The Flat Ride Speculation Thread

Rivertown Rider

The Musik Express would look very good in Coney Mall. I could see a ride like that going where KillMart is or next to the Grand Carousel in that grassy plot of land behind the International Showplace. That part of the park has always seemed very dead, and I think something needs to be done behind the International Showplace whether it be a new ride, restaurant, or just trees and landscaping.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Looks like Seabreeze Amusement Park is removing their Bisch-Rocco Flying Scooters ride next year, they're adding a WindstarZ. This gives Kings Island a chance to head over to NY and take it off their hands, hopefully bringing back an old classic style scooters ride. It could replace that basketball game in Coney Mall!  ;)^_^

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Looks like Seabreeze Amusement Park is removing their Bisch-Rocco Flying Scooters ride next year, they're adding a WindstarZ. This gives Kings Island a chance to head over to NY and take it off their hands, hopefully bringing back an old classic style scooters ride. It could replace that basketball game in Coney Mall!  ;)^_^

We need OUR flyers back! To replace the other basketball game. Haha. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Better yet, send the Seabreeze ones to Carowinds and bring our original ones home.

According to KI, when Carowinds was building Blue Ridge Junction, KI asked for them back when Carowinds was going to relocate them into Blue Ridge Junction but Carowinds wouldn’t give them back so instead, we got the Antique Autos back.

I still remember the last day and evening Flying the Eagles at KI. By the end of that night, it was a very somber and heartfelt feeling for so many people there.  I, as well as many, many others absolutely loved that ride. It had a following to say the least. It was by far my favorite flat ride ever. I just could not believe KI was losing that ride at the time. The wild, out of control feeling you could get on the original Eagles was a pure joy! And, along with the bumper cars, every single ride was different in some way. Which made it even more of a cherished ride.  One of my most hopeful wishes is that they would bring them back from Carowinds. 

I appreciate KI installing another version, but it pales in comparison to the original. Even after all these years passed, I still despise that basketball game in the place of such an incredible ride.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jbeast said:

I still remember the last day and evening Flying the Eagles at KI. By the end of that night, it was a very somber and heartfelt feeling for so many people there.  I, as well as many, many others absolutely loved that ride. It had a following to say the least. It was by far my favorite flat ride ever. I just could not believe KI was losing that ride at the time. The wild, out of control feeling you could get on the original Eagles was a pure joy! And, along with the bumper cars, every single ride was different in some way. Which made it even more of a cherished ride.  One of my most hopeful wishes is that they would bring them back from Carowinds. 

I appreciate KI installing another version, but it pales in comparison to the original. Even after all these years passed, I still despise that basketball game in the place of such an incredible ride.

To his credit, Mr Koontz has tried season after season to get the flyers back from Carowinds.  Once they were installed this last time, it pretty much sealed the option of them being transferred anytime in the near future.

• Like 4

Shaggy, thanks for the info! That does not surprise me. Mr. Koontz seems like he understands how memorable certain previous rides were to so many. It'll probably never happen, but I still dream of a day when they return to KI. 

• Like 2