Souvenir Bottle ??

mrsgarvin

This may be the world's dumbest question...but can you just get ice water to drink if you buy the souvenir bottle?  I don't want to keep buying bottled water, it costs a fortune.  TIA!

Hi! Welcome to KIC! To answer your question: Yes! You can just get the souvenir bottle to get ice water. When you buy the cup it is completely up to you where you take it and what you put in it. Something that is also important to note is that you can get free ice water at any place in the park that sells food. It is a small cup though. Let me know if that answers your question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does, thank you kindly :)   I'll be buying one of those online tomorrow night before we head out on Thursday.

The last time I was there (two years ago?) no one would give me free ice water anywhere.  I ended up spending $30+ on bottles of water!  

Yes it does, thank you kindly    I'll be buying one of those online tomorrow night before we head out on Thursday.
The last time I was there (two years ago?) no one would give me free ice water anywhere.  I ended up spending $30+ on bottles of water!  

That is really inconvenient to spend that much money on bottled water, especially when you keep running out! Keep in mind you can’t take the souvenir bottle on Mystic Timbers, Banshee, and Firehawk, along with any other loose articles. You will have to get a locker. They are only $2 for two hours though, so if you get one for a short period of time and ride those three rides it’ll be well worth it. Enjoy your visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few stand-alone drink places in the park that don't have water on their dispensers (but all of the food locations do), but for at least the last four years every location that has water will give you a small cup of ice water (or two or three usually) for free.  

However, in addition to the reusable drink bottle, they have season-long drinks where you get a smallish disposable cup each time (much bigger than the free water cups tho). That may work for you better if you don't want to carry a bottle. The locations that don't have water on their machines generally do have a water fountain or bottle filler nearby where you can fill up after adding ice to your disposable cup. 

• Like 2

Even though I have the disposable cup drink plan there are still parts of the park where getting water is less than convenient.   I usually carry a collapsible water bottle or two that fit easily into a pocket.   There are even wide mouth versions that you can put ice in.  

https://www.amazon.com/Clever-Creations-Collapsible-Friendly-Relaxing/dp/B06VVRPQCJ

Bottled water is pet peeve of mine.  Even if you buy it by the case from a warehouse club it is still more expensive than gasoline!

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Even though I have the disposable cup drink plan there are still parts of the park where getting water is less than convenient.   I usually carry a collapsible water bottle or two that fit easily into a pocket.   There are even wide mouth versions that you can put ice in.  

https://www.amazon.com/Clever-Creations-Collapsible-Friendly-Relaxing/dp/B06VVRPQCJ

Bottled water is pet peeve of mine.  Even if you buy it by the case from a warehouse club it is still more expensive than gasoline!

What gas station you going to? I can not find gas in Indy for $1.00 a gallon.