Peanuts Sketch School

BoddaH1994

Has anyone had the opportunity to do this? It starts at 2:30 and they do a different character every hour on the half hour. You also get to hear interesting facts about the Peanuts characters. It’s really well done and really fun! I highly recommend!! Bonus: it’s in the newly renovated Enchanted Theater!

I’m no artist, but these are the ones I’ve done:

15453DE4-413E-4414-83E5-5BD42B7104EA.jpeg

5FACF9F0-D003-4B63-B552-5F98BF2ADBDC.jpeg

05F6734B-2F23-48E9-9ED0-BDBF1A791C6A.jpeg

E4AA2422-32BD-492A-A083-8179A5F5124A.jpeg

C58C075D-2F8F-4EA4-BF0D-C43223FC8492.jpeg

01BF705D-29E7-49CA-88D0-97E122D44D85.jpeg

C75962DD-A076-4AF6-910D-D33D14B263AA.jpeg

• Like 6

I still have Charlie Brown, Woodstock, Pig Pen, and a few others to do still.

Here is the schedule that they were working with:

2:30 Charlie Brown

3:30 Lucy

4:30 Linus

5:30 Snoopy

6:30 Sally

7:30 Franklin (this one rotates occasionally)

8:30 (Rotates Nightly)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Great job, Ryan! I can't draw worth crap, but I would love to try! Is Schroader ever featured?

Schroeder is a rotated character. I’d say he’s a regular.

6 hours ago, harmony29 said:

Can adults do this? I wanted to the other day but was hesitant if it was strictly a kids activity.

Absolutely! They actually have a carpeted area for kids to sit in the front and the adults sit in the seats. A lot of adults participated. It’s appropriate for all ages!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Schroeder is a rotated character. I’d say he’s a regular.

Absolutely! They actually have a carpeted area for kids to sit in the front and the adults sit in the seats. A lot of adults participated. It’s appropriate for all ages!

We are definitely going to try this Sun, I'm desperate for Snoopy as we have a beagle and I love pigpen, we will have to see if they are doing him

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

We are definitely going to try this Sun, I'm desperate for Snoopy as we have a beagle and I love pigpen, we will have to see if they are doing him

They did Pig Pen as part of the rotation last week, so he's definitely part of the program - although I don't know if they will be doing him on Sunday specifically.  Snoopy was by far the most challenging character to draw, but that's what Sketch School is for!  Make sure you post your sketches!

30 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

We did Lucy yesterday.  It was really fun!  Highly recommended!!!

F0CF9E5D-8751-4D92-BC79-2E78658DCB26.jpeg

Very cool!  You did better with the contour of the head than I did.

• Like 2

I did the Animation Academy at Disney's California Adventure earlier this year, where I was reminded that I'm definitely not an artist. :rolleyes:

We were supposed to draw Chip:

latest?cb=20151207084728

But I somehow ended up with:

chip.jpg

Will have to try PEANUTS Sketch School to see if I can do any better...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

I drew Charlie Brown today... not bad for a "terrible artist" lol:

20180609_144553.jpg

Seriously, though, they do a really good job teaching you; I'm going back at 8:30 to draw Schroader.

Pretty good! The guy holding that sketch liked it too!! (Me) lol

• Like 2

I will say, the carpet is very soft!

Also, here's my attempt at Peppermint Patty (I think they get worse and worse as I go lol*)

20180610_204320.jpg

Fun Fact: Peppermint Patty was created in response to the Women's Movement of the 1960s. (Thanks Jim! ^_^)

*But now that I see it again after a few hours later, it doesn't look that bad...

• Like 1

So, I got my last sessions of Sketch School today (as tommorrow is Father's Day and I won't be at the park) and had a good time. During the 7:30 session we drew Pigpen

20180616_194748.jpgand there was a "Bonus" session after the 8:30 session where a few of us learned to draw Franklin:

20180616_211458.jpg

Ken and Jim did a great job leading the classes. Before Sketch School, I thought I was a terrible artist, but now I know that I CAN draw; all I need are guide lines! :D

NOTE: The first picture is a worried Pigpen, while in the second picture, Franklin is happily listening to music on his iPod.

• Like 1

I had no idea how much I would enjoy Sketch School before my first session. I hope this is something they try again at some point in the future. 

After I learned the basics, I started branching out a little with my drawings. My favorites from yesterday were surprised Snoopy (bonus Woodstock) and Scorned Sally (upset about missing Tricks or Treats)

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5839.JPG

I made Pig-Pen sad but I feel bad about it

IMG_5840.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1