5-14/5-15 trips, ranking the coasters.

Quirkster

Two days with low crowds gave me several opportunities to ride the coasters multiple times, I rode all at least twice. I feel in a ranking mood so I'll rank the 12 (of course this is all my opinion, sorry if I'm not a fan of a coaster you love). I'll be comparing to some rides at times I rode the other Cedar Fair parks I've been to (my main Cedar Point and Carowinds). I have the rides separated into 5 Tiers, Tier 5 the worst and Tier 1 the best.

Bottom two are quite clear to me as Tier 5

12. Invertigo - Uncomfortable seat, rough ride, really wasn't all too eager to give it a 2nd go. I rode one other boomerang, one at Carowinds, somehow I enjoyed that one more.

11. The Bat - Underwhelming, really feels too short. I certainly enjoy Iron Dragon more at Cedar Point, longer ride.

There next three are tough to rank between but all are Tier 4

10.  Adventure Express - I do like the theming of the ride, especially the last lift hill. Ride itself is nothing special.

9. Firehawk - Vekoma is just a weak maker. Pretty much the same to Nighthawk. I'm sure the other flying coaster Batwing I would think the same thing.

8. Vortex - A ride I'm sure that has shown some degradation over the years, I would have love to ridden this 30 years ago freshly made. It has a good design and maybe if I rode it more, I would get more used to the roughness (something I typically do as the year passes and I ride the ride more and more). But alas was not one of my more enjoyed rides during the 2 days there.

Following two are Tier 3

7. The Racer - Pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying this one, a fun woodie to ride.

6. Backlot Stunt Coaster - I know it's shared between other Cedar Fair Parks, I enjoy the theming, generally smooth ride, wish I could feel the flame on a cooler day.

Next two are Tier 2

5. Flight of Fear - I like to hold up my hands a lot of rides, this one I most certainly hold on to the handlebar to avoid jostling around. And most certainly one of the most weird seat designs I have seen. But besides that, maybe because it's great to ride a dark ride again, love that aspect, I enjoy the instant start, and it is pretty fun to ride overall once I really got used to it.

4. Banshee - I really liked my first ride on this, subsequent ones, it just couldn't really quite hold up to the top 3. That said I enjoy a lot of the intensity the ride provides, the inline loop close to the end, I always love them especially on B&M rides.

And to round the cream of the crop, the Tier 1 rides.

3. Mystic Timbers - Soooo wonderful to ride a new wooden coaster and just a great wooden ride overall too, certainly an aspect Cedar Point just fails in. The shed is a very clever way to distract the riders from stacking as the next train gets loaded in the station. The theming is absolutely wonderful here, best in the park.

2. The Beast - A must ride wooden coaster for any enthusiast. It is sorta too rough for me in the back but the front, the ride is truly something special. Going through all the trees, what an atmosphere. And the last part with the double helix, that intensity is just utterly insane.

1. Diamondback - Part of me feels this is such a boring #1 for me to pick, but it is such an amazing coaster experience that I thoroughly enjoy every time I ride it, again and again. The airtime is so robust and beautiful. I discovered on the 2nd day sitting in seats 3-6 the airtime has it's sweet uniqueness with the first 2 airtime hills, I feel out of my seat for a good 5 seconds with them. The back it's more intense and quicker at the beginning but I feel it throughout the whole ride. It's a fantastic ride no matter where I sit.

I know Kings Island is big with wooden coaters and it's great to experience really fun wooden rides. Cedar Point lacks a good dark ride and could use a new wooden coaster, but I could say Kings Island could use a giga coaster. I've looked at some posts about Vortex here before. I would say this, when it comes time to go with something new, I would personally love to see a giga coaster take it's place (if it could be feasible there).

• Like 4