Ask Kings Island a Question

IndyGuy4KI

25 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I saw that video. Someone who went also told me that the kid who asked it disappeared after that.

And to this very day if you listen closely you can still hear his screams echoing through the back of Rivertown. Although, that could also be screams of disbelief when people see the price of beer at Potato Works. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, presto123 said:

Any chance in hell that The Beast eventually gets the RMC treatment?

I would think we would see a ground up RMC before would ever see a RMC Beast. 

RMC conversions are for coasters that need fixed and having problems. Beast does not fall in those categories.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

RMC conversions are for coasters that need fixed and having problems. Beast does not fall in those categories.

something something trim brakes something something

;)

This might be blasphemous, but I really wouldn't be even slightly upset if Beast was lovingly and GENTLY reprofiled using RMC's Topper Track in select areas to get rid of trim brakes. I don't think it needs the Steel Vengeance treatment, but I feel like airtime was meant to be at least a little present in its layout and would be if it wasn't constantly getting slowed down. (Imagine the hill after the first drop if it didn't have two sets brakes beforehand? The front of the train even gives little hops as it slows currently.) I don't want to add elements or anything; just do what needs done to make what's there work. I feel like the trains would need to be able to articulate a little more to make that happen, so I'd give it new articulating PTCs, too.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Could we ever see an Intamin Blitz coaster in the park?

* I know i'll get crap for this question lol Oh well.*

I really wish we’d see a blitz but I think The only way that’s happening is if Intamin really really tried to sweet talk current management into working with the company again. Intamin’s are just risky investments.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

Why even ask that lol if you weren't at Coaster Stock last year someone asked that at lunch and the whole pavilion went crazy lol 

Like I care what a bunch of coaster freak nerds think? LMAO! I've always loved The Beast, but I couldn't care less about preserving the "integrity" of the ride. Anybody with half a brain can see that The Beast could be vastly improved with a smoother ride and more speed. They wouldn't have to do the full RMC treatment like somebody said. The cost would probably be pretty low without doing full treatment. Would also up attendance for awhile because everybody would have to try the new Beast. Would save on chiropractic costs as well:)

4 hours ago, presto123 said:

Like I care what a bunch of coaster freak nerds think? LMAO! I've always loved The Beast, but I couldn't care less about preserving the "integrity" of the ride. Anybody with half a brain can see that The Beast could be vastly improved with a smoother ride and more speed. They wouldn't have to do the full RMC treatment like somebody said. The cost would probably be pretty low without doing full treatment. Would also up attendance for awhile because everybody would have to try the new Beast. Would save on chiropractic costs as well:)

I could see an argument for that like 10 years ago but honestly I feel like it has had some good years recently. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I understand that but if the park is at capacity is there enough shelter for everyone. I have been at the park durning a warning some years back and stood in one of the IE Street shops. Nothing happened of course but Im sure that is not the safest place to be 

Every area has a designated shelter in case of emergencies, when I worked at Racer we were told to shelter under the station as close to the center as possible.

• Like 1

They are safer than being out in the open, especially if a tornado is headed to the park. I know at one point, Action Theater was a designated storm shelter. 

When I worked at the park we were told that we should encourage any/all guests to seek shelter with us (though we couldn't force them) in our designated areas. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 1:30 PM, scoriell said:

Every area has a designated shelter in case of emergencies, when I worked at Racer we were told to shelter under the station as close to the center as possible.

to second this, when i worked at Mystic Timbers and Race fro your life charlie brown as well as other rides in Rivertown, our emergency weather location was either White Water Canyon's turntable and/or former Crypt building

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 12:26 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

I understand that but if the park is at capacity is there enough shelter for everyone. I have been at the park durning a warning some years back and stood in one of the IE Street shops. Nothing happened of course but Im sure that is not the safest place to be 

There's places you wouldn't really think of as shelters that can be used as shelters. Example: When I worked in KillMart, if I remember correctly (It's been a few years) the tornado safety area for that was the walk in freezer for Jukebox Diner.

• Like 1

I have heard sirens while in the park before but they were very faint and sounded like they were outside of the park (I was also towards an outer edge of the inside of the park). I've been in the park a handful of times when they've done the message over the loud speaker to take shelter. One of the times they even closed the two indoor rides because of how bad they thought it was going to get but it blew over. This was all just for thunderstorms though