Markers at Cedar Point

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean has coaster wars really died? It just seems like inter CF coaster wars now though. No other parks outside of CF are building like crazy. I could see CF try to recapture tallest and fastest again.......

Tallest and fastest kids Coaster would be rather interesting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Success? Hmmm weird I thought they are down to 1 train operation? I would have to say B&M or even bring back Intamin ( who has the capability to go over 400). All the Intamin haters just stop lol No arguments!!

That was a bizarre incident. When I was at CP this weekend, there was nothing but praise for the new RMC.

• Like 2

Or maybe Intamin has been up to something we don't know about ( just like TTD). Maybe that's why they have been quite in the states recently. Intamin did visit the park a couple seasons ago for an anniversary. Whose to say they didn't hash something out. What could the next "name for a coaster" be.  Taller then Strata?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Or maybe Intamin has been up to something we don't know about ( just like TTD). Maybe that's why they have been quite in the states recently. Intamin did visit the park a couple seasons ago for an anniversary. Whose to say they didn't hash something out. What could the next "name for a coaster" be.  Taller then Strata?

That was more of a thank you gift for being a longtime customer.

• Like 1

GCI I am guessing. I personally am against that. I think CP is not a good place for woodies. But  they do lack a good sized wooden coaster. I would they would do something worthy of a 150th anniversary and GCI doesn't do that for me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

GCI I am guessing. I personally am against that. I think CP is not a good place for woodies. But  they do lack a good sized wooden coaster. I would they would do something worthy of a 150th anniversary and GCI doesn't do that for me.

Some GCIs are absolutely amazing. White Lightning at Fun Spot has the most insane moments of airtime I’ve seen on any coaster.

• Like 2

That is possible. I doubt it. I think there will be a ride going away after next season and we will see a huge steel coaster. Something never before seen imo. haha

I happen to think Gemini's days are numbered. I know people love it. I think if they do add something. It will takes it place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

That is possible. I doubt it. I think there will be a ride going away after next season and we will see a huge steel coaster. Something never before seen imo. haha

I happen to think Gemini's days are numbered. I know people love it. I think if they do add something. It will takes it place.

Cedar Point doesnt really need to remove any coaster to add another one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Hope you're not trying to make friends with @homestar92:)

I don't see Gemini leaving any time in the foreseeable future. It's a classic that help put Cedar Point on the map, and it's still a great stepping stone between small coasters and big coasters. It's also a capacity machine, important at a park that packs crowds like Cedar Point can.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I know they don't have too. It was just my opinion. I mean every coaster has a lifespan so really all of them have numbers days remaining. Haha I don't really think they will remove one. IF they did I think it would be Gemini.

The markings are near that coaster......idk we are just speculating. I want to be friends with all!! haha Sorry @homestar92

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malem said:

Hope you're not trying to make friends with @homestar92:)

I don't see Gemini leaving any time in the foreseeable future. It's a classic that help put Cedar Point on the map, and it's still a great stepping stone between small coasters and big coasters. It's also a capacity machine, important at a park that packs crowds like Cedar Point can.

Not to mention its a classic styled racing/dueling coaster in which guests can really interact with each other, which arent really made that much anymore. 

• Like 2

How much of TTD’s cost was the launch system vs. the track?  

If one were forced to pick a coaster to remove Corkscrew and CCMR are the only two candidates I envision and even then there are strong arguements to be made for each of them.   Corkscrew takes up very little space and is iconic.   CCMR while in my opinion is rather boring it is still a decent gap coaster despite the somewhat dubious 48” restriction.  I don’t see Gemini going anywhere for a long time.  

• Like 3