Kings Island instrumental music 2018

pianolover2

hi, this year i havent had a chance to go to KI just yet, been so busy with work etc, however planning to go sometime in the near future. i wanted to ask, this year did Kings Island bring back the instrumental music that they had playing last summer? they started it in like april i think, and ended it before haunt, and supposedly it had been brought back after a while, this year is it instrumental music or is it just regular songs like before? thx so much.

The orchestral instrumental music on I street is back. There is still kids music in Planet Snoopy and pop music through the parking lot entrance and most of the rest of the park. They have added some acoustic renditions of pop songs through river town... Which is a fun way to theme that area without going total back woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, they have new tracks this year. These are all I could identify:

- Theme from "Born on the Fourth of July" by John Williams 

- Medley from "The Cowboys" by John Williams 

- Theme to "Exodus" by Ernest Gold performed by City of Prauge Orchestra

- Theme to "The Big Country" by Jerome Moross performed by City of Prauge Orchestra 

- Love theme from "The Godfather" (Speak Softly Love) by Nino Rota performed by City of Prauge Orchestra 

- March from "The Dam Busters" by Eric Coates and Leighton Lucas performed by City of Prauge Orchestra 

- "Bicycle Chase & End Credits" from ET: The Extra Terrestrial by John Williams performed by City of Prauge Orchestra 

- Suite from "The High and The Mighty" by Dimitri Tiomkin

- Prologue from "Hook" by John Williams 

- Angry Birds Theme performed by London Philharmonic Orchestra 

- "Gusty Garden Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy performed by London Philharmonic Orchestra 

- "Harry's Wonderous World" from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by John Williams 

- The Harry Lime Theme from "The Third Man" by Anton Karas performed by City of Prauge Orchestra 

- Tara's Theme from "Gone With the Wind" by Max Steiner performed by City of Prauge Orchestra 

- Theme from "The Natural" by Randy Newman performed by City of Prauge Orchestra 

- Overture from "Citizen Kane" ( The Inquirer) by Bernard Herrmann 

- "Born on the Fourth of July" from Born on the Fourth of July by John Williams 

Edit- More Songs Found

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^Thanks for finding the High and Mighty theme.  I've been searching for that song for YEARS.  

It's my pleasure. I didn't help make the playlist, but I was able to find a few of the songs. My Aunt and I were sitting along the fountains one day and she recognized the theme to The Big Country. A majority of the songs can be found on the City of Prauge Orchestra's album '100 Greatest Film Themes.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That_B&M_Roar said:

So happy that the film score music is back!! It just adds to the ambiance to IS. Also, I'm starting to come around on bluegrass/western versions on pop music in Rivertown. Has anyone noticed if Frontiertown at CP has the same music?

Yes, I was there last Sat and I heard several "pop" songs in the Country Western cover and thought it was a great idea for Rivertown. I think I heard both "Shake it Off" and "Blurred Lines" with a banjo and piano theme and it was simply awesome. 

Maybe for Coney Mall/Old Coney, they could use "PostModern Jukebox' renditions of current pop music.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That_B&M_Roar said:

So happy that the film score music is back!! It just adds to the ambiance to IS. Also, I'm starting to come around on bluegrass/western versions on pop music in Rivertown. Has anyone noticed if Frontiertown at CP has the same music?

Frontiertown has instrumental movie scores this year. The Trail (from Red Garter to Glassblower) has bluegrass instrumental versions of rock and pop songs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KingsMills79 said:

Maybe for Coney Mall/Old Coney, they could use "PostModern Jukebox' renditions of current pop music.

I don't know about the rest of Coney, but I have actually heard PostModern Jukebox, specifically, on the patio at Coney BBQ. Teenage Dirtbag and Stressed Out. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pianolover2 said:

I definitely enjoy the instrumental music on I-Street, i plan on visiting Kings Island sometime this summer hopefully, but at some point, a bit before Haunt, do they revert back to the regular songs? 

They did last year, but hopefully it will stay as is till haunt.

• Like 1

On June 9, 2018 at 3:47 PM, KIghostguy said:

I think that calliope/carousel organ music would fit Coney Mall much better than ‘70’s music.

I'd love organ music in Coney Mall, but it best belongs on a specific former ride that needs to make a comeback. ;)