Woman falls under Diamondback train

BoddaH1994

8 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Wow! I had not heard about this at all. I suppose if one wasn’t paying attention it could be done, but that is certainly an interesting place to end up. 

I’m not sure how I feel about the park claiming she, “probably wasn’t paying attention.”  Maybe she slipped and fell. Maybe she tripped. Maybe she was unbluckling the seat belt and missteped between the trains. Things like this can and do happen but to imply that it happened because she was not doing her due dillagence kind of comes off as unprofessional, although I’m sure it wasn’t their intention.

i worked at DB for 2 summers and this never happend. Only way it could have happend was she was not paying attention. in that case she is lucky she did not bump her head on the yellow steel beam going across the station! Its almost near impossible for this to happen without some kind of messing around. but all in all glad she is okay! 

54 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

We need to retrofit the station so this never happens!  What a tragedy!

The retrofit will be the elimination of the bins!  The queue gates open in such a way to "force" you into your row, so she had to have fallen through by taking stuff over to the bins and on the way back to her seat she was probably talking with her daughters and not paying attention and simply walked behind the seats her daughters were going to and not realizing she was on the next car and fell through in between them...

25 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Is there even enough room between the train's cars for someone to get down there?

It appears to be so, but I'm still shocked that it happened.  Although as you and I both know, we should never be shocked by how "stupid" people can be.

25 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

The retrofit will be the elimination of the bins!  The queue gates open in such a way to "force" you into your row, so she had to have fallen through by taking stuff over to the bins and on the way back to her seat she was probably talking with her daughters and not paying attention and simply walked behind the seats her daughters were going to and not realizing she was on the next car and fell through in between them...

Is the consensus that having bins really helps you with time time between getting in line and the time you dispatch the ride? I'm not talking about capacity - that's different.  My observation has been that more often than not you get stuck behind someone that the greeter has to stop and explain to them that they need a locker.  If you're behind a mob of people it happens several times.  I think the comparison to how Banshee moves vs how DB moves is a little skewed too.  When the crew comes through and grabs loose articles I think that the capacity (and yes - I mean capacity this time) is mainly differential based on the seat belts alone.  Remember how quickly things moved in 2009?  Do you really think the consumer's behavior has changed all that much since then?  Souvenir cups, cell phones, plush, purses, and backpacks were all very much a thing back then too.

• Like 1

Do you really think the consumer's behavior has changed all that much since then?  Souvenir cups, cell phones, plush, purses, and backpacks were all very much a thing back then too.

I think consumer behavior has changed 10 fold as far as cell phone usage. They are glued to their phones to take photos, videos, Instagram, Snapchat, FB, I can keep going on. It’s a problem that is growing at an accelerated rate. People are so glued to their phones that they are putting themselves at risk of getting hit by cars, causing traffic accidents, not paying attention to important information, walking into things... and possibly falling though roller coaster queues. People need to learn how to disconnect for a while. GOD forbid we have an EMP or something that would knock out electronics. Half these people would have no clue how to function.
As far has souvenir cups, I think the park has taken the correct step by offering the cupless plan to reduce the number of cups being toted around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I think consumer behavior has changed 10 fold as far as cell phone usage. They are glued to their phones to take photos, videos, Instagram, Snapchat, FB, I can keep going on. It’s a problem that is growing at an accelerated rate. People are so glued to their phones that they are putting themselves at risk of getting hit by cars, causing traffic accidents, not paying attention to important information, walking into things... and possibly falling though roller coaster queues. People need to learn how to disconnect for a while. GOD forbid we have an EMP or something that would knock out electronics. Half these people would have no clue how to function.
As far has souvenir cups, I think the park has taken the correct step by offering the cupless plan to reduce the number of cups being toted around.

Yeah but they are pushing the drink cups hard right now... even if you have the drink plan. Not sure why.

7 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yeah but they are pushing the drink cups hard right now... even if you have the drink plan. Not sure why.

At CP as well.  Every time I go to a refresh station I am asked if I want to purchase a souvenir cup.  Why would I want to do that?   I should ask them if I did purchase the cup, would that mean my pass would have TWO drink plans on it then? :D  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They probably have a surplus of cups they are trying to get rid of and are really pushing upsells to increase per cap spending...let's face it with all the plans they need to upsell to increase revenue and these kids just try to upsell everyone regardless of if they already have the cup...they are pushing FunPix print outs too...

Ok back to this topic - it sounds like they allowed her to simply crawl back out and get on ride - does anyone else think that should be a temporary closure/e-stop as she did enter a confined space area...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

They probably have a surplus of cups they are trying to get rid of and are really pushing upsells to increase per cap spending...let's face it with all the plans they need to upsell to increase revenue and these kids just try to upsell everyone regardless of if they already have the cup...they are pushing FunPix print outs too...

Ok back to this topic - it sounds like they allowed her to simply crawl back out and get on ride - does anyone else think that should be a temporary closure/e-stop as she did enter a confined space area...

I HIGHLY doubt they allowed her to climb out.

44 minutes ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Is it possible that it is fake news and was taken down because it was inaccurate?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

That would be a violation of the "pics or it didn't happen" precedent that we have all accepted. 

Well...there is a pic.  On the twitter account of @kailyn_miles.  "Kail" described the event in her post.  The reporter in the now removed link did contact Kings Island and if I recall correctly, Kings Island acknowledged the event.  What is the standard of proof for allowing the topic and who decides?  Is it up to the whim of the moderators?

Tell us how you really feel. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk