Gold Pass extended through July 4th

BoddaH1994

2 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

My wife asked this question last night.  I think sales are fine, but there really isn't any negative to extending the gold offer.

It would allow people to be able to attend haunt/winterfest to buy things in the park.  A season pass ends the end of the regular season?

26 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

It would allow people to be able to attend haunt/winterfest to buy things in the park.  A season pass ends the end of the regular season?

Who knows, I don't know anyone that's ever had the regular pass, but I was saying it's of no real negative impact to the park to extend the offer.

The negative being price integrity.   The whole point of the gold version is to encourage people to buy early and hopefully get them in the park sooner than they would otherwise.   When you start extending the offer, and in this case by over a month, the buy early incentive is diminished.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, teenageninja said:

My wife asked this question last night.  I think sales are fine, but there really isn't any negative to extending the gold offer.

Sure there is. The whole point of the gold pass offering is to entice a sense of urgency with pass purchases. This is incredibly damaging to that. Desperate move.

• Like 2

KI is the only park in the chain where Gold goes away. Other parks that offer gold continue to offer it as long as that season's passes are on sale.

It's no secret that Cedar Fair has been pushing season passes progressively harder versus admission tickets. The park just came off a record year; I really don't think lack of sales is a factor. They probably just want to turn more of their early summer visitors into repeat visitors.

I just wish they wouldn't advertise a deadline of Memorial Day if the actual deadline is the Fourth of July, as people will feel like they hurried up for nothing.

• Like 4

I agree that it is good for the park to sell later as they are open until December, but no matter what date the park chooses, procrastinators will still wait till the last minute to purchase, and then people will complain they missed the gold pass sale. The gold pass status I don't show as diminished as people will take advantage of early renewal pricing and get the benefits. I would like to see the regular passes disappear and just offer gold & platinum and in the future offer the Pre-K pass as other CF parks are doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRickster said:

Pass and ticket sales should be down this year because there is no new attraction. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, even CF or KI executives.

Some of their best years have been years that they had minor or no new attractions.

Honestly, I doubt attendance is down, but I’d have to fathom the guess that gold pass sales are down. Again, this isn’t something that is typical and there’s no way in Hades that extending the deal to July was the original plan.

Over the years I have seen some pretty ridiculous business accounting shenanigans  that while good for the overall business have negative consequences on some of the smaller fiefdoms.  I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if something like this is happening.  

CEO:  With our big capital expenditures this year at CP Planitinum Pass sales are way up especially at KI!  Congratulations everyone for a great job in converting our customers.  

(a short time later)

CEO to KI Management:  I am really, really disappointed in your Gold Pass sales they are down over 10% from Q2 last year.   If you don’t turn those numbers around none of you are going to make bonus this year.  

• Like 2

^Simply a bug in the app - every notification you receive is going to expire at the end of the day (midnight) - if you got a buy one pretzel get one free offer in the app and look right now (at the present time) and it will be saying expiring in the next hour and some minutes, when obviously it has already expired since park is closed!  The Peanuts thing says expiring today too - go to the park tomorrow and the gold pass and Peanuts thing will show up again with an expiration time of midnight...

On 6/3/2018 at 10:38 PM, disco2000 said:

^Simply a bug in the app - every notification you receive is going to expire at the end of the day (midnight) - if you got a buy one pretzel get one free offer in the app and look right now (at the present time) and it will be saying expiring in the next hour and some minutes, when obviously it has already expired since park is closed!  The Peanuts thing says expiring today too - go to the park tomorrow and the gold pass and Peanuts thing will show up again with an expiration time of midnight...

They still send out BOGO on the app? I've been 15 times this year and not received any offers..

3 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

They still send out BOGO on the app? I've been 15 times this year and not received any offers..

You need to have WiFi/Bluetooth/and location services on in order to trigger the beacons in the park. I don’t know if they are using them or not, but I’ve gotten push notifications in weird places like at Great Wolf, so I don’t know what’s up with that.

• Thanks 1

With this extension of the Gold pass and the push for sales of drink cups with the enticement of winning free tickets, it appears that KI is looking to increase some extra capital this season to spend on something. I wonder for what???

85617bbc61f316ca8054b0fa9b34da3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk