Haunt 2018

ki95

Not sure if this is the correct thread to discuss Haunt, but I just want to say I had a great night tonight! I did almost all the mazes minus Field of Screams because that line is always super long; I even did a few twice. Regarding new things, I really like Chaos; it feels like a combination of Club Blood and Carnevil and really fits well with the theme of X-Base. Second, Madame Fatale's has a special surprise that makes traveling the corridors a bit more harrowing...

Every other person is given a flashlight as it's pretty dark down there. The first time I went through, I didn't know about this until it was too late and unfortunately, I wasn't the one with the flashlight. It reminded me of those levels in Crash Bandicoot where Crash travels with a firefly and once the firefly leaves, Crash can no longer see. So when I ran ahead from my coworker holdling the flashlight, I yelled "Where's my firefly!". The second time was better though as I had the flashlight (and also probably because I'd done it once before).

Third, Blood Drums was indeed new and it felt like a Greatest Hits show, where they played some old stuff, new stuff I hadn't heard before and some stuff from last year. Bryce even let me drum (which felt really weird as they were more "bouncy" than I imagined).

Finally, I got to do a solo run of Slaughter House, which was pretty amazing. The greeter at the front called out "Solo Traveller!" into the maze and I was off. Once I saw Sam, he jumped out and said "You got your wish!"; I asked him how he knew and he said he read it somewhere online lol. I also ran into a ton of friends throughout the night, both scareactor and not. Also, while my focus for night was on the mazes, I did manage to get a few rides in (Zephyr, Flight of Fear and Adventure Express). My next scheduled trip is probably gonna be next Saturday if I can.

• Like 3

I just want to say I had a great night last night! I braved the crowds and ended up doing all the mazes, minus Blackout and Urgent Scare, simply because of long lines (towards the end of the night, Urgent Scare's line was still pretty full). I really enjoyed seeing all my Scareactor friends, but I couldn't quite track down The Overlord. I did see Sam, of course (I went through Slaughter House 3 times).  I also ran into the Undertaker, who seems to have a smaller role year. As for the mazes, they seemed better and scarier than last Friday- Wolf Pack got me a few times, Chaos was pretty dark (but then again, I was the second person to go through that night- I was told that it was dark as "we don't want you seeing things" lol) and I ended up running into 2 people who knew me in Field of Screams. Killmart was also pretty fun and they got me a few times the first time I went through (Fun Fact: one of the greeters for Killmart was formally the "Wizard Lizard"). Though I did not see Blood Drums, I did attend a meet and greet, which was cool. I did see Haunted Homecoming and it was just meh- I thought the song choices were a little unusual, but the makeup was good! The only ride I rode last night was The Bat, due to the aforementioned long lines. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a blast last night at Haunt! I saw Sam 4 times, went through Chaos 3 times (the first of which resulting in me making it out the correct exit alone as everyone else got lost and exited the maze incorrectly) and got lots of pictures with my Haunt friends. I also managed to do Field of Screams (which I usually avoid because of the massive line) as it was only a 15 minute wait. It was pretty cool, but I still enjoy Chaos and Slaughterhouse more. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's also a pop-up T-Mobile stand in Action Zone where you can win a Front of the Line pass; not sure if it's good for a Haunt maze or a ride, though...

• Like 3

Here are my thoughts on haunt this year WARNING possible spoilers. This was also my first time through a couple of the haunted houses and scare zones.

i managed to get through all of the houses and outdoor mazes expept for Backwoods Buyou because it was closed.

1. Slaughterhouse 

This one Is my favorite of any at the park. This house combined sensory and pop scares very well, pretty gory too, this one became very overwhelming to my senses, but over all I liked it a lot. Bonus to see the furnace from phantom theater.

2. Killmart 

This house is the most realistic to me. Lots of actors running around. And it feels like your inside an actual department store when the world has experienced a fallout. Lots of unexpected scares. Btw what in the world is a 50's car doing in the middle of a modern department store. 

