Patron injured on Twisted Timbers from flying cell phone

These high profile posts have certainly now put Cedar Fair in a predicament...If KI asked for them to removed and they are mocked and nothing further happens, this just opens the door wide-open to allowing this activity to happen.  If they go to Mason police with said post and ask for a misdemeanor charge and Mason police pull the ole "we are too busy to deal with that" or the "if we didn't see it, we can't ticket it", such activity will continue to happen.  If they go to Instagram or YouTube or Facebook or wherever the video is shown and report the post as illegal and they do nothing about it, then it will continue to happen. Might as well remove the signs and allow it to happen at that point - if it is a policy that cannot be enforced and has no consequences for getting caught, then what is the point?

Sad thing is I suspect these tennis players were provided free entry to the park and a staffer walked them up the exit to ride each ride...Nice way for these millionaires that can afford to pay to say thanks to the park!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

These high profile posts have certainly now put Cedar Fair in a predicament...If KI asked for them to removed and they are mocked and nothing further happens, this just opens the door wide-open to allowing this activity to happen.  If they go to Mason police with said post and ask for a misdemeanor charge and Mason police pull the ole "we are too busy to deal with that" or the "if we didn't see it, we can't ticket it", such activity will continue to happen.  If they go to Instagram or YouTube or Facebook or wherever the video is shown and report the post as illegal and they do nothing about it, then it will continue to happen. Might as well remove the signs and allow it to happen at that point - if it is a policy that cannot be enforced and has no consequences for getting caught, then what is the point?

Sad thing is I suspect these tennis players were provided free entry to the park and a staffer walked them up the exit to ride each ride...Nice way for these millionaires that can afford to pay to say thanks to the park!

They must push it forward, as people will try to do it as fans try to imitate what their favorite stars do.

• Like 1

It will be very interesting in the off season as CF management discusses what to do about their loose article policy such as cell phones on their coasters.  Universal discovered years ago it was cheaper to give free lockers for loose articles while riding (and checking with metal detectors for adherence) than face lawsuit cost of having a loose article hit somebody.  In my visits to Universal this summer to ride Hulk and Rip Rocket, not only did I have to leave my cell phone in the free locker, but after successfully passing through the metal dector, the attendant told me that my wallet (with no metal) in my cargo shorts zippered pocket must also be placed in a locker (I am still shocked about the wallet removal). If Cedar Fair is serious about their no loose articles policy on coasters, just telling violators to put the cell phone away is never going to work.  As coasters become taller, steeper banking/inversions, and faster, the problem will only become worse because there will always be one idiot that will want to take his video after leaving the station.  While I don’t want to see metal detectors at some of the CF coasters, Universal’s program has been very successful in maintaining rider safety from loose articles.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winterfestguy said:

...after successfully passing through the metal dector, the attendant told me that my wallet (with no metal) in my cargo shorts zippered pocket must also be placed in a locker (I am still shocked about the wallet removal).

This is exactly the opposite of what CF wants. They want you as close to your wallet as you can be at all times.

• Like 2