Adventure Express History

HandsUp

My son (8) rode this last year. He's fascinated by roller coasters but still not ready for the bigger ones (his cousin convinced him to try Mystic Timbers and...he was not ready, lol). 

Adventure Express is such a perfect first coaster. He loves it. The thing that terrifies most kids -- the big drop -- is not there, but it's still fun enough and gives him enough twists and turns that he has a great time with it. He doesn't care about missing lava or lights because, well, he never experienced them (he'd love them if they were added back in, though). When people talk about wanting to get rid of AE or Backlot Stunt Coaster, I realize they likely don't have young kids; those are fantastic introductory coasters. Now, as we consider taking a trip in late July, he's already talking about moving up to The Bat and The Racer. 

• Like 4

On 7/23/2018 at 2:06 PM, super7 said:

The final lifthill is a huge letdown for first time riders.   I always thought they should extend the coaster past that point, re theme it with a winter theme to fit Oktoberfest, retheme the trains to Carowinds Goldrusher type trains, and boom they have a brand new family coaster to market with a small investment.

Also you have to remember the monorail went under the last hill going in the station.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joshua said:

Wait, did it? I thought it merely swooped by the track while you were leaving the station?

Yep; it went over the beginning of the ride (where Express' trains plunge into tunnel one) and then under the end. You can see both crosses in this old photo, courtesy Chris Gray.

DzQOgo4WsAAzu0K.jpg

• Like 5