Gravity - Kings Island Theater 2018

ki95

Interesting show today. New contortion act replaced rollo (as expected). It was actually pretty good.

Some of the storyline parts were moved around and both the gymnastics guys from the second act and the laser guy’s parts were cut from the show, although they all appeared in the show. I think they’re still playing with the format.

EDA50291-C3DB-4D3C-B443-59A5B1280BAD.jpeg

The act on the bars was cut yesterday for the 5 and 7 shows because one of the performers had a bad fall during that act, which ended the 3:00 show. 

I think that the laser act was temporarily removed because they only had the time between the 3:00 and 5:00 show to figure out how to rearrange the show to deal with the missing performer. I fully expect it will be back on Thursday.

Fortunately the man who fell (from the bar to the lower stage without any mat - it was horrifying to watch) seems to have suffered no permanent damage, and walked out to watch the 7:00 show from the audience. 

The new act is definitely cool, but especially after watching the fall yesterday, very nerve wracking.

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5965.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

• Like 2

Yes, all three. 

The injured performer is back, the laser act is back, the new act is still awesome :)  The bar act is still not back in the show, and the performer who fell isn't joining in the tumbling at the end of the show. 

However, for the third show he came out into the audience along with the other two in blue for the preshow. The first showing just the woman came out, and the second showing she and the other man in blue came out. 

12 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Yes, all three. 

The injured performer is back, the laser act is back, the new act is still awesome :)  The bar act is still not back in the show, and the performer who fell isn't joining in the tumbling at the end of the show. 

However, for the third show he came out into the audience along with the other two in blue for the preshow. The first showing just the woman came out, and the second showing she and the other man in blue came out. 

So what is the injured performer doing in the show right now?

I went for a swim at my community's pool last Wednesday, and a group of people who look uncannily like the Gravity cast were chilling out by the pool.  (Few people I've encountered have "Phil's" "Carmine Ragusa" hair!) My girlfriend and I wanted to ask them if they were, but decided to just leave them alone and be happy with the notion that a Cirque cast might be our neighbors. :D Can't wait to see the laser bit again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So what is the injured performer doing in the show right now?

He comes out at the beginning when the lady in orange calls for backup, menacing and chasing the astronauts, and I believe he helps push off the spacecraft. Basically the small segment of the show beginning when any of the performers in blue appear, leading up to the bar act, only they all run off stage at the end rather than climb to the upper platform for that act. 

• Like 3

All three. They bring the big pad out before they begin the act so it is there all the time and then two come out to hold it for the finale flip at the end of the routine.

Were there two or three performers during the bar act?
Glad it's back however it's back tho. 

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I’ve seen it once,and I’ve got to be completely honest,not offend anyone who works on the show,because I know you guys/gals put so much effort into making everything go great,but I wasn’t to impressed with the show,it was good,I did enjoy the light show,but some of the stuff I could’ve saw on America’s got talent with more stunts and acrobatics,I found the storyline confusing until the last couple minutes of the show,but I still enjoyed the show and I recommend that anyone who hasn’t seen should go and watch it

I'm not sure how many times I've seen the show now, but I'm really enjoying watching it evolve as the season goes on.  Little things here and there are changed around, every character is giving their all every show.  I'm enjoying the new purple alien act.  I love taking photos with the cast, and finding refuge from the heat in the theatre.  Every time that last song starts, I'm sad that it's over.  I never imagined I'd be so into it, but I'm so glad that I am. :) Sometimes, the most unexpected joys in life are the best.

I'm not sure how many times I've seen the show now, but I'm really enjoying watching it evolve as the season goes on.  Little things here and there are changed around, every character is giving their all every show.  I'm enjoying the new purple alien act.  I love taking photos with the cast, and finding refuge from the heat in the theatre.  Every time that last song starts, I'm sad that it's over.  I never imagined I'd be so into it, but I'm so glad that I am.  Sometimes, the most unexpected joys in life are the best.
Could not agree more!!!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Does anyone else miss "Seeing Stars" by Peter Tong? I forgot I had it on my iPhone still from the first time I Shazamed it at Cirque Imagine in 2014. It was a great curtain call song in my opinion.

Anytime catch the music in gravity that is during the "new" act?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After trying lots of times (including at least five times during the same performance before it finally came up with something) Shazam finally identified the music from the laser act: Even the Best by Invasion from Mars:

Did shazam identify the music during the "new" 2 person acrobat act?

I watched Gravity for the first time last Sunday. I will say that I kind of felt disappointed. I couldn't even quite put my finger on it, but it didn't live up to my expectations. I love Cirque Imagine the most, closely followed by Origins. I think most of what I wasn't thrilled with was the space theme and the cheesy humor.

I will say though, we watched the 3:30 show today and my mind was changed. I really enjoyed it. All five of the kids I had with me absolutely loved it. It had slight changes in dialogue this week that really made me laugh. We also sat in the front row this time, which may have made a difference too.

I forgot to mention in my post about the music from the show, Shazam has suggested that Pushing the Boundaries by Ian Livingstone is the percussion from the bar act, and World Challenge by Satnam Ramgotra is the one used during the tumbling. But I've been unable to find a source to listen to those pieces to double check. 

Also, they've added a new thing for the woman alien in blue during the preshow

IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7390.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/11/2018 at 11:02 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

After trying lots of times (including at least five times during the same performance before it finally came up with something) Shazam finally identified the music from the laser act: Even the Best by Invasion from Mars:

Thank you so much for this! I have to say the show just gets better and better each time I see it.

• Like 2

Kind of a weird situation today. App says 3,5 & 7 shows (which is normal). Signs says 11:30, 3:00, and 5:00. Allegedly guest services is also telling people that the 7:00 is a go. There is a small crowd of disappointed people out front waiting for a show that likely won’t happen (currently 6:58). Anyone know why the show times changed? More importantly, who dropped the ball on this being communicated?

60C02CED-BA31-4FAB-BAE9-66428B8D28B0.png

306CB010-1F20-4F86-9C86-244BC74613B1.jpeg

image.jpg