weather tomorrow

bigmanawesomenes

Welcome to KIC!

The threat of storms tomorrow should keep crowds low. Rides will stay up and running in the rain, but will close down depending on how close lightning is to the park. They are very good about getting up and running again as soon as it is safely possible, though. So if you're willing to tough out or take shelter during storms, you will be able to get in a lot of rides due to low crowds.

Often, storms avoid KI entirely and those days can be the best, because it still shouldn't be crowded. If rain and storms do hit, it can be a great time to check out shows in the Festhaus or KI Theater (I highly recommend Gravity even if it isn't raining) or do a little shopping or play in the Arcade. This week also has the Charles Schulz art gallery and Sketch School going on (indoors) in Planet Snoopy.

Right now, they're calling for a decent possibility of rain and storms on Wednesday as well. I also personally worry a little that the rain of the past few days is going to cause a large influx of people once the weather does turn nice again. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

I hope it stays cruddy. Overcast days with a threat of rain are the best! Low crowds and relatively short lines.

It made for a great day in the park on Sunday. Very little waits all day and only had about 45 min of rain all day.

• Like 2

Yeah, every day is different, but practically all of my "greatest days" at Kings Island have been when the weather was sketchy. Sometimes it feels like you have the park rented out to you and your family when everything is a walk-on---and it's amazing. I was there Sunday. It was not an empty park, but the threat of rain definitely enabled us to get a lot of rides in, and we were gone by 1:30pm just because. Just looking at the webcams tonight I can tell the park is empty and there's another hour+ to go. And it's dry, but hasn't been all day. It's amazing how many rides you can get in quickly when there's no lines!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

We are planning on coming down tomorrow.  Hoping the weather bubble is firm in place!   Of course, it’s our 14th visit if the season, so if it rains a lot, that’s okay too...

The KI bubble worked on Sunday! Only about 45 min of rain all day and pretty empty park on the dry side.

• Dane locked this topic