Markers at Cedar Point

On 12/11/2018 at 7:19 PM, gforce1994 said:

So I guess those markers did mean something is being placed where Witches Wheel was. I’m thinking it’ll be a restaraunt.

Its right by the resort enterance so it could be anything. Out of all the entetances in that park, the resort enterance didn't feel like it fit the CP standard. Its just my opinion but it didn't seem as welcoming as the other two and I would welcome an update.

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Or it could still be in the works, and they’re only refining it more.

It is probably still in the works, but I see it happening later than originally planned due to financial setbacks related to COVID-19. The 2021 season will likely determine the course of Cedar Fair’s future, so next year really needs to go well. If next year shows signs of significant recovery, a lot of delayed projects will likely be resumed. I still hope that Kings Island will be able to do a lot of things for our 50th anniversary in 2022.

13 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It is probably still in the works, but I see it happening later than originally planned due to financial setbacks related to COVID-19. The 2021 season will likely determine the course of Cedar Fair’s future, so next year really needs to go well. If next year shows signs of significant recovery, a lot of delayed projects will likely be resumed. I still hope that Kings Island will be able to do a lot of things for our 50th anniversary in 2022.

There’s definitely something going on at CP and KI, imo. Considering the ability of the parks to sell platinum passes, the addition of two signature rides at KI and CP in the same year would do wonders.

It’s interesting to note, since The Vortex removal, the crews are still grading the land and excavating-even when all the footers have been removed.

29 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

There’s definitely something going on at CP and KI, imo. Considering the ability of the parks to sell platinum passes, the addition of two signature rides at KI and CP in the same year would do wonders.

It’s interesting to note, since The Vortex removal, the crews are still grading the land and excavating-even when all the footers have been removed.

I do like that there is at least some activity on the Vortex plot of land, but I still think it will be awhile before anything is constructed there. It is obvious the park is planning for that plot to sit vacant longer than when they tore down Firehawk and Son of Beast. Not only did the park stain the wooden fence the put up, but they also planted some trees and tried to “hide” the fact that there used to be a ride there. The park probably knows that a replacement is further down the line, so they want to make that area of the park look as good as it possibly can for the time being (it actually doesn’t look too bad). Anyways, here is a tweet from Don Helbig saying that a replacement would be awhile, and keep in mind, this was before the pandemic.

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I do like that there is at least some activity on the Vortex plot of land, but I still think it will be awhile before anything is constructed there. It is obvious the park is planning for that plot to sit vacant longer than when they tore down Firehawk and Son of Beast. Not only did the park stain the wooden fence the put up, but they also planted some trees and tried to “hide” the fact that there used to be a ride there. The park probably knows that a replacement is further down the line, so they want to make that area of the park look as good as it possibly can for the time being (it actually doesn’t look too bad). Anyways, here is a tweet from Don Helbig saying that a replacement would be awhile, and keep in mind, this was before the pandemic.

These projects tend to take awhile. However, the interesting thing is, they’re still digging and grading the site. It isn’t being dealt in the same manner KD dealt with Volcano Site or DP with Stinger.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

However, the interesting thing is, they’re still digging and grading the site. It isn’t being dealt in the same manner KD dealt with Volcano Site or DP with Stinger.

Unlike Vortex, Volcano and Stinger sat on relatively flat land. I'm not an expert on construction or demolition but I think the digging and grading might have more to do with removing footers and whatever remnants of Vortex were left over. They could be prepping for a future addition but I don't see the need if its going to take a while, unless of course the company they hired is under some type of contract to tend to that land. That or maybe grading and digging is just part of the destruction process?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Unlike Vortex, Volcano and Stinger sat on relatively flat land. I'm not an expert on construction or demolition but I think the digging and grading might have more to do with removing footers and whatever remnants of Vortex were left over. They could be prepping for a future addition but I don't see the need if its going to take a while, unless of course the company they hired is under some type of contract to tend to that land. That or maybe grading and digging is just part of the destruction process?

The footers on the site have already been removed. They’re currently excavating in the middle of the site. 

11 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

The footers on the site have already been removed. They’re currently excavating in the middle of the site. 

It appears a storm drain line was damaged in the demolition. They have just excavated the area around it to repair it. Nothing more than that. Notice how several new catch basins have been installed around the site. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DeltaFlyer said:

It appears a storm drain line was damaged in the demolition. They have just excavated the area around it to repair it. Nothing more than that. Notice how several new catch basins have been installed around the site. 

Those catch basins were there last year.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:35 AM, gforce1994 said:

These projects tend to take awhile. However, the interesting thing is, they’re still digging and grading the site. It isn’t being dealt in the same manner KD dealt with Volcano Site or DP with Stinger.

Um well this is King's island not those other places.  We looked them up and they did that before a global pandamic took over the world and rooned everything for every body but King's island is open and I'm so thankful and I love Daimonbdack and oroin!

Talking about changes at the Point.  I can confirm that they are actually building new "deluxe" rv spaces in the space previously occupied by Sandcastle Suites.  They have it fenced of as they are not quite done yet, but expect them for next season to be available.

(Pics taken by myself).

20200731_072219.jpg
20200730_201334.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I wondered what they planed to do with the old Sandcastle Suite site.  Thanks for sharing.

The old SCS parking lot was converted to deluxe rv sites that debuted in 2018 and it was a huge success. When I worked for LHP, they were still talking about what exactly they wanted to do with that land. I think ultimately it was going to be used to create more sites but I'm sure they wanted to keep their options open at the time. An idea that was brough up was the possibly of water activities like what they had at Breakers but to my knowledge that was merely brainstorming. Fun fact: that space was used for their firework shows (not 4th of July) so it sounded like bombs going off if you stayed at the campground. You had a killer view though!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...