Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think they're just testing the site. I'm not seeing any changes from last year, and the menus at the top contain all of the same things found there on the main website, including things that make no sense on the Haunt website like Education Days. It looks like just a CSS skin plus three extra pages (home page linked above plus the attractions page and the calendar). Definitely a test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

I think they're just testing the site. I'm not seeing any changes from last year, and the menus at the top contain all of the same things found there on the main website, including things that make no sense on the Haunt website like Education Days. It looks like just a CSS skin plus three extra pages (home page linked above plus the attractions page and the calendar). Definitely a test.

Exactly....given this quote on the attractions page: 
 

Quote

Explore 2017's realm of darkness and get a taste of the many haunted attractions that could await you when Halloween Haunt returns September 21, 2018

I wouldn't count any of the attractions listed as for sure going to happen, while we know that the rides likely won't change, but the specific haunt attractions could definitely change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still don't know why the train was nixed from the haunt roster. Even with the wwc que shortened, the park could still run a "haunted train ride" and have the train pass scenes with actors and such.

I don't have any inside information on this, but I think it stems from the problem of trying to keep guests from hopping off the train in the dark and heading off into the woods. It is a problem sometimes during the the day, imagine how hard it would be to prevent and then find anyone who did it at night? With the differences in how Haunt crowds behave, it is possible it could end up taking several guards' and officers' time each night rounding up and ousting a few trouble makers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

I think they're just testing the site. I'm not seeing any changes from last year, and the menus at the top contain all of the same things found there on the main website, including things that make no sense on the Haunt website like Education Days. It looks like just a CSS skin plus three extra pages (home page linked above plus the attractions page and the calendar). Definitely a test.

Hot Blooded has been removed from the shows page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It used to be that the boiler for the steam engine on the train was only permitted by the state inspector to only operate for X number of hours per year.   Instead of using the remainder of the permitted boiler hours for Haunt, the remaining boiler hours went towards operating for Winterfest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Winterfestguy said:

It used to be that the boiler for the steam engine on the train was only permitted by the state inspector to only operate for X number of hours per year.   Instead of using the remainder of the permitted boiler hours for Haunt, the remaining boiler hours went towards operating for Winterfest.

Is that hours per train or total hours? If its per train then one could operate for Haunt and the other for Winterfest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kayla_Uzlik said:

They just revamped Hot Blooded last Haunt, so i doubt that they'll get rid of it. We'll just have to wait and see! I personally love Hot Blooded so I would be happy if it comes back :) 

They could always use the set for another show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 12:10 PM, Cmhornblessed said:

Looks like Carnevil is still located in the same place!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 

From my understanding, Planet Snoopy will be totally closed off this year during Haunt. It's supposedly so they can get that area ready for Winterfest while Haunt is still going on. 

 

Also, I think this year will be a very interesting year for Haunt. With last year being the first year of Haunt followed almost immediately by Winterfest, I think we will see a little more of a different layout with Haunt. For example, I think we won't see the train operate during Haunt in addition to Planet Snoopy being closed off. I think they will use that time to better prepare certain attractions/ares for Winterfest.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nhimes90 said:

From my understanding, Planet Snoopy will be totally closed off this year during Haunt. It's supposedly so they can get that area ready for Winterfest while Haunt is still going on. 

 

Also, I think this year will be a very interesting year for Haunt. With last year being the first year of Haunt followed almost immediately by Winterfest, I think we will see a little more of a different layout with Haunt. For example, I think we won't see the train operate during Haunt in addition to Planet Snoopy being closed off. I think they will use that time to better prepare certain attractions/ares for Winterfest.

Thoughts?

I would have to agree with that to an extent. I think PS will be closed to Haunt this year for maybe a few reasons:

1) PS will be expanding in 2019 & they need to begin work on the area.

2) SC will be getting some work done for 2019 & they need to move The Great Pumpkin Fest over to PS & making it 100% dedicated to just that.

3) It may be just dues to WF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I’d be surprised if it was closed completely. I could potentially see them not having a scare zone there though so less decorations to have to worry about removing to prep for Winterfest  and just am having the basic Peanuts decor for the family stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I think about it, they could make PS a HolidayHorror scare zone and maybe revive/revamp the maze from a few years ago.

 

Fun Fact: Holiday Horror was the first maze I ever went through at Haunt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 4:44 AM, nhimes90 said:

From my understanding, Planet Snoopy will be totally closed off this year during Haunt. It's supposedly so they can get that area ready for Winterfest while Haunt is still going on. 

 

What is your source on this? 

And PS has always been off limits during Haunt. It has been open during the day for families to enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

And PS has always been off limits during Haunt.

Not entirely. For a year or two, they had a maze (Holiday Horror) in the Peanuts Playhouse, with Freak Street on the pathway back to that maze. The latter was moved out to the main midway once they stopped using the Peanuts Playhouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 4:41 PM, jcgoble3 said:

Yeah, that won't be popular with the families coming for The Great Pumpkin Fest on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

On 5/19/2018 at 1:42 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Closing Planet Snoopy?  So just shutting out families with little tikes?  

Let me clarify. I meant closed during the Haunt portion of the evening. So, still open up until haunt starts, but then closing off that area and not having any Haunt related events in PS.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhimes90 said:

Let me clarify. I meant closed during the Haunt portion of the evening. So, still open up until haunt starts, but then closing off that area and not having any Haunt related events in PS.

Oh. That wouldn't be anything new. Except for the year or two they had Holiday Horror back in the Peanuts Playhouse (which has been a while), Planet Snoopy has always been closed off during Haunt evenings. I'd be more surprised to see them NOT close off Planet Snoopy during Haunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×