The Flat Ride Speculation Thread

Rivertown Rider

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Good point @Maverick44! Cedar Fair works with them pretty often for new water slides, so I see that as a possibility!

One could only hope at this point lol I hope Flumes back a comeback. Such great rides. I really miss KKBC. I also remember riding RFYLCB when it was its original name ( can't remember what it is). I loved how it winds through the trees.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

One could only hope at this point lol I hope Flumes back a comeback. Such great rides. I really miss KKBC. I also remember riding RFYLCB when it was its original name ( can't remember what it is). I loved how it winds through the trees.

We got Paramount to thank for KKBC being torn down. A beige box is not a worthy replacement in my opinion. I just don’t know if Cedar Fair will spend the thousand and thousands of dollars to have the Tomb Raider building torn down. I feel like they would rather put another ride in the building. Has anyone ever heard of indoor an log flume? LOL!

18 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

After doing some searching it looks like Arrow also makes or used to make Flumes. I had no idea lol

Arrow built KKBC and RFYLCB. Or I guess Arrow Development did, which should be the same thing. Unfortunately they are out of business now with their assets being bought by S&S.

• Like 1

Double post, but who cares. It would be cool if the park could build something like this with the rollercoaster part being inside the Tomb Raider building (there is already plumbing and electrical in there), and then have it come out of the side of building into a huge splashdown! It is a modern take on the old log flume, and it looks to be even more thrilling! I know it is an Intamin, but all jokes aside, one of these days, Cedar Fair will have to start working with them again.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Arrow built KKBC and RFYLCB. Or I guess Arrow Development did, which should be the same thing. Unfortunately they are out of business now with their assets being bought by S&S.

I think you mean KCKC. It wasn’t Kenton’s Kove Beelboat Canal.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Double post, but who cares. It would be cool if the park could build something like this with the rollercoaster part being inside the Tomb Raider building (there is already plumbing and electrical in there), and then have it come out of the side of building into a huge splashdown! It is a modern take on the old log flume, and it looks to be even more thrilling! I know it is an Intamin, but all jokes aside, one of these days, Cedar Fair will have to start working with them again.

That looks amazing! I would vote for this Intamin or not!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I think you mean KCKC. It wasn’t Kenton’s Kove Beelboat Canal.

Lol! I I know the name, but I don’t want to type it out each time because it is way too long. I guess I need to work on my abbreviations.

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

We got Paramount to thank for KKBC being torn down. A beige box is not a worthy replacement in my opinion. I just don’t know if Cedar Fair will spend the thousand and thousands of dollars to have the Tomb Raider building torn down. 

If I may pose this question, would KCKC still be around today even if Paramount hadn't removed it (that is lasted 13 years through Cedar Fair's ownership)?

Personally, I have hard time believing so. Industry-wide, traditional dry-park water rides are a dying breed, and are becoming ever less relevant in the advent of more innovative Mack and Intamin water coasters such as Pulsar or Speed, respectively.

Cedar Fair removed Carowind's lone water ride in 2016. Do you really think this same company would have justified having keeping what was four water rides at KI. I can't think of any park that has more than 3 dry park water rides, and typically the formula goes log/boat/rapids - a formula which is satisfied already with the current RFYLCB, Congo Falls, and White Water Canyon.

Simply put, I believe the removal was just a matter of sooner rather than later. I highly doubt it would be standing today if Paramount didn't axe it. And besides, they obviously did not intend for TR:TR to end up being just a big beige box used only for Haunt time/storage. It was a wild (great) idea - just fell short on execution.

Tomb Raider in its full glory, and with the mystery it invoked, I personally believe was a worthy replacement for the time being.

And ...who do we have for the foliage and seclusion of Rivertown being decimated by a giant red coaster towering over the midway?

( Just for the record, I don't actually have much of a problem with DB's placement, given that its a good ride, but this is something that is often overlooked by those who critique Paramount's decisions yet give Cedar Fair a pass on this - a double standard, if you will. DB diminished the area's feel FAR more than so-called "ugly" beige box ever could, IMO.)

• Like 4

That is true @BeastForever, but I always wonder why Cedar Fair has removed all of Carowinds water rides and not touched any of Kings Island’s. I only think Cedar Fair removes water rides when they want that land for future development, and I am not sure that Cedar Fair would have wanted to develop the land that KCKC occupied. If they did, I wish they would have sprung for something else besides Tomb Raider. I honestly cannot think of another park that has had so much wasted investment. Son of Beast and Tomb Raider: The Ride combined cost over 50 million not counting inflation, and I can only imagine what we could have today if that money was spent more wisely. I like what Cedar Fair is doing to the park by trying to build up Kings Island’s lineup. I think Paramount worked with the wrong companies.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I would hope that the face of the ferris wheel would face outwards to add to the skyline. Diamondback, Banshee (Not to bad tho), and now Project X are all parallel with each other. I want a lift sideways in the park so bad.

