The Flat Ride Speculation Thread

Rivertown Rider

16 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Soaring Timbers would be a welcomed addition to the park.

It's by far one of the worse flats in the park... The cycle they run it on is beyond tame, and the seats cram you in there like a multi-person straight jacket... I'd compare the seats on it to another ride, but I can't think of one that is that bad...

If you're near it, just skip it and ride Lumberjack twice :P

41 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

The giant claw looking ride would be awesome to have at KI.

Unfortunately, the Jump^2 is one of a kind for a reason... They haven't built another because this one is a maintenance headache and has more downtime than the rest of the flats in the park combined... Should you ever see it running, ride it ASAP before it breaks again... And when it goes down, it could be a day, week or month to get the part to fix :(

It IS a great flat though...

15 minutes ago, Honorarius said:

Unfortunately, the Jump^2 is one of a kind for a reason... They haven't built another because this one is a maintenance headache and has more downtime than the rest of the flats in the park combined... Should you ever see it running, ride it ASAP before it breaks again... And when it goes down, it could be a day, week or month to get the part to fix :(

It IS a great flat though...

Ahhh shucks its a HUSS right? No wonder why its that bad.

Someone said it earlier, but I really want an Enterprise back. I loved Witches Wheel at Cedar Point and Volcano at Kennywood, and recently rode Scream Xtreme (Zamperla Endeavor) at KK. I'd love to see them bring back a Skylab sized Enterprise, as we'd need the capacity. 

Another great ride is the Zamperla Hawk, like Kennywood's Aero 360. Similar to the old Intamin Looping Starships, but with higher capacity and two counter-rotating pods. 

I think an Air Race or similar style ride would make a great fit for X-Base along with an Enterprise to round out the land and give it variety. Both could easily be themed to an air base.

i think a Screamin Swing would be a great addition to the park as a whole and while it would fit X-Base well I think it could work well in Rivertown. Tear down the Crypt building and put it there with a mining rig theme and use the existing queue to keep the mine theme. It could even be worked in the the Mystic Timbers story of the area.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see Oktoberfest be the next general section of the dry park to get some love after the presumed Giga next year.  My predictions:

2020- Giga/Xbase improvements

2021- Planet Snoopy expansion: Teacups (see Woodstock Whirlybirds at KD and Carowinds) and Pig Pen's Mud Buggies added; Woodstock Gliders relocated to Coney Mall and re-named Flying Eagles and placed where 3-point Challenge is now; 3-point Challenge relocated to Action Zone)

2022- Oktoberfest (Musik Express and Screamin' Swing added; Hank's re-themed to German eatery; new pathway opened between Viking Fury and Coney bathrooms; Airbrush stand relocated)

2023- Soak City refurb

2024- RMC ground-up wooden coaster in Action Zone; Congo Falls demolished

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

2022- Oktoberfest (Musik Express and Screamin' Swing added; Hank's re-themed to German eatery; new pathway opened between Viking Fury and Coney bathrooms; Airbrush stand relocated)

Dude that's where K.I. 50th anniversary will be, So Oktoberfest won't get a new flat ride. But it will expand to Action Zone some time soon.

13 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Dude that's where K.I. 50th anniversary will be, So Oktoberfest won't get a new flat ride. But it will expand to Action Zone some time soon.

Do you have a source for that? You should probably preface it with “I think.”

• Like 1

I really hope we get some new flats in the next couple years. The park has a great coaster lineup but a little weak on the flats.

a screaming swing in X-Base would be a great addition with the new coaster. A return of Der Spinning Keggers to Oktoberfest and a new top spin themed to lumber or mining in Rivertown would be great.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I know its probs out of the question but i'd like a new flume to finally replace KKBC and maybe reclaim its place near Beast / tan box.

I would love that too! That big ugly box in Rivertown blocks off great land for new flats and potentially a new log flume! I just don’t know if Cedar Fair will invest in another log flume/water ride after how the last one turned out... 

Spoiler

We have Intamin to thank for that!

12 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I would love that too! That big ugly box in Rivertown blocks off great land for new flats and potentially a new log flume! I just don’t know if Cedar Fair will invest in another log flume/water ride after how the last one turned out... 

Reveal hidden contents

There are other companies who make flumes. They don't have to use Intamin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

There are other companies who make flumes. They don't have to use Intamin.

This is true, but the main companies who make log flumes are Intamin and Mack. I could see us getting a Mack water ride though, maybe something like a Mack PowerSplash...