Kings Island is adding dorms

BoddaH1994

The biggest issues seem to be when the park is not open for daily operation.  I just do not think this will help the early part of the season.  But this still sounds like a good addition.

Back when I first heard about the dorms, I was told the park was looking at locating the dorms near the greenhouses.  Seems like the most logical location to me.

• Like 1

Lol, I was about to post it since it’s now public. I think it will help tremendously with staffing issues the park has had. Now if they can just get the city of Mason to go along with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mason won’t care. They just don’t want to see some military barracks style building that people can see.

Beyond access, Ohio building code and Ohio fire code, this is easy. You’re essentially building a hotel with smaller rooms.
  • Like 4

On 6/6/2018 at 1:01 AM, Kenban said:

The biggest issues seem to be when the park is not open for daily operation.  I just do not think this will help the early part of the season.  But this still sounds like a good addition.

Back when I first heard about the dorms, I was told the park was looking at locating the dorms near the greenhouses.  Seems like the most logical location to me.

It's pretty much directly for that. They can bring in international workers and people from further away who are out of high school. Will also help the weekdays a bit in the early weekday and late weekday operating days.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I wonder where they plan to build it?  I would have to assume on site somewhere.

Maybe across the street where the Kings Island Inn used to be? They would have to purchase the property but the electrical / plumbing infrastructure should still be there I would think. All they would need is a shuttle service.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

I just hope they do better in hiring International Workers than they have in the past if this happens.  We had a huge problem in Park Services with International workers in 2008.

Cedar Point uses them in customer facing positions like rides.  At the very least I will say that they showed up there to work - not for playtime or karaoke on the microphone. 

Kings Dominion uses a lot of internationals too.  Can't say I had a bad experience with them either.

I know what you're referring to in 2008, but let's hope that was just a bad run of people.

• Like 2

I actually enjoy interacting with International Workers.  Heck, its one of the highlights of EPCOT.  I had a fascinating conversation with a young lady in the Norway shop once for nearly an hour - she had a great life story, and she was only like 22!  I tell all people that go there, take the time to chat with the workers... they are more interesting then anything there!

My dream would be for KI to return the International flavor of International Street... and use authentic international employees.

• Like 5

I'd have to agree with @Shaggy. My last EPCOT trip I spent the better part of the day in World Showcase talking with cast members from their represented countries and had a blast (I may have been participating in a drinking around the world event). I think it would add to the overall theme of IS at KI to uses international workers.

CP uses them, and they seem to be nicer, and more polite than the teenage local workers. Last year at Muffleheads at CP Shores we had a bartender from Poland and he was a lot of fun, than at either Happy Frier or Hot Potato cannot remember which one had a young lady from Japan serve us and she was all smiles and eager to help. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Cedar Point uses them in customer facing positions like rides.  At the very least I will say that they showed up there to work - not for playtime or karaoke on the microphone. 

Kings Dominion uses a lot of internationals too.  Can't say I had a bad experience with them either.

I know what you're referring to in 2008, but let's hope that was just a bad run of people.

I totally agree 100%.  2008 was a disaster.  They hired them way too late, quality was down, promised them a ton of hours.

13 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

they stopped hiring internationals in rides in 2006.

I live over an hour away from the park and my parents won't let me work there because of it so if these are open by the time that i get out of High School, i would finally be able to work there which makes me very happy. I've been wanting to work at the park for the longest time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kayla_Uzlik said:

I live over an hour away from the park and my parents won't let me work there because of it so if these are open by the time that i get out of High School, i would finally be able to work there which makes me very happy. I've been wanting to work at the park for the longest time. 

I sure hope it works out for you!

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I don't know for sure that this is related, but there are a few construction vehicles showing up in the overflow parking for Kings High School, behind Great Wolf. 

IMG_8085.JPG

I suspect it is related if they want to open within a year. 

Not sure I will be up that way on Thursday. Keep us posted! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAMA9719 said:

I looked at The  Warren County Auditor Site and The Property Of Kings Island goes All They way Out to The School And To Great Wolf Lodge.

Screenshot 2018-07-24 at 11.25.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2018-07-24 at 11.28.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2018-07-24 at 11.27.39 AM.png

Yep. There is a boneyard out there. Also if you look from Drop Tower you can see a strangely leveled spot. If they are to build dorms, I’d put my money on this spot.

• Like 1