Jump to content
ki95

Gravity - Kings Island Theater 2018

Recommended Posts

I saw all 4 shows today and enjoyed it. I wasn't impressed with the first show (as I guess I was expecting certain things) but I was hooked by the end of the second. There is a really talented cast this year and there is at least one act that hasn't been seen before. Overall, it was a good show, but different from Origins.

EDIT: Also, those in the know may spot a familliar face...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We saw it last night during the preview. It was great! The acrobatics were varied and the green laser light scene was fantastic.

The set lighting was great and the show was paced well.

I agree that it send to bea little better than last year but who am I to really say.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Liz, I was just looking for that first one!

Also, I saw the 3 PM and 7 PM shows today and I still love it.

Jet (the guy with spikes that does ninja flips/light show) and Abresh (Rolla Bolla) are my favorites this year. The bikers are really cool too; I liked how they brought back a past act (Trevor) and "plussed" it (with 2 bikers) and also made it unique and different

. It took me more than one viewing, but I like the show this year and I feel like its settling into its rhythm a bit for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnificent! I saw the 5:00 show on Saturday. One of the bicycle acrobats wiped out, got right back up and completed the show! It was the first ever Cirque for one of my girl's friends, and she was "blown away." I don't care too much for some of the bathroom humor in the warm up audio, but I guess it's harmless enough :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw it last weekend and I thought it was incredible! Is this show run by All Wheels Sports? Parts of it with the bicycles reminded me of AWE at Cedar Point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be honest.  I was pretty disappointed.  The stunts were nowhere near the talent levels of the two previous shows and the show focused too much on humor.  The show just didn't catch the imagination as the previous shows.  I've seen it twice, but just can't get into it.  

Honestly I'd love if Cirque Imagine came back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I'm late to the party.  Lots of things going on in my world these days. Good things!

I only saw Origins one time last year in the beginning of the season.  I enjoyed it, just happened to be in the park for a lot of evenings after the shows were done for the day.  I saw Gravity Friday night with @Magenta Lizard and adored it.  I also caught a Sunday afternoon

I love Gravity!  I love the humor content.  It's such a feel good show.  Especially since there are few words and so much it is physical comedy. I love the characters, the set is beautiful and the costumes are inventive. I'll be seeing it as much as I can! :)

Full disclosure: The main astronaut is very, very handsome. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We took in the 7PM shows both Friday 6/1, and Sunday 6/3.

 

We loved it both times. My 3 and 5 year-old girls were mesmerized. Enjoyed the laser stuff. And the bike stunts were probably my favorite. Lead astronaut is superb. That balance act is top-notch, again.

 

Two thumbs up!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got to see this the other day. There’s a lot of good stuff- most notably the bikers and the laser scene. I would put you it in 3rd of the 3 cirque shows that we have had, although the bar is pretty high with all 3.

My only real “gripe” is that there is no climactic ending to this show. The dance/tumbling routine at the end would have been a really solid way to start the show, not end it. 

Still a fun show. I like the theme. Plus this seems like the type of show that gets better with time, as the performers start to have more fun with the content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, MDMC01 said:

I saw all 4 shows today and enjoyed it. I wasn't impressed with the first show (as I guess I was expecting certain things) but I was hooked by the end of the second. There is a really talented cast this year and there is at least one act that hasn't been seen before. Overall, it was a good show, but different from Origins.

EDIT: Also, those in the know may spot a familliar face...

I was going to post I am surprised nobody recognized a familiar face and was going to wait for the show to run a week or so before mentioning it, but in re-reading this thread I see you did notice it! 

For those that haven't, hurry before he disappears soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I swear, it's a tradition around here for one of the acts to only last about two weeks after opening... Has that ever *not* been true?

Well year one cirque imagine cast changes were solely due to injury.  Year two cirque imagine we had everyone beginning to end (some did miss a few shows to injury but no replacements).  Origins is a different story, especially year one where almost everyone changed, well it seemed like it lol.  Year two origins didn't change as much as year one, but certainly had its fair share of change outs not due to injury, as well as an injury change out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

My only real “gripe” is that there is no climactic ending to this show. The dance/tumbling routine at the end would have been a really solid way to start the show, not end it. 

