Opinions on Worlds of Fun?

Just the boys and I are headed to St. Louis Sunday to visit family and spend some time at SFSTL.  Probably spend a couple of days there mostly at the waterpark with grandparents but also get some rides in as Kiefer was not into coasters when we lived there and we have only gone for HitP a couple of times so the full lineup was not available. 

We are very flexible with our schedule and I have been mulling over the idea of a quick trip up to WoF as it is about a 4 hour drive.   But looking at what it has to offer I don’t see anything compelling and it’s not like we count credits.  Prowler and Patriot look interesting but that’s about it.  Not really up for a @malem style day trip so would probably need to get a motel room so with fuel and incidentals would end up costing close to $200 or so.   I keep thinking that money would be better spent on a KD, SFGadv, or Carowinds trip a few weeks latter.  

We were just at Worlds of Fun and Six Flags St. Louis on Monday, yes both in the same day and got back to Cincinnati later that night, basically it was 34 hour road trip. We were at WoF at opening on Monday and got every coaster except Boomerang (by choice) done in the first hour. Their flat ride collection is kind of small, but okay, but most if not all those rides can be found at other parks, Cyclone Sam is probably my favorite flat there, I don't or rarely do water rides, so I have no opinion on those. It is a very nice smaller size park, but to be honest, unless you want to do some other things in Kansas City it's probably not worth your time. I would say save your money for Carowinds or SFGAd.

KC does have a lot of cool things to do besides WoF. Of course, that means more money out of pocket. Honestly the main reason I went along with my friend was to eat at Joe's KC BBQ and the reason my friend went was to win a pair of Retro Air Jordan's #1 that they offered as a prize for a perfect score at 3 Point Challenge (video posted on YouTube) and of course, the BBQ.

Don't worry about missing Prowler, in it's current state, it's riding extremely rough compared to how it rode just a few years ago. That was disappointing because before Mystic Timbers it was my favorite GCI coaster and I've been on everyone in the United States except Gold Striker, Apocalypse and Renegade. I'm hoping to knock the California ones off the list by the end of the year. Timberwolf was an improvement over it's previous incarnation, new ending and some re-tracking was a much needed, but it's still hardly a top tier wood coaster. Patriot is a fun ride, it's nowhere near as intense Batman at SFSL, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, I would rank it towards the bottom of my top 10 B&M inverts in North America, once again, I've been on them all except the ones in California. Mamba has very little air time with the best part to me being the Camel-backs heading back to the station. Spinning Dragons is fun, but it's very similar, if not the same as Pandemonium at SFSL. Also the Boomerang experience can be "enjoyed" at SFSL.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input.   We lived in Omaha for 10 years and drove back to STL a couple of times a year when the boys were little so I have driven past it probably 40 times but we never visited.  The boys have old friends they want to see as well so probably best to use that day for that instead.  

What did you think of the new turn on The Boss?  I remember every time we hit that helix is right when I was just wishing the ride would be over.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

What did you think of the new turn on The Boss?  I remember every time we hit that helix is right when I was just wishing the ride would be over.  

I’ve only ridden The Boss once and that was years ago. I found it extremely rough and unenjoyable. I’ve been willing to give it another try a couple of times since, but it’s either been down or I haven’t found the time and opted for other rides. Namely multiple rides on American Thunder or a ride on Justice League. It’s rare that we spend a whole day at one park. After I pick up all coaster credits on a visit to a park, I usually just focus on a few rides that I really enjoy on my next visit to the same park. Safe travels and I hope your family has a great time.