Cedar Point 06/20-06/22/18

KIBeast

First off, I am not going to make a huge report of the 3 days that we spent at Cedar Point. 1st day, we arrive at Hotel Breakers to pick up our tickets to begin our day. I haven't been since the renovations completed I believe 2 years ago. I must say, the change is very drastic and nothing short of amazing. Oddly enough, after being there for a day, I came to realize that I was in the same exact room I had stayed in previously, probably 10 years or more ago. The hotel staff was extremely polite, courteous, informational, and quick to get us on our way. I was also delighted that they now send you a text whenever your room is ready. 

Had one major hiccup, which was the key fob to my car being tossed out on one of their coasters. Thankfully it happened on the first day, so the people we called were able to break in the car and program a new key within an hour.

So, it was an exciting year as my son is now 53 1/2", so 5 new coasters to ride this summer. We walked in the Magnum gate and it was not running at that moment, so we went right over to Dragster. Wound up riding it 6 times in 3 days. The weather was spectacular all 3 days. First and last were overcast, which was like having a Fast Lane for the day and a half we didn't have one. Trey (my son) absolutely loved it and was not even the least bit nervous. We got to ride everything we wanted to including my first time on Valravn. I had never been on a dive coaster before and I will be the first to admit, I was completely wrong about this style of coaster. Highly thrilling. 

We did manage to get in 3 rides on Steel Vengeance in those three days, although not until the 2nd and 3rd day. By the time we waited to ride it on the first night, we had waited an hour and a half. We get to the top of the stairs and it closed due to maintenance issues for the night. They left Millennium Force open for anyone who wanted to go ride that, but I was in no mood to walk that far and then have to walk all the way around back to the hotel. When we did get to finally ride, I instantly said in the brake run that SV is easily the best coaster in the park. It's really THAT good.

On the 2nd day when we used our FL, we also had food and drink wristbands for the day. I must admit, I am not sure if we saved any money by including it in our hotel package, but the convenience of having pre-paid it was worth it alone.

All in all, a great time was had by all 3 of us. We purchased 9 on-ride photos and one gate photo. Also found a coasterdynamix nano coaster that I bought Trey. Easy to put together, but ran about $35. We all 3 bought t-shirts as well. Trey loved all of the new coasters he was able to ride. He loved Maverick especially. 

• Like 3

On 6/25/2018 at 12:25 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Loosing a FOB is my worst nightmare.   We lost 1 of 2 about 10 years ago and I think it was well over $100 to get a new one and programmed.   

Did you check out the model of SV being built in the Town Hall Museum?  Very impressive.  

Yes we did. I took a few pics of the model. Looks really impressive.