Markers at Cedar Point

16 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

How much of TTD’s cost was the launch system vs. the track?  

If one were forced to pick a coaster to remove Corkscrew and CCMR are the only two candidates I envision and even then there are strong arguements to be made for each of them.   Corkscrew takes up very little space and is iconic.   CCMR while in my opinion is rather boring it is still a decent gap coaster despite the somewhat dubious 48” restriction.  I don’t see Gemini going anywhere for a long time.  

Compare it to Xcelerator.

16 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

How much of TTD’s cost was the launch system vs. the track?  

If one were forced to pick a coaster to remove Corkscrew and CCMR are the only two candidates I envision and even then there are strong arguements to be made for each of them.   Corkscrew takes up very little space and is iconic.   CCMR while in my opinion is rather boring it is still a decent gap coaster despite the somewhat dubious 48” restriction.  I don’t see Gemini going anywhere for a long time.  

I agree to the max here. CCMR is a snooze fest. I would agree to leave Gemini in its place and used that land from CCMR if a coaster is to ever be removed. As for TTD I would agree that the launch had a huge price tag. If they went with a lift like Mill Force it would cut down on that and they could do a 400+ coaster that is not a spike. I'd estimate the coast around the 27-33 Mill area.

On the topic of coaster removal, I'd say Mine Ride as it takes up a lot of land. Also, Corkscrew is iconic as it his those corkscrews over the midway; even if it's painful to ride, it is cool to watch.

Also, the only things I can think of CP not having are a Flying Coaster, a modern Wooden Coaster, or a Wild Mouse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, gforce1994 said:

Well with what is seen in this video, it seems the site by Witches Wheel is project 2019. Thoughts?

A few flags are not getting me excited for a 2019 project. I do not see the flags by Witches Wheel a project for 2019. It could be maintenance for 2018, maybe a haunt prop? 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, Maverick44 said:

I agree to the max here. CCMR is a snooze fest. I would agree to leave Gemini in its place and used that land from CCMR if a coaster is to ever be removed. As for TTD I would agree that the launch had a huge price tag. If they went with a lift like Mill Force it would cut down on that and they could do a 400+ coaster that is not a spike. I'd estimate the coast around the 27-33 Mill area.

That estimate is nowhere near what the actual figure would be. Otherwise, they would have opted for a longer length of coaster. The mitigating factor was price in the coaster and to build a lift hill of 400 ft was not cost effective, so they opted for a launched coaster instead.

2 hours ago, KIBeast said:

That estimate is nowhere near what the actual figure would be. Otherwise, they would have opted for a longer length of coaster. The mitigating factor was price in the coaster and to build a lift hill of 400 ft was not cost effective, so they opted for a launched coaster instead.

I don't even remember saying any of this haha. Crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1