Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So today I was at Cedar Point and after waiting two and a half hours for Steel Vengeance a very rude ride operator kicked me off because I was “too unfit” to ride. In addition, there was an entire group of about twenty people on the exit platform who also appeared to have been removed from the ride, two people from my train were removed in addition.

I don’t know if it’s just a Steel Vengance or RMC thing or if I’m just overweight. I’m 6’2 and 260 pounds and I’ve never had that problem, I did research though and it does turn out that Millenium Force and Maverick have height restrictions (can’t be over 52 inches)

So to sum it up I wanna know if there are any rides at Kings Island I can’t ride. Been there several times but I don’t have much credits. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry about your experience at Steel Vengeance. RMC restraints aren't the most accommodating, being designed to closely hold the rider's lap and lower legs. It's not necessarily about having too much weight; it's all about your specific body proportions. When I was last there, a ride op was advising every rider to try the test seat before entering the line, unless they had already ridden Steel Vengeance.

I can't say for sure if you'll have problems with anything at KI, but I wouldn't be too worried - especially if you fit into Millennium Force. Drop Tower could be a problem; the restraint is especially tight for tall people. I recommend checking out other threads on the topic of fitting into rides: https://kicentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33000-can-i-ride-the-kings-island-roller-coasters/

Welcome to KIC, by the way! Let us know how your visit goes.

1 hour ago, nope.exe said:

I did research though and it does turn out that Millenium Force and Maverick have height restrictions (can’t be over 52 inches) 

To correct your typo, 52 inches is the minimum height restriction on those rides.

Some rides do have maximum height restrictions, though you don't need to worry about these at 6'2". At Kings Island, the shortest maximum height restriction is 6'4" for Delirium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, malem said:

I'm sorry about your experience at Steel Vengeance. RMC restraints aren't the most accommodating, being designed to closely hold the rider's lap and lower legs. It's not necessarily about having too much weight; it's all about your specific body proportions. When I was last there, a ride op was advising every rider to try the test seat before entering the line, unless they had already ridden Steel Vengeance.

I can't say for sure if you'll have problems with anything at KI, but I wouldn't be too worried - especially if you fit into Millennium Force. Drop Tower could be a problem; the restraint is especially tight for tall people. I recommend checking out other threads on the topic of fitting into rides: https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33000-can-i-ride-the-kings-island-roller-coasters/

Welcome to KIC, by the way! Let us know how your visit goes.

To correct your typo, 52 inches is the minimum height restriction on those rides.

Some rides do have maximum height restrictions, though you don't need to worry about these at 6'2". At Kings Island, the shortest maximum height restriction is 6'4" for Delirium.

 Yeah I have no intention of riding Delirium for motion sickness reasons but I’ve rode Drop Tower before, but in that case I think I’m okay. It just seems like the body proportions for Steel Vengeance are oddly specific.

 

And thanks for the welcome! I had an account before but I didn’t post anything, so technically this is my first post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nope.exe said:

 Yeah I have no intention of riding Delirium for motion sickness reasons but I’ve rode Drop Tower before, but in that case I think I’m okay. It just seems like the body proportions for Steel Vengeance are oddly specific.

 

And thanks for the welcome! I had an account before but I didn’t post anything, so technically this is my first post

I can't fit on Drop Tower without some die hard stapling, and it's not even worth it for me to try. Also Wicked Twister I really don't fit on, but can occasionally get stapled on if I'm in the right seat.

 

SV I can do just fine though. It's tight but I can get the light green even on my own. Sometimes our bodies are just really different in how we carry weight. I'm also 5'11 and 272.

Through out the day our bodies tend to swell rather substantially as well because of dehydration and water retention. I used to have to even loosen my watch a whole size about halfway through the day. So if I was gaining that much in my wrist, it's hard to tell how much everywhere else I was holding water at. Also everything has a machining tolerance, so some seats MIGHT give more space than others. But it's going to be a small, small margin. Likely it wouldn't even be noticeable because how you're sitting at that moment (all the way back holding legs together or apart etc) will have a bigger impact, as well as that current moment body proportions. 

 

You should be just fine with everything at KI except maybe Drop Tower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×