Dress code in the park

Tera Ryzing

Anyone seeing dress code rules not being followed/enforced?  Was at Planet Snoopy last night and could not believe the outfits or lack there of being in the family section of a family park.  Had words with a gentleman @ surf dog cause he wasn't wearing a shirt.  

You'd be surprised at some of the tasteless stuff you see people wearing in the park, but it's hard to enforce with the lack of security you see once you get in the park.  You see a lot of people walking over from Soak City through Planet Snoopy in bikinis and the such.

4 hours ago, teenageninja said:

You'd be surprised at some of the tasteless stuff you see people wearing in the park, but it's hard to enforce with the lack of security you see once you get in the park.  You see a lot of people walking over from Soak City through Planet Snoopy in bikinis and the such.

That is something that has impressed me about Kentucky Kingdom.  Most times I have been (much less than KI), they have employees posted at the entrances/exits of the water park/dry park that enforce the dress code.

Monday was a bad day for dress code I felt lots of women walking around in less than a bathing suit, saw one in a flesh colored body suit with rips all in the front. 

Besides dress code I also saw a lot of people that must be very entitled.... I was waiting for my husband to pick me up at SC (there were no handicap spaces by the time we got there) here comes this young woman with a handicapped hanging from the mirror, she looked confused and then her and her passenger got out of the car blocking several cars parked and she took off in her platform wedges and left her flashers on.at the dry park I guess because there were no handicap spaces people were creating there own spaces and I was happy to see every car had a ticket on the window when we came out.

• Like 2

Monday was a bad day for dress code I felt lots of women walking around in less than a bathing suit, saw one in a flesh colored body suit with rips all in the front. 

Besides dress code I also saw a lot of people that must be very entitled.... I was waiting for my husband to pick me up at SC (there were no handicap spaces by the time we got there) here comes this young woman with a handicapped hanging from the mirror, she looked confused and then her and her passenger got out of the car blocking several cars parked and she took off in her platform wedges and left her flashers on.at the dry park I guess because there were no handicap spaces people were creating there own spaces and I was happy to see every car had a ticket on the window when we came out.

Oh my!!! Yeah, I was at the water park all day Monday and kept seeing the same woman with a black bathing two piece on and the top had,

In HUGE white letters, “CUTE AF” - let me just say, it was no where near accurate. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just like police cannot catch everyone speeding on the highway, it cannot police every single person in the park. It does a decent job of catching the people but I have seen it get out of hand especially  when SC closes. I would hope ride operators and food service and park services would step up and tell the guests that required attire is needed in the KI rides section of the park. If everyone worked together it would make for a better experience for all.

• Like 1

Saw some interesting stuff at CP the last few days.

A college age girl got off the train with a very thin see through shirt with nothing on underneath. Basically the same as a wet t-shirt. No one seemed to care.

Another girl had a tank top that said I have small T***. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Saw some interesting stuff at CP the last few days.

A college age girl got off the train with a very thin see through shirt with nothing on underneath. Basically the same as a wet t-shirt. No one seemed to care.

Another girl had a tank top that said I have small T***. 

Didn’t see those sort of shirts when I was up at CP 3 weeks ago.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Don't know what wal mart you go to, but i for one don't enjoy the dress code not being enforced.

People of walmart... it's a website..... and sorry you don't enjoy it.. we do!

We're not uptight, and the world is what it is..

But to each their own!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Prob not a good idea. 

A few weeks ago, @Magenta Lizard, @pianoman and I decided to ride the water rides. We finally got to WWC to be paired up with 3 young ladies (early 20s)...one that sat across from me had a white wife beater on with nothing under it. When looking across from me, I saw a little more than I needed to. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

My point was that the wal mart clientele in little to no clothing are people that don't need to be in it.....

I'm ok with, "if you got it, flaunt it"

I agree there can be a lot of ummm unattractive sights to be seen in that KI crowd. But we salute those that don't have it to flaunt it, but don't care about others judgement and flaunt it anyways.

And what's not attractive to me, may be to others

• Haha 1

Along with the dress code enforcement, KI seems to be slacking on the enforcement of “no cell phones on rides” rule.799809AB-261B-429C-89A9-1487C3EFCD08.thumb.png.e190f559bb49effd5ccb5b52eec7e79e.pngimg%5D<a%20href=[/img]https://KICentral.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2018_05/239360B7-F0A1-44C2-9198-652D5736ECE1.thumb.png.076872d92737e5c8ae9a5758f54849e8.png' alt='239360B7-F0A1-44C2-9198-652D5736ECE1.thumb.png.076872d92737e5c8ae9a5758f54849e8.png'>

Depending on who’s working the ride, we can stop the ride if someone wasn’t following the rules. It just depends on whether we see it or not. Unfortunately, it’s an uphill battle as so many people do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an uphill battle because it is not enforced.  When it starts being enforced, it would set an example, but hey, they are only rules.  Isn't that like if we have a murdering spree, well it is so hard to enforce because so many are doing it?  So what if it is a law?  (This is meant to be a little sarcastic)  Yes, I break the speed limit on occasion, but if I get pulled over, I don't tell the cop, I was only doing 5 over.  The law, or rule, is just that.  There needs to be enforcement.  If you don't want to enforce it, don't make it a rule or law.

• Like 3

Ok, yes those pics are very much against park rules, but I noticed that both of the pics say Maineville, OH. I point this out as some (Pokemon Go) eggs that I pick up at the park are labeled with this location (I think other possible locations inside the park are South Lebanon, Kings Mills or Mason, OH IIRC).

Now back to questionable fashion choices! :P

Seriously, though, I have seen questionable attire (like, specifically T-shirts) in the park over the years.

• Like 1