Cough Vortex! Cough haha :P

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Cough Vortex! Cough haha :P

*new/taller lift. I love Vortex. It is iconic for Kings Island. Ill be sad when they remove it but not mad. Kings Island's, Copper head or Dive, or maybe even a compact wing would fit right there. And itll be awesome when the day comes that we have, Project X (lets just use dive for example) Dive coaster, next to beast, next to mystic and Diamondback.

Action Zone is fine for now, if anything a re-theme but they are good on rides, 

Add ProjectX and xbase is fine for awhile,  maybe a flat down the road,

Rivertown is fine for now too, good theme, water ride, and three  coasters two of which are elite for the park and mystics fun as hell, maybe something down the road in Crypt spot or in building

Take Vortex out, add Mack launch, dive, or darn in your case even a Intamin Blitz could fit in there and I think Kings Island will quit getting slept on

lowkey really want an Intamin coaster in Kings Island 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

*new/taller lift. I love Vortex. It is iconic for Kings Island. Ill be sad when they remove it but not mad. Kings Island's, Copper head or Dive, or maybe even a compact wing would fit right there. And itll be awesome when the day comes that we have, Project X (lets just use dive for example) Dive coaster, next to beast, next to mystic and Diamondback.

Action Zone is fine for now, if anything a re-theme but they are good on rides, 

Add ProjectX and xbase is fine for awhile,  maybe a flat down the road,

Rivertown is fine for now too, good theme, water ride, and three  coasters two of which are elite for the park and mystics fun as hell, maybe something down the road in Crypt spot or in building

Take Vortex out, add Mack launch, dive, or darn in your case even a Intamin Blitz could fit in there and I think Kings Island will quit getting slept on

lowkey really want an Intamin coaster in Kings Island 

I get what you are saying for sure. I actually really agree with what you said in the post. I may switch Mack out with S&S and of course Intamin.  I would like the park to get some larger scale flats.

• Like 1

Couldnt agree more. I Would love an S&S. I would also love to see a Kings Island with each area with one major flat. So waiting on you Xbase and Rivertown, not sure where one would fit in Xbase tho, unless they moved maintance. Maybe one day we will screen shot these comments on these forums and be so hyped that its happening

• Like 1

The problem with the removal of Vortex is (that it's still one of my favorite rides in the park, and it is such an iconic coaster to me, and to me it's the biggest nostalgia of feeling like a bad arse the first time I rode it) that it's such a beautiful coaster. If they pull that out of there, then whatever they add back is going to have to be something amazing, because of its location and the fact that it is very much a decorative fixture for that area. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

The problem with the removal of Vortex is (that it's still one of my favorite rides in the park, and it is such an iconic coaster to me, and to me it's the biggest nostalgia of feeling like a bad arse the first time I rode it) that it's such a beautiful coaster. If they pull that out of there, then whatever they add back is going to have to be something amazing, because of its location and the fact that it is very much a decorative fixture for that area. 

I wouldn't be sad to see it go, but it's my personal opinion.  I cant fit on the ride comfortably with the small trains and OTS restraints.  If they swapped out the OTS for something similar to what FoF has now, and gave it a repaint which after seeing it the last time we went to the park it is in dire need of, I'd be okay with it staying. 

Maybe because it's one of my favorite rides at WDW, not that its thrilling or anything it's just a cool concept, but I'd love to see something like the Peoplemover from Magic Kingdom, at KI.  Have it run through the entire park as a kind of tour.  

1 hour ago, decyferite said:

I wouldn't be sad to see it go, but it's my personal opinion.  I cant fit on the ride comfortably with the small trains and OTS restraints.  If they swapped out the OTS for something similar to what FoF has now, and gave it a repaint which after seeing it the last time we went to the park it is in dire need of, I'd be okay with it staying. 

My wife and I were watching videos online last night, and there was a pic of Vortex when she was actually deep royal blue and bright orange. It was beautiful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

My wife and I were watching videos online last night, and there was a pic of Vortex when she was actually deep royal blue and bright orange. It was beautiful. 

I just wish they would give it the paint job at least, it is looking pretty ragged atm and it needs something to spruce it up... Either give it some attention or let it go.  Just sayin'

• Like 1