Has anyone been the only one on a certain ride before

OTTER9919

Yesterday I was going in the line for The Bat(and yes,I got my steps in for the day)and I realized no one else was is line,I also realize that this is probably because yesterday,the park was open until 12,it was the best feeling ever knowing I was the only one on The Bat,has anyone else ever experienced this before?

• Like 1

Enthusiasts call these zen rides and they’re awesome.

At Kings Island, I’ve only gotten a zen ride on Vortex but came close on The Beast and Banshee a few years back. The Banshee ride had just two people on the train, with me in the front row and someone else in Row 8.

I got multiple consecutive zen rides on Blue Streak up at Cedar Point a few years back. The ops either let me stay in my seat or change rows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Just now, Hoeter said:

Enthusiast call these zen rides.

At Kings Island, I’ve only gotten a zen ride on Vortex but came close on The Beast and Banshee a few years back. The Banshee ride had just two people on the train, with me in the front row and someone else in Row 8.

I got multiple consecutive zen rides on Blue Streak up at Cedar Point a few years back. The ops either let me stay in my seat or change rows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never knew they were called zen rides,thanks for telling me that,I’ve noticed that people are starting to forget rides like The Bat and Vortex sometimes,and sometimes people don’t even know that The Bat is there,and yesterday,I think if the park didn’t do fireworks at 10,most of the crowd would still be there,I’ve also gotten a zen ride on AE a lot 

I was up at the park yesterday. A couple of friends were in town from St. Louis and they wanted to visit Kings Island. Their last visit was in 2014 when Banshee opened. They spent Thursday and half of Friday up at Cedar Point to a dead park both days. My friend advised that he got multiple walk on rides at Millennium Force on Thursday and was able to get in 5 Steel Vengeance rides.

Yesterday at Kings Island was no exception. Our group was able to hit Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, The Beast, WWC, Backlot Stunt Coaster, WindSeeker, Vortex, and Racer before 1:30pm and we got there at 11. I've never really noticed a line at Vortex or The Bat anytime I've ridden it. I did notice that the Arrow coasters (Adventure Express, Vortex, and The Bat) beat me up more than usual yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Hoeter said:

I was up at the park yesterday. A couple of friends were in town from St. Louis and they wanted to visit Kings Island. Their last visit was in 2014 when Banshee opened. They spent Thursday and half of Friday up at Cedar Point to a dead park both days. My friend advised that he got multiple walk on rides at Millennium Force on Thursday and was able to get in 5 Steel Vengeance rides.

Yesterday at Kings Island was no exception. Our group was able to hit Diamondback, The Beast, WWC, Backlot Stunt Coaster, WindSeeker, Vortex, and Racer before 1:30pm and we got there at 11. I've never really noticed a line at Vortex or The Bat anytime I've ridden it. I did notice that the Arrow coasters (Adventure Express, Vortex, and The Bat) beat me up more than usual yesterday.

Were you at the park all day until close yesterday,the park seemed to get really empty after the firework show went on

I was there until 5:00. We ended up getting in another ride on Mystic Timbers, Adventure Express, The Bat, and Banshee. It was a scorcher yesterday and I was phoning it in from 1:30 onward.

I did see Banshee down twice yesterday. Once while in the line for Adventure Express and the train was stopped about halfway up the lift. The second one occurred as I was the next to board. This one required an evacuation as the first two rows were already going up the lift hill and the rest of the train was level on the approach to it. It looked to be serious as EMS, 3 or four maintenance guys, as well as Mike Koontz (GM) and Doug Kramer (Director of Safety) was on scene.

I have experienced “zen rides” on Vortex, WindSeeker, Mystic Timbers, Adventure Express, Red Racer (if I remember correctly), Zephyr and the Grand Carousel.

I still remember my very first zen ride on Vortex on September 26, 2010. The op said we had the option of staying on, and everyone else left except I; this happened twice!

My first zen ride ever was actually at the Greene County Fair in 2006 or 2007, where I was the only one aboard my then-favorite ride, called “The Spring” (which was a smaller version of “The Scream Machine” at Coney Island).

• Like 3

I have also taken special (and more important!) zen rides on Vortex, WindSeeker, The Bat, Monster, Scrambler, Dodgem, Red Racer, Zephyr, Flume, Linus Launcher, Shake Rattle & Roll, and Flight of Fear (with lights on!) for many a morning; my fellow ride ops call them test rides. :)

• Like 3

Probably doesn't count as a "zen ride", but our family of five did Stunt Coaster 2x in a row one morning all by ourselves. And also Adventure Express on an absolutely freezing April evening when no sane person was left in the park. Had the entire Coney Mall stretch essentially to ourselves that night as well.

• Like 3

I've had plenty of Zen Rides on stuff! My most recent was that I got a Zen ride on Cedar Creek Mine Ride, which was pretty entertaining! Also, the guy who was at the station when the train returned also got a Zen Ride! 

Other Zen Rides include: Mystery Mine at Dollywood (I found the beginning of the ride to be a little spoopy as I was the only one on board), Shoot the Rapids at Cedar Point (my one and  only ride on it), Wild Mouse at Dorney Park (a truly interesting ride, even without it being a Zen Ride...) and FoF, all three Ki water rides, The Bat, Zephyr, and Deliirium (during ERT one Saturday morning)

I came unbearably close to a few zen rides on my trip including Ravine Flyer II and Comet at Waldameer with malem,  Thunderhawk, Steel Force, Possessed,  and Twister (not counting single car coasters like wild mice, spinners, etc).  

I have had a few, but my two favorites are:

Viking Fury...being the only one on the ship was awkward, especially when you outnumber the crew.

The Beast. (Front row of course.) This was over 10 years ago, it was a cold rainy October day...not too many brave souls out and about that day. (There loss!) It was so much fun having the whole train to myself and something I'll always remember.

• Like 1