Kings Island is adding dorms

BoddaH1994

18 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

I think dorm transportation should be either Hyperloop or Zip Line. Either also function as an attraction.

Perhaps relocate the Cincinnati Streetcar to KI. It may, finally, be profitable as an attraction/employee transportation. I know, We could have it go through an area with lions and giraffes.  Oh wait.

Nevermind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, FoolCrzy said:

Perhaps relocate the Cincinnati Streetcar to KI. It may, finally, be profitable as an attraction/employee transportation. I know, We could have it go through an area with lions and giraffes.  Oh wait.

Nevermind.

What if Kings Island bought that monorail from Jungle Jim's and used it as transportation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We are well on our way to solving the park’s employee transportation issues.

Next up my oldest graduates in 2020 but has a September birthday so will still be 17 but needs a place to live. If we can get him a forged identity I know the perfect place for him to work in Rivertown.  Win-Win.  :P  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have the final transportation solution. Expand the train and add more stations. They can run it behind Crypt, under Beast lift hill, behind Racer and put in a Station where KMAA is going. Extend behind FoF/X, past AE, around Banshee and another station into AZ. Spur line to dorms with turn around and another station. New entrance to park with overhead R.R. Trestle. Follow front access road back down to SC. Makes perfect sense and costs little!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^The trick to that is doing so with minimal crossings.  I would also think such a train expansion would mean the park would need to buy at least 2 more sets of trains (1-2 more locomotives and passenger cars) if you want to make it bigger and make it convenient.  

Personally, I think a sky ride that starts in Action Zone around Timberwolf with the other station between Backlot and Diamondback would be a good way to go, linking 2 of the more popular areas of the park.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Also I think I read somewhere that these kind of locomotives can’t take much of a grade as well so expanding the train to the other side of the park would be near impossible.  

Correct and correct. 4-4-0s of that kind can't handle hills well. The Roy Disney from the Magic Kingdom can barely make it up their grade -(see chapter 3 of the Amusement Park Railroad Thread).

The transcontinental railroad only allowed a 2% grade back when it was built. The KI&MVRR has a grade too, right by the Mystic Timbers tunnel. There are often times when the trains can't even get up the hill and have to reverse back to the station and try again.

• Like 2

jeesh using the train round trip from Rivertown to Dorms to Soak City would take an hour...lol! Maybe they could build a shuttle like at the Cincinnati Airport. Zip and you are there...do it partially underground with a station behind Invertigo for employee only access.

jeesh using the train round trip from Rivertown to Dorms to Soak City would take an hour...lol! Maybe they could build a shuttle like at the Cincinnati Airport. Zip and you are there...do it partially underground with a station behind Invertigo for employee only access.

Better idea!!! We can just buy big drones and fly the employees across the park!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fyrfyter said:

Better idea!!! We can just buy big drones and fly the employees across the park!!!

As an alternative and to help with the budget all employees could receive human cannonball training and just be launched back and forth.  It would be like the Ultimate Stunt Show all day!  The park could charge guests $5 to pull the cord on the cannon park side.   What kid wouldn’t want to do that?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

Better idea!!! What if they buy a really big drone, and fly a bus with employees across the park!!!

I think they should just give them all those old go-karts they used to have where Banshee is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Better idea!!! What if they buy a really big drone, and fly a bus with employees across the park!!!

I think they should just give them all those old go-karts they used to have where Banshee is.

I’m good with that. Open raceway involving all pathways in the park! That’s a great idea!
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Destination launch coaster. Like TTD x2 (on going one way, one going the other). Huge launch into one giant airtime hill. By the time your butt is back in your seat you're sitting all the way across the park. Could work for employee transport from dorms too ;-)

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.47.10 AM.png

• Like 2