 

I can agree with this....I like the show a lot..but feel like there needs to be a solid ending...currently it just seems as if they are doing their flips and oh yeah, show's over....bye now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Anyone know where the balancing act went. It was missing Monday and tonight also?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 

Nowhere...yet....he performed at the 3pm show...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Interesting. We saw it at 5 on Monday and 7 tonight. Does he only do the 3pm show?

 


Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 

 

I want that guy’s job! 

Except for the whole balancing thing... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Yeah, what is a rollercoaster but entertainment and KI has many high quality entertaining coasters.   Now if it had started with high quality food service on the other hand....

Not to mention that this is the 5th year of cirque shows, so why was the reporter not informed of this? Was anyone really surprised by this?

I get that Forever Country isn’t exactly Fantasmic, but what about the national attention from Robbie Knievel, Nik and Rick Wallenda, and so many more entertainment-specific things that have been directly associated with Kings Island that garnered national attention. 

I’m sure they appreciate the nice words, but this article is tantamount to someone saying, “Can you believe my idiot son won the spelling bee?” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this show when I was at the park yesterday. Wow, it was awesome. I loved the stunts, I thought the Jokes were funny (a bit immature but still funny), but my favorite part of the show was probably the laser scene. I thought that looked incredible and it was epic.

10/10 would watch again. B)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Not to mention that this is the 5th year of cirque shows, so why was the reporter not informed of this? Was anyone really surprised by this?

I get that Forever Country isn’t exactly Fantasmic, but what about the national attention from Robbie Knievel, Nik and Rick Wallenda, and so many more entertainment-specific things that have been directly associated with Kings Island that garnered national attention. 

I’m sure they appreciate the nice words, but this article is tantamount to someone saying, “Can you believe my idiot son won the spelling bee?” 

Exactly!!!  What he says Gravity lacks, such as the lack of as daring acts as Cirque du Soleil, where present in Imagine and Origins, and much more so than what we have in Gravity.  In fact, many of the performers from previous shows are performing their exact routine (or some variation) right now in Cirque du Soleil shows around the world.  In fact, half of the Cirque du Soleil shows currently playing in Vegas have performers from our previous Imagine and Origins seasons...

However, he is correct in that these shows are a mini version of a Cirque du Soleil show and KI patrons should recognize the talent and abilities of these true professionals, some of which sign short term Cirque du Soleil contracts so that they can do a regional show like this in the summer.  We get to see roughly 25 minutes of a Cirque du Soleil show for the price of KI admission (or entry with a season pass).  It is a great deal.  They bring to KI a type of show that many patrons will not be able to afford to see as a Cirque du Soleil show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Exactly!!!  What he says Gravity lacks, such as the lack of as daring acts as Cirque du Soleil, where present in Imagine and Origins, and much more so than what we have in Gravity.  In fact, many of the performers from previous shows are performing their exact routine (or some variation) right now in Cirque du Soleil shows around the world.  In fact, half of the Cirque du Soleil shows currently playing in Vegas have performers from our previous Imagine and Origins seasons...

However, he is correct in that these shows are a mini version of a Cirque du Soleil show and KI patrons should recognize the talent and abilities of these true professionals, some of which sign short term Cirque du Soleil contracts so that they can do a regional show like this in the summer.  We get to see roughly 25 minutes of a Cirque du Soleil show for the price of KI admission (or entry with a season pass).  It is a great deal.  They bring to KI a type of show that many patrons will not be able to afford to see as a Cirque du Soleil show.

Well said.

A few years ago, I convinced my mom to buy a ~$40 ticket to come to the park with me, even though she can't or won't ride a lot of stuff. Once there, I took her to see the 3:00 (first) show of Cirque Imagine that day. She was absolutely blown away by it and declared that it was worth the $40 admission ticket by itself—which I had been trying to convince her for weeks. She insisted on going back to the 5:00 show to see it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×