I checked on my NYE trip---95 miles parking spot to parking lot)

Later,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I live in a NorthWest Suburb of Indianapolis.  I take 56th street to Lafayette Rd to I-65S through Indianapolis and then get on 465 to 74W to 275. or Instead of 465 I'll take 70E out of Indianapolis to 465 and hit 74 coming from the other way.  Its about the same, just depends which way I feel like going