Ask Kings Island a Question

IndyGuy4KI

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Imperial79 said:

I know the park is kinda busy right now,  getting things ready for 2019 opening day, but is there anything left from King Cobra in the park?  I heard there was some trains in the Flight of Fear building, I wonder if that's true?  

IIRC, they were still there when I did rope rescue training 9 years ago, but since then they were moved or sent away. I believe other trains have since been housed there, but for the life of me, I can't remember which ones. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2019 at 9:49 AM, TombRaiderFTW said:

I believe the trains were sent to Kings Dominion to be used for share parts for Shockwave.

Correct.

However with that the legend is true: the King Cobra trains were stored inside Flight of Fear for many years before being shipped to KD for Shockwave parts.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, TombRaiderFTW said:

This might be blasphemous, but I really wouldn't be even slightly upset if Beast was lovingly and GENTLY reprofiled using RMC's Topper Track in select areas to get rid of trim brakes. I don't think it needs the Steel Vengeance treatment, but I feel like airtime was meant to be at least a little present in its layout and would be if it wasn't constantly getting slowed down. (Imagine the hill after the first drop if it didn't have two sets brakes beforehand? The front of the train even gives little hops as it slows currently.) I don't want to add elements or anything; just do what needs done to make what's there work. I feel like the trains would need to be able to articulate a little more to make that happen, so I'd give it new articulating PTCs, too.

But herein lies the problem. I don't think that what you're suggesting is nearly as simple as it sounds...

First off, IIRC, hasn't RMC stated they only do topper-track ground up? (ie. if they're going to alter an existing ride, it has to be I-box) I'm skeptical as to whether 'partial RMC treatment' even exists. Or at least, if it does, it has not come into fruition, and for good reason. If you have woodie with some rough patches but is otherwise well-functioning , that's what GCI is for...

Even if they were to reprofile certain areas with topper track, they would likely need to significantly alter the design of it in order to fit the guaging and style of the conventionally built track all ready there. It would also need to conform to the PTCs too instead of RMC's own specially designed trains.

AND, this isn't even considering the added speed potentially putting undue stress on the structure and/or throw off the calculus of the rest of the layout.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, TombRaiderFTW said:

...Imagine the hill after the first drop if it didn't have two sets brakes beforehand? The front of the train even gives little hops as it slows currently....

We can only imagine...but as you may have heard, Dennis Spiegel, along with a select group of park higher-ups/managers/engineers can tell you EXACTLY what the hill after the first drop was like without the two sets of brakes beforehand. :) 

Lest we forget, those brakes are there for a VERY GOOD REASON.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:06 PM, presto123 said:

Like I care what a bunch of coaster freak nerds think? LMAO! I've always loved The Beast, but I couldn't care less about preserving the "integrity" of the ride. Anybody with half a brain can see that The Beast could be vastly improved with a smoother ride and more speed. They wouldn't have to do the full RMC treatment like somebody said. The cost would probably be pretty low without doing full treatment. Would also up attendance for awhile because everybody would have to try the new Beast. Would save on chiropractic costs as well:)

This isn't about "preserving the integrity of the ride" as much as it about what's wise from an investment standpoint.

It doesn't make sense to try out all these risky alterations in an attempt to "fix" something that isn't truly broken in the first place.

As has been mentioned time and time and time again, the park likely would be better off just building something ground up - whether that be an RMC or something different altogether.

I am confused about how FunPix works. A majority of my friends decided to get gold passes this year, I added on FunPix so we can get pictures together. I have never had FunPix, and the FAQ section on KI's website is unclear. Does FunPix only include digital pictures or prints as well?

I have had the drink plan for the past 2-3 years, and a gold pass for over 12-13 years now. I am just now getting brave enough to spend money on the add-ons, now that I have seen the need for certain ones! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonFreak said:

I am confused about how FunPix works. A majority of my friends decided to get gold passes this year, I added on FunPix so we can get pictures together. I have never had FunPix, and the FAQ section on KI's website is unclear. Does FunPix only include digital pictures or prints as well?

I have had the drink plan for the past 2-3 years, and a gold pass for over 12-13 years now. I am just now getting brave enough to spend money on the add-ons, now that I have seen the need for certain ones! 

I don't have it but I believe it's just digital with some discounts on print stuff.

8 minutes ago, standbyme said:

If it is like the two previous years, you can load any picture on your card to have digitally...and/or purchase a print for $5.00. It is an EXCELLENT bargain!

Okay, thanks! This will be GOLDEN this season. Two of my friends have the most hilarious reactions on rides! 

16 hours ago, LondonFreak said:

Okay, thanks! This will be GOLDEN this season. Two of my friends have the most hilarious reactions on rides! 

I believe they allow the Funpix to be attached to 2 passes.  I got Funpix for my grandson and he has it on his pass and I have it on my pass as well.  May be worth asking.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, robintodd said:

I believe they allow the Funpix to be attached to 2 passes.  I got Funpix for my grandson and he has it on his pass and I have it on my pass as well.  May be worth asking.

Thanks! Will the passes have to have been bought with the same account? My boyfriend and I have renewed our passes the past two years on the same account. 

5 hours ago, LondonFreak said:

Thanks! Will the passes have to have been bought with the same account? My boyfriend and I have renewed our passes the past two years on the same account. 

Not sure.  I bought my grandson's pass.  You'll have to ask.

• Like 1

So, I have another question in light of a conversation I had with @malem and co while riding the Train on Opening Day... will anything special be done for WaterWorks’ (Soak City) 30th anniversary? I would totally get in line for a throwback T-shirt!!! :D #shutupandtakemymoney lol

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

With the removal of the Reds HOF grille, I doubt this will happen, but will you have Reds players (current or former) at the park in 2019?  And if so can it be announced earlier? 

So Reds day at the park is independent of Reds HOF Grill. In fact, I don’t think I recall any of the players making appearances there. 

Also, my understanding is that Reds Day is announced so late because the availability of the players isn’t necessarily set in stone months in advance.

If history is any indication they’ll announce it after the 4th and it will be a little before Labor Day.

• Like 2

On April 24, 2019 at 11:41 PM, MDMC01 said:

I would totally get in line for a throwback T-shirt!!! :D #shutupandtakemymoney lol

I would love to see more throwback shirts in general, especially for defunct rides.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, Winterfestguy said:

With the new re-imagined royal fountain containing jets, what has happened to the former fountain pedestals?  Were they destroyed, sold to someone else, sold for scrap, placed in storage somewhere, etc?

I was wondering the same thing. Sorry everyone skipped over your question there.

On 4/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, Winterfestguy said:

With the new re-imagined royal fountain containing jets, what has happened to the former fountain pedestals?  Were they destroyed, sold to someone else, sold for scrap, placed in storage somewhere, etc?

I was wondering the same thing! My I went with my boyfriend and two of our friends today. I liked the pedestals that used to be in the fountain, but I also liked how the new fountain looked. I wonder if they will bring them back for a 60th anniversary? 

Are there any t-shirts or souvenirs related to Smurf ice cream? I only saw one, which was a shirt in the Emporium that says "Blue ice cream makes me happy" but it was just words on a heather gray t shirt. It wasn't even blue and didn't have a cone on it! I would get something cute in a heartbeat.

You should still be able to get free water at any food or drink location.

You cannot. For example the soda machines at la Rosa on I street were recently replaced with machines that no longer have a water button... And as such there are no water cups available. So was this just an oversight, or are they trying to intentionally get out of the water cup cost ongoing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk