Kings Island is adding dorms

BoddaH1994

On 7/24/2018 at 1:00 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Yep. There is a boneyard out there. Also if you look from Drop Tower you can see a strangely leveled spot. If they are to build dorms, I’d put my money on this spot.

I LOOKED fOR a Building  Permit I cant Find One 

• Like 1

“The park is planning to construct dormitory that would open in about a year, Chad Showalter, the amusement park’s spokesman, told this news outlet today.”

https://www.journal-news.com/news/kings-island-wants-add-housing-for-out-area-staffers/TxVJqIwNKAFrjrbHWpmWyO/

Should have been a b&m (giga)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

This is extremely similar to how Cedar Point does their employee dorms. I paid the same amount as KI is charging which is a more than fair price. I got to meet different people from different parts of the country and even different parts of the world that I still talk to on facebook and such. We also had trips to different parts of the country like Niagra Falls and Chicago.  I was an intern so I was fortunate enough to stay in an apartment as opposed to a dorm; nothing was wrong with the dorms but the apartments had more room and slightly more amenities. If anyone is considering staying in a dorm, they're extremely fun experience!

• Like 1

@SonofBaconator Obviously being new buildings these will be in fine shape and meet modern building codes but I hear the ones up at CP are pretty run down especially Cedars (early 1900s). The poor state of housing is often cited as a reason many choose not to work up there.  I suppose one’s socio-economic upbringing plays a large role in the perception as well.  

I take it your experience is different at least in the apartments? 

4 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@SonofBaconator Obviously being new buildings these will be in fine shape and meet modern building codes but I hear the ones up at CP are pretty run down especially Cedars (early 1900s). The poor state of housing is often cited as a reason many choose not to work up there.  I suppose one’s socio-economic upbringing plays a large role in the perception as well.  

I take it your experience is different at least in the apartments? 

I was in Bayside, the last building you see before you enter the causeway. At $9 a day rent it was good- had a living room with a tv and AC, microwave, full fridge/freezer/ and stove, pull out couch, and my own bed. I shared the apartment with 5 other guys and we enjoyed ourselves. It felt like being in college and it was a fun experience. Cedars was a fun place to walk around but I'd never want to live there personally. A lot of ride ops stayed in Cedars during the summer as well as other associates who wanted to be closer to the park. It'll be weird to not have anymore associate housing on the property anymore. The dorms were more modern than my apartment but I'd still prefer the apartment myself as it had more amenities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

A log flume would be cool as well.   Have a second station at the dorms and they could just send empty boats through when employees needed to get to the park.   Win-win for guests and employees.  

Double station Giga? Employees only though.

• Like 1