Typhoon Twister @ SFStL Closed After Accident

That’s to bad and happy to hear no serious injuries.   When I was there two weeks ago they were still installing it.  Unfortunately they took out a rather tall body “speed” slide tower to fit it in rather than expand the waterpark. 

I have mixed feelings about those cloverleaf rafts. They are fun but as bigger person I don’t fit in them very well and could easily fall out if I lost my grip on the handles.   Although I meet the weight requirements for regular tubes I routinely flip over on tube slides and end up going down the rest of the slide on my back so I have curtailed my use of those until I am loose some more.  I think it is a combination of mass and higher center of gravity as my bottom doesn’t fit down in the tube far enough.  

Tip to anyone that flips on a tube slide, flip to your back if you can preferably feet first.  A couple of times I didn’t and banged up my knees a bit.  Exiting into the splash pool on your stomach is a bit dangerous.  

FYI I was chatting with a guard there and they are using Ellis, the same company CP and KI use, for their guard training and cert.  So they are doing the whole head nod scan thing as well.  

• Like 2