Haunt 2018

ki95

Interesting, knew about CarnEVIL possibly on the chopping block this year since the KICentral interview was done for July 4th. Really hoping that they can move it somewhere else. I remember there was something said in the interview that they wanted to try to keep it or incorporate it somehow around the park. Time will tell though!

Yea would love to see them keep it in some fashion. maybe could use some of the props and scream actors for a better circus themed scare zone than what they had around it. But if they plussed it and improved it, like with Slaughterhouse, in a new spot I'd be cool with that.

Would not be sadd to see Board to Death leave. It was always one of the weakest to me.

1 hour ago, Winterfestguy said:

Strange to see that Blood Drums and Monsters Rock won’t be playing Haunt opening night Friday Sept 21 - the descriptions on both say opening on Sept 22 which is Saturday night.

That actually is very fascinating. I wonder if it’s a typo. If not, then why?

It was removed when they were building the Coke Freestyle building there. It was assumed at the time it would return when construction completed. I have two suspicions: either it was damaged or it was "appropriated" (stolen), and they didn't feel it was important enough to remake. 

As far as Haunt, I'm pretty sure there will be killer clowns again, but I'm wondering if they'll be in Freak Street or Coney Maul. I also wonder if the actual "freaks" will come back to Freak Street, like the conjoined twins, etc. Last year it was a bit of a wasteland, with none of the figures (except Jack in the Box), and few or no scareactors most of the time. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 8:49 PM, JubJester said:

There's actually a third one called Pumpkin Eater. Which looks very interesting.

20 hours ago, Kifan91 said:

Pumpkin eater was a new maze last year at knots scary farm so I wonder how they will make it a scare zone

I recently looked at a video of this at Knotts from last year...looks kind of cool. Part of it was inside and part outside. Wonder if that'll happen at KI too.

• Like 1