3. Blackout 

This house blew me away with some of the effects! I expected it to be way different going in but still liked it coming out. I saw two scare actors and one guy directing us in the right detection. I think a cool thing they could do with this one would be a scareactor getting lit up by strobe lights right as they jump at you. 

4. Field of Screams

Very neat outdoor maze. This maze had lots of scare actors that blended in very well and scared me. This maze had a very long wait. Probably 15 minutes. Still very neat and very cool.

5 Madam Fatals Cavern of Terror 

This maze was very dark this time around. The workers gave us flashlight so we could see where we where going. This did end up making for a very cool experience in the end. It's always neat to walk through the old Tomb Raider building though. 

6 Chaos 

Kings Islands all new new for 2018 haunted house. The best word to describe this house was dillusional. This house had all the newest effects and it even had a spinning tunnel. Half of this maze was a mirror maze though. If they had put more than one actor in this part of the maze it would have been very scary and cool. Overall this maze just messes with your senses, very neat idea.

7 Urgent scare

This particular haunted house was my very first every haunted house. I was barley old enough to know what the heck was going on so I just ended up looking down most of the time. Because of this I barely remeber any thing about it besides on pop scare where a lady popped out from behind a curtain and said "HAVE YOU SEEN THE DOCTOR" and for whatever reason it's engraved in my mind. That being said this house in pretty cool. Some neat props and good actors made this maze very cool. It's defiantly one of the longest houses in the park. I really ended up liking this one.

8 wolf pack 

My best tought for this is "eh". There is no real story that this maze tells. It's just people in a cabin in the woods that gets mauled by crazy wolf like creatures and your just right there in middle of it. The end was pretty cool with the giant wolf head being controlled by a guy that was in costume. Overall this one had the longest wait though, field of screams came in a close second.

SCARE ZONES

I think it's worth mentioning that this was a very rainy and windy night. For all except for one time we walked through one of the scare zones there where no actors, they where probably all in the houses. 

1 Pumkin Eater.

Cool effects and props and some creepy audio. I think the scare zone will be neat when I experience it with scare actors.

2 Coney Maul

The play on words that is it's name was the coolest thing about the scare zone. There where fog bubble that where cool. I'll have to come back on a night with no rain to really experience it.

3 Wasteland

It was closed. I went through this last year and it was nothing special. Even with actors it was boring at best.

4 Dance of the Macabre .

Not a scare zone. More of a picture zone. Last year when I walked around one actor got me by sneaking up behind me and screaming loud in my ear.

Overall this is a very neat experience. The rain drove the crowds away and the lines where short. We got into Blackout in under 5 minutes witch is neat because the line is long most of the time. We waited about 20 min for Wolfpack and about 15 for Feild of screams. Other than that we got into all of the houses in under 10 min. This was defiantly a fun night!

I do apologize for calling out and blaming Don Helbig for something that wasn't his fault. This is my bad 

This is the corrected version. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Itsintheshed109 said:

4 Dance at the mascaber.

Ha Ha. You call this a scare zone! That's a really good joke!:)

Well, "Dance at the mascaber" isn't a scare zone. They do however have one called Dance of the Macabre. It's meant to be more of a photo op for park guests than the typical scare zone.

2 hours ago, Itsintheshed109 said:

3 wasteland

It was flipping closed. Cmon Don, get your crap together. I went through this last year and it was nothing special. Even with actors it was boring at best.

Don is in the Communications/Digital Marketing department. If you can't gather from the name, he doesn't make the mazes or decides if they're closed or not.

Speaking of "waste", this post was an absolute waste of my time. Do some research and some spell check next time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JubJester said:

Well, "Dance at the mascaber" isn't a scare zone. They do however have one called Dance of the Macabre. It's meant to be more of a photo op for park guests than the typical scare zone.

Don is in the Communications/Digital Marketing department. If you can't gather from the name, he doesn't make the mazes or decides if they're closed or not.

Speaking of "waste", this post was an absolute waste of my time. Do some research and some spell check next time. 

