Haunt 2018

ki95

Pumpkin Eater actually sounds pretty creepy...

Also, I wonder if Al (the troll that resided in Coney Mall last year) will be returning?

EDIT: Also, Chaos sounds cool and I'm looking forward to seeing the theming, considering how CF/KI seemed to have stepped it up on theming in recent years (see Mystic, Coney BBQ and even Field of Screams or Banshee).

Agreed, give Al his (old) voice back- who's this Everest imposter anyway? :P

In all seriousness, I have a feeling that for the purposes of the clowns, Al may be moved... I suggest he slumber in Rivertown for the season, but it's not up to me...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@purdude86 Can we please see a return of route 666 with the antique cars?

I kinda wished we'd see more path mazes such as Worksite or the old Cornstalkers. It would be awesome if the path to The Bat was a scare zone or a maze since its already secluded and wouldn't need to immediately be cleaned up since it isn't used for Winterfest.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm curious if this will be Killmart's last year due to the Antique Cars or if they'll coexist right next to each other.

If what I've seen as the proposed area for the 'tiques is correct, I'm fairly certain the former arcade/Kill Mart building is going to be torn down after Haunt this year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/16/2018 at 4:27 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I'm curious if this will be Killmart's last year due to the Antique Cars or if they'll coexist right next to each other.

They can always relocate Killmart (maybe put it in The Enchanted Theater)

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and I had a question. I've never been to the Halloween Haunts before. How scary would you say it is for a 9 year old. He loves rides and coasters but sometimes things of that nature spook him a little. We can always avoid the mazes but are the midways with fog and scare actors very scary?

4 minutes ago, Drose525 said:

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and I had a question. I've never been to the Halloween Haunts before. How scary would you say it is for a 9 year old. He loves rides and coasters but sometimes things of that nature spook him a little. We can always avoid the mazes but are the midways with fog and scare actors very scary?

Welcome to KIC @Drose525! Kings Island recommends 13 for Haunt. I did not take my child until he was 12. Not because he could not handle the haunts or scare actors, but with the crowds and dense fog, I did not want to loose him at the park. Each child is different and recommend you try Haunt yourself first to gauge what you child can handle. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Drose525 said:

Working at Haunt I'd say it's about 50/50 and up to what your child can handle. A lot of kids come through the maze I work in crying from fear and there's also kids that absolutely love it. If you do bring him and he doesn't want to be scared, Kings Island sells a necklace called a "no boo necklace" that will keep the actors that roam the park from scaring him. (The necklaces don't work in mazes!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...