can you wait to buy Fast Lane when you arrive?

TNTWALTER

my daughter's going with a big group to KI this Friday and half her friends are shelling out $$ for Fast Lane and some are even doing plus. Ticket is $40 w/drink band. Fast Lane is $65, plus is $80. Can she wait until she arrives to buy if crowded or should we just spend the $125 now for fast pass plus? UGH. Thanks.

UPDATE:  She went with the basic $40 ticket and decided to wait and see....they never needed it. Had a great day, got lots of rides in and saved $60. Woo Hoo.

31 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

It can be bought at the park. I always suggest buying it at the park, to avoid paying the fee and to see whether or not it's actually needed.

thanks for quick reply. is it more expensive at the park? can't find info. assuming not.

she will just wait.

The $99 is just for admission and Fast Lane Plus....this is eh...it's good if you know for a fact it's going to be busy, but will still have to pay for other items such as drinks, parking, etc. 

I'd personally just do the ticket and then buy Fast Lane at the park. I don't believe it's more expensive at the park.

I have only used Fast Pass once and that was at Disney where it built in the ticket cost.  I have to say you really, really lose out not queuing up for the rides.  Alot of times that is the best time I have in the park.  I drove by the park today for work and it looked like it was getting pretty busy.

I have to agree about waiting in the queue. Because of my disability I use the ride pass system so I never see the general lines, I never knew about the TV's in line at MT showing the woods and I still don't know what is in line at Steel Vengeance at CP, I've been told there are plaques that describe how the bandits came to be and the fight w Maverick, I've looked for these pics everywhere and can't find them, it bums me out.

On 6/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

I have only used Fast Pass once and that was at Disney where it built in the ticket cost.  I have to say you really, really lose out not queuing up for the rides.  Alot of times that is the best time I have in the park.  I drove by the park today for work and it looked like it was getting pretty busy.

One time I got to ride four rides in the course of 12 hours.   There is nothing worse than a line. 

• Like 1

I've had the Fast Lane pass once or twice in the fall when they gave you one to use on a Sunday if you renewed your Gold Pass.  I have to say that I've never had so much fun at Kings Island than the day(s) I used it.  I must really not like waiting in lines.  They just need FL for the food lines, and you'd be set.

• Like 4

If you ride themed rides alot of the back story is in the queue.  Yeah, waiting in can suck in the middle of the summer.  I am waiting for a virtual queue system to elimate waiting and keep guest on the midways spending money.  For example scan your band at the entrance of said ride.  The kiosk will say the queue is currently 1 hour long.  Please come back at such and such time to board your ride.  Think of the space a park would have not having these huge queues.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 12:22 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

If you ride themed rides alot of the back story is in the queue.  Yeah, waiting in can suck in the middle of the summer.  I am waiting for a virtual queue system to elimate waiting and keep guest on the midways spending money.  For example scan your band at the entrance of said ride.  The kiosk will say the queue is currently 1 hour long.  Please come back at such and such time to board your ride.  Think of the space a park would have not having these huge queues.

Think of how many rides and other attractions that Cedar Point could save compared to tearing one or two down every time they build a new thing.

At KI, it's not as big of an issue since there's still plenty of land for building on in the future, but would be nice to have.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:22 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

It's basically what the ride pass is for handicap people, that would be a great way to do it.

• Like 1