The Flat Ride Speculation Thread

Rivertown Rider

18 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I would love to see a Screamin' Swing.  It could easily go in Rivertown, Oktoberfest, or Action Zone.

If it goes to Rivertown have it replace the box

If it goes to Oktoberfest it could be cool to see Slingshot be relocated somewhere else in the park and the Screamin' Swing go there but that seems less likely 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 7:37 PM, MillenniumforceMike said:

three words

Gerstlauer Sky Roller

The one at CW isn't that popular with the GP... In a typical cycle, it's rare to look at the scoreboard and see more than half a dozen of the seats get a single full rotation, or more than 2 get double digits... 

This is purely due to the riders, not the cycle... Doesn't help that they lessened how far the wings go to make it harder to rotate due to a few people getting crazy high rotations... The average rider though just moves the wings around like a bird thrown out of the nest for the first time...

The end result is that very few people give it a second go due to a disappointing first ride...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Honorarius said:

The one at CW isn't that popular with the GP... In a typical cycle, it's rare to look at the scoreboard and see more than half a dozen of the seats get a single full rotation, or more than 2 get double digits... 

This is purely due to the riders, not the cycle... Doesn't help that they lessened how far the wings go to make it harder to rotate due to a few people getting crazy high rotations... The average rider though just moves the wings around like a bird thrown out of the nest for the first time...

The end result is that very few people give it a second go due to a disappointing first ride...

What do you think would be the best flat that Wonderland has that KI doesn't based on lack of downtime and GP popularity?

3 hours ago, Nutterie said:

whats the ride called where you can control the wings and do flips by moving them? i want one of those

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is this what you are talking about? It's called a Sky Fly. It is a model of flat ride created by Gerstlauer that was inspired by another Gerstlauer flat ride call the Sky Roller. I honestly think it would be cool if they put a space themed one in Area 72 or one in Coney Mall painted to look similar to Zodiac, but I'm not quiet sure about it's capacity. It looks like it fits better in smaller parks, but I don't know for sure. 

On 8/31/2020 at 9:36 PM, DiamondBeast said:

I kind of want to see a part of Vortex's spot used to put a few more flat rides in Coney Mall. I've always wanted a tilt-a-whirl at Kings Island, but a Scat might also be nice. 

Gross I just throw up in my moth a little bit my duuuuuude....

On 8/31/2020 at 9:36 PM, DiamondBeast said:

I kind of want to see a part of Vortex's spot used to put a few more flat rides in Coney Mall. I've always wanted a tilt-a-whirl at Kings Island, but a Scat might also be nice. 

We'd be more likely to get a roundup than we would one of these, simple for capacity issues.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

We'd be more likely to get a roundup than we would one of these, simple for capacity issues.

You have a point. But, a roundup would also be good. It would be cool if they themed it as an UFO and put it in area 72. But I don't think that will ever happen.   

With the success of Winterfest, fleshing out the park with more flats that can run during Winterfest would be a smart idea.

Adding a new Der Spinning Keggers (Teacups) and a Musik Express to Action Zone or Oktoberfest would really add a lot to those respective areas.  

After they do that adding some additional family flats to a revamped Camp Snoopy overlay of Planet Snoopy would be great as well.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I know that these are not being made anymore, but it would love to see an S&S Sky Swat come to Kings Island. As for the location, I'm thinking Action Zone, Rivertown, or even Area 72.

I've said this before, but a Zamperla Hawk 48 Meteor @ Dorney Park) would be a cool addition to the park; especially now with the addition Area 72.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

I know that these are not being made anymore, but it would love to see an S&S Sky Swat come to Kings Island. As for the location, I'm thinking Action Zone, Rivertown, or even Area 72.

I've said this before, but a Zamperla Hawk 48 Meteor @ Dorney Park) would be a cool addition to the park; especially now with the addition Area 72.

Speaking of The Sky Swat, expedition theme park just did an episode on Slammer. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen it yet give it a watch. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, WickedDragster said:

Would be cool to see a Zamperla Super Air Race maybe in the Area 72 and continue to expand that area.  The ride fits the theme.

ZPL_SuperAIRrACE-07.jpg

My main question with adding new rides to A72 is where would they place them? Would they remove the Maintenance buildings or open up the area on the left side of A72 near FOF's exit? 

• Like 4

I think the area next/behind FoF's exit would be the most logical expansion point at this time as its already pretty open. They just have to add some path around the side of the building and you could easily fit in a flat or there depending on the style.

Oktoberfest is still my primary area I'd like to see additions too. The main two rides I'd add would be either a teacups style ride or tilt a whirl themed to beer kegs for a "return" of Der Spinning Keggers. Also I would add some form of Skywarp attraction from Skyline as an homage to Bayern Kurve.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I think it could fit in most areas with the right Theme. Any flat fits Coney in general. Could easily get a flight test theme for Area 72, a logging/buzzsaw theme for Rivertown, or if we got the dark forest retheme many ask for for Action Zone it could have a windmill theme, AZ as is would accommodate any thrilling flat.

• Like 1

The swinging gondolas without restraints were part of the charm of Skylab, and I'm generally not a fan of OTSRs.  But I'd still love to see KI get an Endeavour.  Right now the only flat I make a point to ride each trip is Delirium.  Not to say I don't enjoy some others (SR&R and Viking Fury, for example), but I could take or leave most of them.  It would be nice to have another flat to get excited about, and an Endeavour would fit that bill for me.  I just hope they don't waste money and space on something you can ride at a county fair or parking lot carnival.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

With Joyland Park in Texas closing hopefully Cedar Fair picks up some of the flats.  https://irmrides.com/product-tag/joyland/ 

The Musik Express is a Mack and would be a nice pick up for the chain.  Hopefully Cedar Fair already picked up the Trabant, Tilt-a-Whirl, and the Eyerly Spider (more to use for parts for the various Eyerly Monster versions in the chain). 

• Like 1