Lockers at all rides

flightoffear1996

I like the idea, but considering how’s people are, they’ll complain about having to pay the smallest price of 2 dollars for 2 hours for every ride. Also, rides may have long queues so the locker might go over and cost extra. But only if the Park is that crowded.

39 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Why not just jack up the ticket prices some and have the lockers free?  I was riding Diamondback and it seemed like it took extra 2 minutes to dispatch a train because the ride attendants were busy dealing with loose articles.  

Universal Studios Florida offers free lockers in a couple spots.  Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit requires the use of a locker.  There is an amount of "Free" time based on the current wait plus a cushion.  After that, it charges.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

I really wish KI would allow no loose articles at any ride and require them to be left with a non rider or in a locker.  Operators dealing with putting loose articles in a bin seriously slow down the queues.  I mostly have noticed this on Diamondback. 

Agree 1000%.  Also have seperate admission Soak City.  The water park is much more pleasant at Cedar Point shores and water country usa.

Universal Studios Florida offers free lockers in a couple spots.  Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit requires the use of a locker.  There is an amount of "Free" time based on the current wait plus a cushion.  After that, it charges.

I was thinking this too. I was kind of annoyed to pay the locker fee at first bc I’m originally from Orlando and that was my experience at universal.
On another note, I noticed quite a few kids just hiding their bags behind bushes at Cedar Point, risky but clever lol.
  • Like 1

I honestly don't understand why people need to take a backpack full of stuff into the park. (I understand medical needs.) Even when we have all 3 of my kids we don't carry any more in than when we are at the park without them. We do push a stroller, but no big backpack of stuff. Anything I may need I can walk back to the car and get if necessary. The last thing I want to do at a park is carry stuff around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I honestly don't understand why people need to take a backpack full of stuff into the park. (I understand medical needs.) Even when we have all 3 of my kids we don't carry any more in than when we are at the park without them. We do push a stroller, but no big backpack of stuff. Anything I may need I can walk back to the car and get if necessary. The last thing I want to do at a park is carry stuff around. 

I see single people coming in with a backpack stuffed with crap all the time and dont understand.

Yea it seems unnecessary to carry all that extra stuff around. Even a purse for women isn't really needed, I'd say just take in a wallet with you or something for the day.

I have always thought something like the free lockers at Universal would be perfect but don't really see them doing it. But agree with those above that they should at least have transferable lockers. Just get a wristband that you can scan at different attractions. Can buy a locker for however long you think you'll need it for the park then just scan in and out at different locker stands by the rides. Do agree that it would be nice to have this policy for all rides (at least major ones) to help loading and dispatch faster.

• Like 1

Even though I try to keep my luggage down to things I can fit in my cargo pockets, I can understand the need for a backpack to some degree. If one intends to spend the entire operating day at the park, often changes of clothing/alternative clothing (like jackets or pants/shorts) are necessary. Personally, I use my truck as my locker for things like this, but teens are much more likely to be simply dropped off by parents in the morning, I would think. They'd need to carry in anything they want to change during the day. Also, people who have vehicles but don't get to the park as early as I do, it can be quite a hike through the lot since there aren't trams anymore. 

Even though I rarely use the lockers, if there was a season long roaming locker pass, I would seriously consider it just for the convenience of not always having to hike out to the truck if I buy something or come up with extra ways to squirrel away hats and gloves on Haunt nights (where it often starts at 70 degrees and ends in the 40s) when I can't go back out to the vehicle. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purdude86 said:

Yea it seems unnecessary to carry all that extra stuff around. Even a purse for women isn't really needed, I'd say just take in a wallet with you or something for the day.

I have always thought something like the free lockers at Universal would be perfect but don't really see them doing it. But agree with those above that they should at least have transferable lockers. Just get a wristband that you can scan at different attractions. Can buy a locker for however long you think you'll need it for the park then just scan in and out at different locker stands by the rides. Do agree that it would be nice to have this policy for all rides (at least major ones) to help loading and dispatch faster.

No wristband needed... The current equipment is used at other parks to run the transferable system...

Pick a 6 digit pin for the day... When you go up to a locker bank, you put the 6 digit pin in the kiosk, then it operates exactly the same as if you just paid for a locker... When you're done with the locker, hit 'End Rental' and your 6 digit pin will then let you rent a locker at another bank of lockers (this is to prevent people from taking up a locker at every bank of lockers at the same time)...

• Like 2

If they offered a season pass plan...

Im the first to admit I bring more stuff with me than I should.  I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old.... 

For one trip here is my go to in my bag:

2-3 diapers plus wipes (more in the care as needed)

Apple Sauce packets, small bite size snacks, crackers, pretzels

Sunscreen

Kid cup

Extra socks

Kids make you carry things you wouldnt think you need to.  

• Like 2

A bit harder for women to secure their key but I agree with Malem. SC generally requires you bring more stuff but as long as you can ditch your phone in the car and bring old towels and a cheap bag I don’t worry about my stuff.  If you arrive early enough you can park really close at SC.  Your clothes are not likely to be stolen but shoes maybe so I change those in the car. 

• Like 1

When I do Soak City solo, I show up as early as possible to park as close as possible, and wear my swim trunks as shorts on the way down. I leave everything in my trunk and enter the park barefoot with nothing except my swim trunks, waterproof car key tied to the drawstring of my swim trunks, and a small credit-card-sized beach safe containing my Platinum Pass and credit card, attached to the loop inside the pocket of my swim trunks with a carabiner. Everything else (phone, house keys, towel, shirt, shorts, shoes, etc.) stays in the trunk of my car. When I'm ready to dry off, I walk out to the car and get my towel out, dry off what hasn't already drip-dried, gather my clothes, and head back in to change for the rest of the day.

Also, I think late in the day (after 5pm, maybe?) all-day locker prices drop significantly, to where they're much more reasonable. I've done that too: go over in the evening and grab a cheap locker, especially for Gold Pass Slide Nights.