Ask Kings Island a Question

IndyGuy4KI

1. There aren't too many books about Kings Island's history. Would the park ever consider allowing someone like Images of America to publish a book, similar to their one about LaSourdsville Lake? 

2. Has the park considered adding more random encounters in Mystic Timber's shed, such as aliens from Flight of Fear and The Beast's claws? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

1. There aren't too many books about Kings Island's history. Would the park ever consider allowing someone like Images of America to publish a book, similar to their one about LaSourdsville Lake? 

2. Has the park considered adding more random encounters in Mystic Timber's shed, such as aliens from Flight of Fear and The Beast's claws? 

1. That is a good idea there should be a book based on the history of Kings Island, even going back to before Kings Island even existed. By the way I have both Beast books by R.L. STINE on my shelf in my room. :)

2. Great idea maybe they should make references to the other rides in the park I was thinking that Diamondback, Beast, Flight of Fear, The Bat, and Banshee would fit perfectly in the ending shed scene for Mystic Timbers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

2. Great idea maybe they should make references to the other rides in the park I was thinking that Diamondback, Beast, Flight of Fear, The Bat, and Banshee would fit perfectly in the ending shed scene for Mystic Timbers.

Not sure how to make a spoiler tag, but I'm sure 90% of people reading this have rode MT. But there are two of those "creatures" in the shed now. I agree, I'd love to see the others though. 

11 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

By the way I have both Beast books by R.L. STINE on my shelf in my room. :)

Stine hosted a Q&A on his Twitter the other day. I asked him if he ever thought about writing another Beast book. Unfortunately, he didn't answer it. It was worth a shot as I was interested in him saying something about the park and those books. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joshua said:

Stine hosted a Q&A on his Twitter the other day. I asked him if he ever thought about writing another Beast book. Unfortunately, he didn't answer it. It was worth a shot as I was interested in him saying something about the park and those books. 

Maybe he should write another book based on a newer attraction like Banshee or Diamondback or even Mystic Timbers, honestly I really hope that one day R.L. Stine can make a made for TV movie based on his Beast books.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Maybe he should write another book based on a newer attraction like Banshee or Diamondback or even Mystic Timbers, honestly I really hope that one day R.L. Stine can make a made for TV movie based on his Beast books.

Mystic Timbers would be perfect for Stine. Does he still come to the park?

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 10:45 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

Last night I had a night ride on Beast, with bright flashes of lightning from a still-distant storm. I asked the friend I was riding with if lightning struck the coaster, it becomes a time-machine, right?

On 9/1/2018 at 12:35 PM, silver2005 said:

^Beast doesn't go 88 mph. ;)

More like Slingshot lol ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • When the 4 latest coaster installations at the park (Firehawk, Diamondback,, Banshee and Mystic Timbers), where their other options for the types of coasters thrown in to the pool of ideas? For example, could we have seen a different style coaster like a wing, floorless or another concept by another company instead of a B&M Invert?
  • When Firehawk was relocated to the park, where their other options that where thought of for anew coaster? Maybe receiving Dominator or Steel Venom?
  • Would the park ever consider maybe giving a smaller tour around the park right after Winterfest sort of similar to Winter Chill Out at Cedar Point or like Kings Louis's Winter Walkthrough?
  • Has there been any thought as to possibly keeping Halloween Haunt open for one straight week during the week of Halloween?
  • Does the park hope to keep blog tours continued in 2019?
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

The Q3 conference call mentioned CF cutting 350,000 payroll hours.  Cedar Point has posted 2019 park hours and will no longer have 11PM weekday closings.  Will Kings Island be reducing operating hours in 2019 as well?

I don't think that would have a tantamount change to the overall operation of the park.  I wouldn't think KI would change their hours up much but you never know.

For reference (and this is just simplified math with non-specific numbers, each park has different numbers of course and different parks have different employment numbers, this is simply averaged with 9 parks and each park having 100 operating days):

350,000 hours/9 parks=38,888 hours per park

38,888 hours/100 days= 388.88 hours per day to cut

388.88 hours/1000 employees=.388 hours cut per employee

If someone here who knows much more detailed information across parks could plug in numbers and add in for out of park operations, I think the number would be much smaller.  I would guess the company would be quicker to close parks for weather/small attendance days and perks like end of season ERT and possibly eliminate duplicate positions.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Backlot Stunt Coaster#1 said:

Why dont you have your good coasters open for Winterfest?

Some people consider Mystic Timbers, Flight of Fear, and Great Pumpkin coaster as "good coasters".  I take it that you do not.  Here are the main reasons (I am sure that others will chime in).

The coasters all have an minimum operating temperature that they need to abide by.  This is dictated by the structure, ride design, and car design.  Typically but not always, Winterfest is below these temperatures.  They have to be at these temperature to start operations.  They can run below this temperature if they are sufficiently warmed up and continue to run.

The annual maintenance is going on the trains right now.  They are taken all of the way down, inspected, cleaned up, and reassembled.  Mystic Timbers and Flight of Fear are down a train currently with these trains being in the shop.  I know smaller parks can do this quicker, but think about all of the coasters with all of the trains / cars on each.  It is quite a bit of work.  Personally, I would rather them do this over the winter months than to take it down in the warm weather when the season is open.

• Like 4