Kings Island Steakhouse

adamscott

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I am sure the food is great, I just don’t handle country well.  Maybe they don’t all blast it like that one did, but have never gone back. 

They all blast it!  Though if you're ever able to to do take out, give it a shot, really good! Even all salad dressings are homemade. We drive a hour round trip twice a month to have it.  In my city, we have a Texas coral. It is a Texas roadhouse knock off, but not near as good

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

If they can handle a sit down restaurant elsewhere in the park it might be a good idea. But I’m leaning towards no. Case and point, Reds Hall of Fame Grill. It’s a shame, really. 

I think they can handle it with the Reds Hall of Fame Grill.  They just need direction that cares about the food and trained managers to carry that out that direction.  I think a little training and education can go a long way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnyPancakes said:

Rather than a steak house, I would love to see cheese burger place that is at least the quality of Wendy's.  5 guys quality would be amazing.  But I would settle for an ok cheeseburger.  Most of the cheeseburgers I've seen look to be cooked until they are a hockey puck, and placed on stale bread.

I haven’t had them yet, but I have been hearing very good things about the new burgers at Jukebox Diner.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:39 AM, TheRickster said:

This forum never ceases to amaze me, we are actually talking about the park franchising a texas roadhouse lol.

Nothing is out of the realm of possibility.  Then again if it's on the dining plan, just imagine... The current wait time for Texas Roadhouse is 4 hours.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

The park can hardly make Skyline I dont think I would want them touching a steak.  

I've often wondered when the day will come when Skyline, LaRosa's, etc would step in and say that what they are serving is a poor representation of their product and insist upon change.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2018 at 12:05 AM, King Ding Dong said:

This one isn’t close enough for you?

8BE51088-CF11-4F9D-9DFB-3F73AFFBE55C.png

Ok. I should have said connected to the park. Lol! It would have been more thematically connected when it was Boomarang Bay. I thought it would extend the evening in the area. Btw... are they having the Dive-in-movies this year?

On 6/13/2018 at 8:05 PM, upstop said:

Ok. I should have said connected to the park. Lol! It would have been more thematically connected when it was Boomarang Bay. I thought it would extend the evening in the area. Btw... are they having the Dive-in-movies this year?

Back in 2004, I would have agreed with that statement! ^_^ Now in 2018, I say forget Outback and give me another Cheese Burger in Paradise (I miss that place so much).The International Street Restaurant has been the white elephant of I-Street for years now. I love the fact that they could use it for the Winterfest meals, but I hate that it goes dormant with the few meals that get served in the restaurant during the operating season. I personally believe that a restaurant that has different foods from around the world would be perfect for the location. Sit down, wait for your server, the whole nine yards. However, I don't know how well it would fly. Let's be honest folks, KI Food ops have been half staff for most of the season. However, the food quality has been rising (at least in my opinion) in what we see with Coney BBQ. I think that Chef Major could definitely whip up some dishes for the restaurant to serve that could be at theme park capacity. I just do not know whether or not that is on the immediate to do list.