KI lets slip plans for 2019 exist on IG today?

BruceWayneWins

On Instagram today the Kings Island PR page followed the trend of letting people ask them questions and they'd answer.  One of them asked when the next roller coaster was coming and KI responded "There is still a lot of fun and excitement in front of us for the 2018 season.  We'll get to 2019 at a later date!  I'll include a screen shot.

ki2019.jpg

• Like 3

• BruceWayneWins changed the title to KI lets slip plans for 2019 exist on IG today?
1 minute ago, tuxedoman52 said:

I saw this too. Probably just teasing at this point. We haven't seen many signs of a new coaster around the park. I asked them when the giga was coming.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was thinking about that.  If it is true I'd think it has to be something that can be constructed quickly like a Railrider or Zacspin?

9 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Or maybe the coaster is already standing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#demolishVortex

Sorry, but it's old, outdated, and has aged rather poorly. There are far better experiences that could sit in that spot. Past time to get rid of it. I'll miss the beautiful photos people take of it, but I won't miss the ride itself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jcgoble3 said:

#demolishVortex

Sorry, but it's old, outdated, and has aged rather poorly. There are far better experiences that could sit in that spot. Past time to get rid of it. I'll miss the beautiful photos people take of it, but I won't miss the ride itself.

It's difficult for me to ride that anymore.  When they do replace Vortex they need to alert everyone so those who wants can ride it last one time.  Maybe have it sponsored by TriHealth...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

#demolishVortex

That's what me and my friend were talking about. It's absolutely beautiful to look at and take photos of but it's rough to ride. They should of named that the Scooby Doo coaster, because its ruff (that's terrible I know:D).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

#demolishVortex

It's old, it's outdated, but I'd argue those are no reasons to get rid of it. I'd seriously miss the ride, as it's one of my favorites there. And it's still one of the more popular coasters there. Really don't think there's a good reason to demolish it.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Arrow said:

It's old, it's outdated, but I'd argue those are no reasons to get rid of it. I'd seriously miss the ride, as it's one of my favorites there. And it's still one of the more popular coasters there. Really don't think there's a good reason to demolish it.

It’s one of the more popular coasters? Last time I was at Kings Island I saw a train with one rider followed by two empty trains. Meanwhile every other coaster that I road had at least half the train filled. I don’t think they should remove the ride. But it also is not much of a popular coaster. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, diamonbackandbeastlover said:

It’s one of the more popular coasters? Last time I was at Kings Island I saw a train with one rider followed by two empty trains. Meanwhile every other coaster that I road had at least half the train filled. I don’t think they should remove the ride. But it also is not much of a popular coaster. 

it depends on what time of day you go and what day of the week, i usually go every wed in the evening and the park is dead so of course the trains are going to be empty.

• Like 1

Just now, Fye Coasters said:

it depends on what time of day you go and what day of the week, i usually go every wed in the evening and the park is dead so of course the trains are going to be empty.

It was Tuesday. Afternoon. Yeah, a lot of rides were walk on or 5 minutes (with the exception of FOF because it was super hot out) . But one person on a train followed by two empty trains... tell me how that can be considered a popular coaster... when Adventure Express had more riders on one train than Vortex had on 3 combined. Yeah. It gets lines on busy nights and has a good number of riders. But those are the nights where most rides have a 30 minute or more wait time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, diamonbackandbeastlover said:

It was Tuesday. Afternoon. Yeah, a lot of rides were walk on or 5 minutes (with the exception of FOF because it was super hot out) . But one person on a train followed by two empty trains... tell me how that can be considered a popular coaster... when Adventure Express had more riders on one train than Vortex had on 3 combined. Yeah. It gets lines on busy nights and has a good number of riders. But those are the nights where most rides have a 30 minute or more wait time. 

yeah i hear ya, i still love me some Vortex every now and then though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Please don’t feed the trolls.

Exactly!!!  We have seen people get flamed for things much less than this and surprised this thread hasn't been locked given all the future talk in the Rumors section of this forum.  This thread says nothing that isn't already known.  Of course KI has things to look forward to remaining of 2018 - Haunt and Winterfest to name a few and of course they have plans for 2019 that will be shared at a later date.  Most businesses operate on at least a 5 year plan, so plans are somewhat known for the rolling 5 years and get tweaked and modified as the years move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

Exactly!!!  We have seen people get flamed for things much less than this and surprised this thread hasn't been locked given all the future talk in the Rumors section of this forum.  This thread says nothing that isn't already known.  Of course KI has things to look forward to remaining of 2018 - Haunt and Winterfest to name a few and of course they have plans for 2019 that will be shared at a later date.  Most businesses operate on at least a 5 year plan, so plans are somewhat known for the rolling 5 years and get tweaked and modified as the years move on.

couldnt agree more!

51 minutes ago, diamonbackandbeastlover said:

Vortex has one of the higher capacities in the park.  Unless the park is busy, it's not going to have a wait.  Same with AE, even with 2 train operation.

Go on a Saturday and it'll have a 45 minute wait.

It's still my third favorite coaster in the park.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Even though my 5 year old doesn't like roller coasters yet I would love to see something along the size of Flying Ace but a sit down coaster.  Would like to see the cars return as well.  I woudlnt mind a couple of kid flat rides either but there isn't much the park is missing on that front.

• Like 1

We need more adult flats. Delirium and WindSeeker are no longer new top thrills. Delirium’s paint job looks like someone vomited on it. Time for something new.

Vortex doesn’t need to go. Maybe they can use Eiffel Tower as a lift hill support? You heard it here first!

I think what Kings Island could in the spot of Vortex; if it gets removed in the future is a nice B&M Floorless roller coaster like Rougarou at Cedar Point. Maybe this time for them, they could introduce a vest restraint style system and be the first park ever to get a Floorless with the new restraints. Some people are going to bash me, but I'm a huge fan of Rougarou at Cedar Point

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I think what Kings Island could in the spot of Vortex; if it gets removed in the future is a nice B&M Floorless roller coaster like Rougarou at Cedar Point. Maybe this time for them, they could introduce a vest restraint style system and be the first park ever to get a Floorless with the new restraints. Some people are going to bash me, but I'm a huge fan of Rougarou at Cedar Point

I doubt Vortex is going anywhere anytime soon. They just spent quite a bit of money pouring new footers to fix the old ones and on a new sign. It's also one of the last great Arrow loopers left. It broke all kinds of records when it opened back in the day.

• Like 2