Kings Island Steakhouse

adamscott

Do you think the international restaurant should be converted into a steakhouse. I think this would be a good investment for the patrons who eat steak. this had been at the back of my head since they had built the new BBQ place in Coney Mall. I came up with a perfect name for the steakhouse if it ever comes true. International Steakhouse of Kings Island. 

1524279063946.jpg

• Like 5

I was going to suggest the name "Kings Quarters" before I saw your suggested name!  KQ was the name of a buffet we used to go to when I was a child.

The idea of a steakhouse doesn't appeal so much to me, because I am pretty picky about meat.  But I could get behind it if they had a selection of signature chicken and burgers.  It would be nice to have a traditional sit down service food option.  

I really would like to see KI get a retail section similar to that of KBF and what is upcoming at CGA.

• Like 2

My understanding was that at one time, during the Paramount years they were considering turning International street into a shopping district like City Walk. I would have liked that, but not sure how the off season times would be handled. I guess if they had an anchor theater it could have suceeded.

• Like 2

The challenge with opening the International Restaurant space to the public is that it's used for many private events throughout the season. When it opened for Winterfest last year, many dates were blacked out for other events.

I don't see it opening to the public on a regular basis, barring another indoor venue for groups being constructed at the park.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

No way no how do I trust this food department to handle steak.  

Perhaps such a restaurant could be handled by the catering department instead of the regular food and beverage department.

Oh wait: this is the department that produced rock-hard ribs a few years ago. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Build a texas roadhouse in KI

No. Absolutely not.  I walked in to one of those once and was greeted with “a little bitty truck, a little bitty car, a little bitty this and a little bitty that” and walked right out.  Protein spill city. 

I have always lived as far north as possible for a reason. I appreciate the cuisine but not the atmosphere.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, malem said:

The challenge with opening the International Restaurant space to the public is that it's used for many private events throughout the season. When it opened for Winterfest last year, many dates were blacked out for other events.

I don't see it opening to the public on a regular basis, barring another indoor venue for groups being constructed at the park.

Plus the disability elevator exits in the kitchen from what I’ve heard.

I would love for the International Restaurant to re open for every day park guests.  I think one of the reasons the restaurant closed is due to ADA and a lack of an elevator.  They installed a new elevator a season or two ago.  I always took that as a sign that it might re open.  I do hear occasional stories of people watching the fireworks from the restaurant from years back.  Sounds very cool!  Crossing my fingers!

• Like 2

Totally agree Brad, that kind of thing would be the great option.  Leave the steaks to to real steakhouses, they are to hard to get right for inexperienced seasonal workers and would be ridiculously expensive at KI.    Something like Midway Market while nothing spectacular is a great option for a family that can get something decent together rather stan stopping at a bunch of specialty food stands.

Especially for those with specific dietary needs.   There really is no where in the park some of us can get a “meal”, even Coney BBQ at best is just a snack due to the side choices.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Especially for those with specific dietary needs.   There really is no where in the park some of us can get a “meal”, even Coney BBQ at best is just a snack due to the side choices.  

I'm shocked that they don't offer green beans as a side for the BBQ.  I wish a side salad was always an option.  And that salad was something other than a bagged ice berg mix.

Rather than a steak house, I would love to see cheese burger place that is at least the quality of Wendy's.  5 guys quality would be amazing.  But I would settle for an ok cheeseburger.  Most of the cheeseburgers I've seen look to be cooked until they are a hockey puck, and placed on stale bread.

I would also like to see a pay by the pound salad bar like they have at grocery stores, but I know thats asking a lot.

• Like 3

I haven’t had any burgers yet this year but I know what you mean.  CF seems to cook burgers to a minimum temp of 375F.  There is well done and then there is crunchy.  

Not so sure what I think about a pay by the pound salad bar after my experience with a $15 frozen yogurt bowl up at CP.  

Coney does have the collard greens and I should check and see if they add anything nefarious to them as that may be an option.  The cole slaw didn’t seem to sweet like at Ms Keats so will check into that as well.  

12 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

No. Absolutely not.  I walked in to one of those once and was greeted with “a little bitty truck, a little bitty car, a little bitty this and a little bitty that” and walked right out.  Protein spill city. 

I have always lived as far north as possible for a reason. I appreciate the cuisine but not the atmosphere.  

really? That is my favorite. we eat it twice a month. Though we usually do take out, saves on drinks and tips

You should reconsider and go on your bday and get sung to lol 

Two opinions:

1) I-Street wouldn't really be successful open during off-season times as a shopping district.  Many factors.

• Parking.  too far a walk to get there especially when the weather is <30 degrees
  • Retailers wouldn't "fit" during in-season dates.
  • Only one entrance/one exit.  

2) Steakhouse... at an amusement park?  Not sure about that one.  Coney BBQ had GREAT food... for a weekend.  It's OK- its still the place I choose to use my meal plan- but the meat quality has taken a bit of a dive.  

• Like 1