Kings Island closes early (7/10/18) due to “suspicious item” found

BoddaH1994

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Didn’t claim I was brave but not a bad idea.   However being color blind kind of disqualifies me jobs like that and a lot of others.   I need help crimping a RJ45 on the end of a network cable.  

I think you are missing my point.  When we as a society overreact the (terrorists, pranksters or whatever) win.  We are so hyper focused on stuff like this while our children get slaughtered in schools but there is apparently nothing we can about that.  

Exactly, and when schools try to do something about it and put out levy's specifically to raise money for school safety improvements only, the community goes nuts over no new taxes and the levy fails...Our society talks a good talk but doesn't wanna pay for it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am sure they are evaluating to make improvements, and we are ok to have discussion about how you would make improvements. I think a few might be a little harsh with the criticism.  Did everyone not walk away safely?

I’m really not trying to be a negative nelly here, but it’s fairly easy for everyone to walk away safely when there’s no actual threat. I hope they have proper procedure in place so everyone can walk away safely if there’s ever a real problem. 

Even more so I hope there’s never a real threat.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Didn’t claim I was brave but not a bad idea.   However being color blind kind of disqualifies me jobs like that and a lot of others.   I need help crimping a RJ45 on the end of a network cable.  

I think you are missing my point.  When we as a society overreact the (terrorists, pranksters or whatever) win.  We are so hyper focused on stuff like this while our children get slaughtered in schools but there is apparently nothing we can about that.  

We're not talking about schools, we're talking about an amusement park that has 1) had a shooting before and 2) has installed metal detectors to rectify it.

They always tell kids in schools "See something, say something" right?  If people just ignore things like this, something bad could happen.  It's very similar to the bystander effect.

2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I may have a dark sense of humor, but when I noticed the giant "firecrackers" in this display in the window of Convenience Corner, I laughed. 

IMG_8051.JPG

I'm sure it's been there all July. Please, nobody report it as suspicious. 

The shirt on display makes for a nice touch of irony :)

• Haha 2

I may have a dark sense of humor, but when I noticed the giant "firecrackers" in this display in the window of Convenience Corner, I laughed. 
IMG_8051.thumb.JPG.5a202550987b6c340c3238a8181c6d16.JPG
I'm sure it's been there all July. Please, nobody report it as suspicious. 

Classy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk