Yelling at ride ops??

harmony29

14 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

^ Why would you do that and put your child at risk to just ride a ride? 

I suspect that some parents don't understand the safety issues and risks involved and falsely assume that height requirements are an arbitrary rule imposed by the park because the park feels like the ride is too scary or whatever for anyone smaller.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

I suspect that some parents don't understand the safety issues and risks involved and falsely assume that height requirements are an arbitrary rule imposed by the park because the park feels like the ride is too scary or whatever for anyone smaller.

It doesn’t help the situation when CF does just this thing on occasion.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I witnessed somebody yelling at one of the ushers at Gravity soon after she opened the doors for a show the other day.   The woman was unloading her stroller and complaining the whole time about how somebody should have come out and told her before the doors opened that it wasn't allowed inside, she was at the front of the line right next to the door and now look at all these people going past her, she could have unloaded it while she had been waiting if somebody had just come out to tell her that it wasn't allowed inside!

The usher was being very calm and just taking it, but as I went past I said quietly "well, there /are/ signs saying it..."

If the woman had been standing there right next to the door for as long as she was saying in her rant, she had plenty of time to notice the sign /right next to the door/  that says strollers must be left outside. Or to look around and notice all the other parents parking their strollers outside the doors...

Don't know where she thought she was going to be able to park it if it was allowed inside with her. Blocking access for other guests, I assume. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

The usher was being very calm and just taking it, but as I went past I said quietly "well, there /are/ signs saying it..."

And Magenta Lizard wins KIC today!

I listened to a lady rant about the stroller policy a few weeks ago.  She asked the attendant if she was supposed to leave her child outside in the stroller while they watch the show.  (Plus a few explicatives).  I pray for the children of these people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A guest yelling at KI employees should be grounds for removal from the park. No matter how long you waited in line, no matter how stale your food is, no matter how privileged you think you are because you "spent good money to be here," it is not okay to act this way. 

• Like 4

I feel a little bad, I looked at the sign outside the theater and apparently when they changed it this year, they omitted the strollers warning.

I still think it should be a little obvious you aren't going to have room to stash a stroller inside a theater, but it wasn't quite as obvious without the sign. 

On 7/22/2018 at 12:48 AM, Joshua said:

A guest yelling at KI employees should be grounds for removal from the park. No matter how long you waited in line, no matter how stale your food is, no matter how privileged you think you are because you "spent good money to be here," it is not okay to act this way. 

You catch the fish of the pond in which you fish.

One of the favorite stories that goes around Coney about me was last year when I was working the kiddie airplanes (a ride I wasn't even assigned to work, I'd just hopped in to help out the overwhelmed op) and got cussed out THREE TIMES over the course of an hour because the mini golf course was closed. Twice by the same person! My favorite was when I informed her it was due to low staffing (this was our last week of weekday operations and most of our rides kids were back in school), she told me I should have planned better. Yes, because clearly the person operating the kiddie airplanes is fully in control of staffing levels. 

As someone who has worked in rides at several parks over the last 7 years, you eventually learn to just let it roll off of you. I no longer get upset when a guest yells or swears at me because it happens so often. I have stepped in between guests and newer ride ops because I can take the abuse and still look you straight in the face and tell you no without hesitation. Long time ride ops also develop a very strong sarcasm response.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoF96" said:

Lol when I worked at Kentucky Kingdom, the last place in the entire park I wanted to be was kiddie land.  Not only were the rides extremely boring to watch, but you had to deal with “helicopter moms”.

EXCUSE ME HIS AIRPLANE WAS BROKEN. IT DIDN'T GO UP.

No, your kid is like 8 months old and can't pull back on a lever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

You catch the fish of the pond in which you fish.

While you aren't wrong, you get another end of the stick when your prices are high. Entitlement knows no limits. I've seen the same kind of people at Disney, only their behavior is far more demeaning of the staff, because they see themselves as some how on a different level of humanity than the people that are there "to serve them". We now live in a society that breeds people that believe that no matter what it is, the world should bend to their ideal treatment. 

2 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

While you aren't wrong, you get another end of the stick when your prices are high. Entitlement knows no limits. I've seen the same kind of people at Disney, only their behavior is far more demeaning of the staff, because they see themselves as some how on a different level of humanity than the people that are there "to serve them". We now live in a society that breeds people that believe that no matter what it is, the world should bend to their ideal treatment. 

I don't disagree with you in the least.

2 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

We now live in a society that breeds people that believe that no matter what it is, the world should bend to their ideal treatment. 

To be fair, I'm pretty sure entitlement has existed as long as humans have. 

13 hours ago, violakat03 said:

EXCUSE ME HIS AIRPLANE WAS BROKEN. IT DIDN'T GO UP.

No, your kid is like 8 months old and can't pull back on a lever.

The KK version of the planes, Flutterfly, where you have to pedal to go up.  There was an override switch on the panel which made all bikes or whatever they were go all the way up.  I tried to do it at least once a cycle if I saw a kid struggling to get up.  On the flip side if there was both a struggling kid and one that really wanted to stay at the bottom, I would still probably raise them up, ya know live a little.

• Like 2