Extras needed for Photo Shoot

DonHelbig

On May 22, Kings Island will have a photo shoot at the park, and there is a need for riders from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Diamondback, The Beast and Racer.

Here are some of the rules:

- All riders must meet the height requirements.

- Riders must wear plan clothing (no logos or patterns -- must be bright and shiny).

- This is not exclusive ride time. The number of rides on each attraction will depend on the shots the photo crew needs to capture. 

- You might sit and wait. And wait some more. 

- You will be assigned your seat by the production crew. 

- Hands must be kept down and inside the cars at all times.

- Photos, video and social media sharing is not permitted during your time with us during the shoot.

Interested? Please email your first and last name, age, city, state and KIC user name to socialmedia@visitkingsisland.com. Due to high demand, you will ONLY be contacted if you are chosen to participate.

You must respond no later than Thursday, May 17 by 6:00 p.m. Please use Extras for KI Photo Shoot in the email subject line.

Thank you!

Don Helbig

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I did this once many moons ago.  It is a fun experience, but as Don stated do not expect it to be ERT.  I think when I did it for Vortex (I got maybe three or four rides in during the two hours I was there).  But this was mid-early 2000s.

• Like 3

I REALLY want to do this...but it's a Tuesday so I have school and then I work after. My May class starts at 11 but I know my dad probably doesn't want me driving 45 minutes one way to and from Kings Island twice in one day. :)

I know opportunities like this will likely come around again, so I'm not too bummed. Have fun, everyone who goes!

• Like 2

^I'm not sure if they can tell :) 

I applied. I've done it before, but on a day when the park wasn't open to the GP so it would be interesting to see how it's handled on a day I could be in the park anyway, if I'm selected. 

It can be a little boring as they set up the cameras but the actual,  hired, models gossiping about their personal lives may be entertaining. It's fun to see yourself in advertising too, obvs. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 1:26 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Reminds me of when Kings Island made me famous for a few years.

44151B4B-0C6F-493C-9CC2-580FD7CD8C95.jpeg

That was you??? I didn't know that- that's so cool! What ride was that again?

EDIT: Also, I really appreciate Don reaching out to us about this opportunity.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, malem said:

^ Upon arrival, you'll need to follow the exact instructions in your e-mail from the park.

The employee entrance and security checkpoint is accessed from Western Row Rd; it's across from the Sunoco station.

Thanks that's what I needed, I know where Sunoco is. I have the email but was just unsure of where to enter that parking lot at.

As far as I know, you don't actually need a pass to participate in one of the photo shoots. You enter the park through the employee areas and the email specifies you may stay and enjoy the rest of the day in the park after the shoot is over which would be a strange thing to tell specifically to passholders (because of course we can :))

• Like 1

I really hope it will be rescheduled, my husband and I were really looking forward to it. I think we are going to take our chances anyway and go to the park, it should be pretty dead with it being a weekday and bad weather reports.