Gold Pass extended through July 4th

BoddaH1994

12 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

They still send out BOGO on the app? I've been 15 times this year and not received any offers..

I have received several BOGO offers on my app this year - and I was on data not KI wifi...now part of the issue may be that in the past, the offer would actually "notify" you of its existence (kinda notify like a text message), but in this app, you have to physically select the messages and offers feature in the app (bell looking thing top right corner), so that could be why you missed it?

My comment above about the BOGO was from personal experience when at home at 11:30pm and I had a BOGO pretzel offer that showed expiring in 30 minutes, which I chuckled because the park had closed at 10pm lol.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I have received several BOGO offers on my app this year - and I was on data not KI wifi...now part of the issue may be that in the past, the offer would actually "notify" you of its existence (kinda notify like a text message), but in this app, you have to physically select the messages and offers feature in the app (bell looking thing top right corner), so that could be why you missed it?

My comment above about the BOGO was from personal experience when at home at 11:30pm and I had a BOGO pretzel offer that showed expiring in 30 minutes, which I chuckled because the park had closed at 10pm lol.

Yes glad to know!  I was use to it sending me the notification and have never looked in the app for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Father's Day typically isn't very crowded, even with the bring-a-friend offer. Last Sunday was no exception.

The Sunday following Father's Day has been added as a bring-a-friend day for at least the past few years. I would expect that to be the least crowded day of this upcoming weekend, with SpiritSong going on Thu-Sat.

So, I didn't even realize KI still sold  a regular Season Pass? Also, apparently it just gets you into the park thru Labor Day? I never knew that! Now the question here is: wouldn't it be better to get a gold Pass so one could go to Haunt and Winterfest as well? I agree with the earlier poster who said to eliminate the Regular Pass, but I also ask, what would be the benefit (besides cost, obviously) to getting a Regular Season Pass vs. a Gold Pass?

• Like 1

Really, the main reason Regular is on sale now is to show how great of a value Gold is in comparison. The only advantage of Regular is that it's a few dollars cheaper.

Regular might make sense for a guest who needs 3+ days of summer admission, but who doesn't need parking, early rides, passholder events, etc. For the majority of guests, Gold is a much better choice than Regular. After July 4, the only pass options will be Regular and Platinum.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, malem said:

Really, the main reason Regular is on sale now is to show how great of a value Gold is in comparison. The only advantage of Regular is that it's a few dollars cheaper.

Regular might make sense for a guest who needs 3+ days of summer admission, but who doesn't need parking, early rides, passholder events, etc. For the majority of guests, Gold is a much better choice than Regular. After July 4, the only pass options will be Regular and Platinum.

Regular is often more expensive than gold too. You were correct - it’s about perceived value. It also adds a sense of urgency. That, of course, is being a little battered with such a long extension but I guess they’ve got to do what they’ve got to do.

• Like 1