Dude did you run out of coffee today?   I can’t recall ever seeing you so cranky. :lol:

Be nice to the noobs, even if they deserve it.  :P  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Dude did you run out of coffee today?   I can’t recall ever seeing you so cranky. 

Be nice to the noobs, even if they deserve it.  

Haha! I'm not to big of a coffee drinker, but maybe I should try it :lol:! I'll blame my crankiness on it being an early Monday.

The huge lack of spelling and common sense (it's raining, of course theyre weren't scareactors) was frustrating.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Itsintheshed109 said:

1. Slaughterhouse This one Is my favorite of any at the park. This house combined sensory and pop scares very well, pretty gory too, this one became very overwhelming to my senses, but over all I liked it a lot. Bonus to see the furnace from phantom theater.

Thank u! Mama n tha bois lyk 2 c grate revoos lyk this 1! -Sam

17 hours ago, Itsintheshed109 said:

SCARE ZONES

i think it's worth mentioning that this was a very rainy and windy night. For all except for one time we walked through one of the scare zones there where no actors, they where probably all in the houses. 

1 Pumkin eater.

cool effects and props and some creepy audio. But without any actors this was boring.

2 Coney maul

The play on words that is it's name was the coolest thing about the scare zone. There where fog bubble that where cool. But yet again with no scare actors roaming aroud this was just plain boring 

3 wasteland

It was flipping closed. Cmon Don, get your crap together. I went through this last year and it was nothing special. Even with actors it was boring at best.

When it rains, the outdoor scare zones close and the scareactors are put inside the indoor houses.  To review these as you did is not fair because you didn't get the full experience... all you saw were the props.

And Don does not run the park, nor does he oversee the haunt attractions, as JubJester pointed out above.  To call him out for a closed outdoor attraction on a rainy night is not an accurate or polite thing to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Earlier I made a post that wasn't very good and stated some incorrect things. I have recognized mistakes that I have made and corrected the post. I want to say thanks to you all that posted something that pointed out something wrong I did. I am sorry, those of you in which I offended. I am here to discuss the passion that we all have for this wonderful place. I am open to any questions you all would like answered. 

Thanks 

• Like 3

Despite the crazy weather, I still enjoyed the 1-2 hours I spent at Haunt (I'd been at the park since around 11:30ish and had a fantastic time- the Firehawk tour was pretty much the highlight of my day, plus The Beast ran great!). As this was my last Haunt night, I got some more pics with my Haunt friends (specifically the Overlord and the greeter for Chaos) and finished up the Haunt season with Chaos, Wolf Pack (hi @exscream team!) and said my last goodbye to Sam in Slaughter House. After seeing Sam, one of his relatives got me real good right before

the inflatable part

, so kudos to him as I'm not the easiest scare in that maze. I wish the rest of the scareactors a great rest of the season; break a leg next weekend everyone!

As for my personal stats, my top 3 most visited mazes were Slaughter House (13 times), Chaos (10 times), and Killmart (7 times).

EDIT: I forgot to mention: one benefit of doing Wolf Pack while it's light out is getting to take in some amazing views of Banshee, Bat and the former Lion Country Safari Land while waiting in line.

• Like 2

Hey all,

Although you may recognize some of the songs played this year's Blood Drums set from last year (such as "Savage", "Fire", and "We are Machines"), here are some Street Drum Corps songs that are part of this year's show that you may not be as familiar with...

Wrecks:

played briefly at the very beginning of the show

Flaco 81:

Played during the fire guy's first part where he eats the fire from the stick

Images of Justice:

One of my favorite songs from this year's show (along with "Savage", "Destroy Them with Drums" and "Fire", of course), this is played when the fire guy swings around the two fireballs on chains

Blood Drums plays Friday and Saturday Nights during Haunt (8:30, 9:30, 11 and Midnight) as well as Sundays (4:00, 5:30 and 6:30) and Meet and Greets happen after every show except the last one of the evening. Enjoy the tunes and make sure to see them this weekend before the show leaves for the season! B)